<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand)

Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) Discussion about any other 6-string guitars not made by Ibanez.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:31 AM

Re: What is with the Gibson Les Paul craze?

To the member or person who is possibly posting on what may be deemed an Internet forum that goes by the name of Jemsite.com, often refired to as elcid, it must be postulated in a fassion that could resemble an oppinion that his post on page 13 that did indeed dot all the i's and cross all the t's (in a politicaly correct way) was possibly humorous and that any humor found in this is the oppinion of the poster of this reply.

This is not the offical statment issued by Jemsite.com but is put forward by a person who in some oppinions has been described as 'captainD00m'.

Is that...In your oppinion, a better display of what could be described as Humor?
Old 04-23-2008, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
It's kind of funny Kotor, a page back we were having our own disagreement, and now because we explained that we are just giving our opions we are on the same page, in my opinion.
See that'S the difference. Our opinions are not so important that we need to hate on eachother. Plus, your funny. And you're helpful when a poster actually needs help. Too bad people are usually asking the same questions over and over again, they're just too new to know that we have asked and answered countless "how do I set up my trem" and "which pickup threads." If people would get a sense of humor and learn to use the search function it'd be better.

To the new guy who thinks he can say who has and hasn't got a life:

If you were a member on a forum for 6 years your post count would be high too. He only post 3 a day, that's not bad. Also, why don't you find something better to do too. Why don't you go and finish setting up your RGs.

I think it's funny when one forum member accuses another of not having a life.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh0licious View Post
Don't act too smart, you clearly had to edit that (Last edited by elcid : Today at 11:57 AM. ) to make it sound half sensical. And dude, get please get something going for you in life. You have 6,000+ posts and you're not even an admin, all you do is troll this board leaving comments that not too many people care to really hear about.

This may or may not be everybody elses opinion here aswell. Who knows. I do.
In My oppinion or IMO for all you kids born in the 90's my factious call would have probably been better reserved for this post.

And that my friends is IRONY...
Old 04-23-2008, 12:47 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotornut View Post
He's been a member for 6 years.
My point exactly. You would think being a member for 6 years and racking up 6,000+ posts, somebody might consider making you an admin. Clearly those 6,000 worthless opinions have been completey wasted. Why bother anymore?

I'm expecting you to insert your *may or may not be my opinion* garbage to divert the topic further.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:48 AM

Quote:
See that'S the difference. Our opinions are not so important that we need to hate on eachother. Plus, your funny. And you're helpful when a poster actually needs help. Too bad people are usually asking the same questions over and over again, they're just too new to know that we have asked and answered countless "how do I set up my trem" and "which pickup threads." If people would get a sense of humor and learn to use the search function it'd be better.

If you were a member on a forum for 6 years your post count would be high too. He only post 3 a day, that's not bad. Also, why don't you find something better to do too. Why don't you go and finish setting up your RGs.

People in glass houses Kotornut.
I think there needs to be a manditory humor test on all forums before people can post... but then again that would probably infringe on freedom of speach or whatever.

wait should't there have been some 'IMO''s on there somewhere?
Old 04-23-2008, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainD00M View Post
People in glass houses Kotornut.
I think there needs to be a manditory humor test on all forums before people can post... but then again that would probably infringe on freedom of speach or whatever.

wait should't there have been some 'IMO''s on there somewhere?
Somethings wrong these days. People are so easily offended. I can stand it.

I work with kids and my director takes pictures of the teachers. So I always make goofy faces. I did my best Zoolander 'Blue Steal' look for one, and then the director said, "oh that will scare the kids." I can't believe it. are you kidding? What's remotely scary about that?

That's what a lot of the noobs on the board are like too. If you say "boo" they cry. Come on people grow up and instead of calling for everyone else to be tolerant and walk on egg shells. How about tolerating more yourself and being tough enough to not cry when someone says something that isn't "daisy, roses and butterflies."
Old 04-23-2008, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69 View Post
You won't see too many (if any) pro players using other people's signatures but how many pros are using RG's? Lots.

Back in the day (80's) there were quite a few known players using JEMs.

not trying to argue a point or nothing, just saying
Thats true to a point. There are quite a few pros that play the EVH EBMM guitars.

What about the Chet Atkins guitars?

I remember seeing CC Deville playing a Jem in one of their videos.

