Ibanez JEM Forum banner
18K views 28 replies 23 participants last post by  Metlupass2 
#1 ·
I'm looking for any information on Fenders WW 2 model strat that came out in 92-93. I can only find ref to the Jap Squire model, mine has a Fender Spaghetti logo and a Mexican serial number. Was there a Mexican version? Have I been blessed with a replacement neck on a Squire?

Any info appreciated.

#3 ·
Yeah. It's a standard white strat (I think in the movie it's a 1962... someone will know) and it has the Waynes World 2 logo on the screw plate on the heel of the guitar.

It's not a bad guitar... I just can't findout anything about it.

#15 ·
Haha the donut part is awesome (2nd movie) :lol:

but the washburn was used for the beginning of the first movie, then he goes into a guitar shop and buys the strat (watch the movie to know what im talking about :) )

#17 ·
"64 Fender Stratocaster, Classic white with tripple single coil pickups and a whammy bar" I can't help not laugh everytime that comes on, how cassandra says it is pretty funny :lol:

#22 ·
I own one. It is a nice guitar. For those who want to fix the buzz, shim the neck as it is not tilted back far enough. Nothing else necessary. The tuning machines are crap and if you stretch a string it is out of tune. For those who want to keep it original, it really isn't much of an investment. For those who want to play it, change them. I went with planet waves tuning machines and they are great.

#26 ·
Tuning's not a problem I've had with mine. I've got 5 springs on the trem and it is screwed in tight so there's no movement, I changed the pickups over to a SD set (lil 59/ducbucker/jb jr) and it's a great little workhorse.

What I have noticed though, is that the fretboard is a really light colour for what I assume is rosewood. Can anyone clarify that?

#24 ·
i actually came in to one of these through a garage sale, neither me or the seller knew its true identity. i thought it was just a novelty back plate, but i ran the number, and found out what it was. Honestly, it's a nice guitar, but nothing extraordinary. makes a good conversation piece.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.