The guys in Spinal Tap use a JS Donnie and a EVH EBMM
Old 04-23-2008, 01:36 AM

Wink

Quote:

oh i will be doing exactly when i get home. infact no i won't, i have a presentation to do which in my mind is better than setting up my rg's, because well, lets see:
complete presentation --> get better grades --> get better job --> earn more money, sooner --> buy more guitars --> make time to use my guitars and buy more, because at this point i have enough money to choose what i do (because i decided to complete my presentation).

and why and how could i find something better to do when i am doing the best thing i can given the circumstances i am in? (being @ work). it baffles me as to why you think somebody would be doing something that isn't already 'better'? why would you do the 'un-better' thing in the first place? and if you say "because i had no choice" well then you've just answered your own question. this is currently better than dealing with something that i cbf dealing with at work right now. i therefore am doing something better.

have a good day and don't take me seriously. i don't. and trust me i won't be taking you guys too seriously either! =

it's all fun and games.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:39 AM

As a friend here at work gleefully informs us all; "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.... as long as they realise MINE is the RIGHT opinion....."
Old 04-23-2008, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Yeah, a guitar that looks like a Les Paul fcking an Explorer is way nicer
And when it comes to opinions, Elcid is so correct here that opinion need not be mentioned - those Deans are VERY unfortunate looking mistakes.....

.... of course, not as unfortunate as either the reverse Flying V or the Reverse Explorer, but hey, that's only my opinion....
Old 04-23-2008, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777 View Post

*Why doesn't anyone talk about SG's????*
Ahhhh, because they are unspeakably awful? At least in my experience ('74 SG that I bought for $50 in fair condition and still managed to feel ripped off, and much later a '64 SG that I paid a WHOLE LOT MORE FOR in the hope that it would make me regain some love for Gibson after six or so months of therapy resulting from the muscular damage my '57 RI LP did my left arm.... sorry, no cigar....) SGs look ridiculously cool, and mean.... but after owning one for a while you generally realise that they are simply ridiculous.....
Old 04-23-2008, 05:40 AM

Quote:
I had nothing to do with Kim Kardashian's sex tape, but I didnt want anything to do with Paris Hilton's.
IMO that is the second funniest thing I've read today. The funniest came from senior management... but that's a different story.

ps. I love LP's, Strats, Explorers and 12 string accoustics whilst I tolerate SG's and Tele's. And I've broken every Ibanez I've owned, not on purpose though.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:37 PM

SG's vary a lot. I've played some I didn't like at all and some that were amazing. For me, the right Gibson SG is one of the very best playing and sounding guitars ever made.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:13 PM
(a)

Quote:
back to top.

gibson/les pauls are ugly ass guitars. the closest thing i would ever touch would be a dean cadillac, and god these are s3xy guitars.

http://www.deanguitars.com/caddys.php

I guess that is why there is variety.

I love Les Pauls, but you couldn't give me a Dean Cadillac.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:11 PM
(a)

Quote:
My point exactly. You would think being a member for 6 years and racking up 6,000+ posts, somebody might consider making you an admin. Clearly those 6,000 worthless opinions have been completey wasted. Why bother anymore?

I'm expecting you to insert your *may or may not be my opinion* garbage to divert the topic further.
The worst thing Glen could do for this site is make me a moderator. THat can safely be said as fact.

Tags
ace frehley, acoustic guitar, beautiful guitar, block inlays, body shape, custom guitar, custom guitars, custom shop, david mccarroll, death metal, double cutaway, doug aldrich, ebony fretboard, electric guitar, evolution pickups, fat tone, fender strat, fixed bridge, flame maple, floyd rose, fret access, fret guitar, fret guitars, gary moore, gibson les paul, gibson les paul craze, gibson les paul custom, gibson les paul studio, guitar mag, guitar shop, guitar tech, ibanez guitars, ibanez jem, jimmy page, john sykes, korean guitar, les paul, les paul custom, les paul deluxe, les paul standard, les paul studio, les paul style guitar, les pauls, local guitar shop, locking trems, mahogany body, maple neck, maple necks, marshall amp, matic bridge, michael kelly, music store, neal schon, neck joint, neck pickup, neck pickups, neck thru, palm muting, parker fly, patrick eggle, pickup ring, pickup rings, planet waves, playing guitar, pro edge, robert plant, sounding guitar, squire strat, steel strings, steve vai, strat sound, strat style, strat style guitar, super strat, toggle switch, tone zone, trem guitar, upper fret, upper fret access, upper frets, vintage strat, zakk wylde

Show/Hide Posting Rules