<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand)

Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) Discussion about any other 6-string guitars not made by Ibanez.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:18 AM

Re: What is with the Gibson Les Paul craze?

or it can be ordinary heritage cherry sunburst, but in photo with flash it looks that way.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
Looks like mini-hums
Cherry Sunburst Deluxe
Yes... & one from around 72-74 since it has the rarely used adapter style pickup rings that put the mini HB in a standard HB sized route
Old 11-09-2007, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Wing View Post
What model/color Les Paul is this??? Thanks!
Its a Deluxe with Goof rings. Not to uncommen on early Deluxes.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:31 PM

Thanks for ID-ing the guitar guys. What model is made NOW that is as close to that as possible??

The picture is of Gary Numan. The guitar actually BROKE into several pieces during that show after having been repaired multiple times over the years.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:56 PM
(a)

They make a MF exclusive Deluxe, but it isnt available in that color.
You can probably get any LP and get some rings to make the standard hum sized routes fit mini hums instead.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:51 AM

The fascination with "vintage" and "classic" crap is sickening, personally.

The mere notion that somehow owning the same guitar that countless legendary guitarists have used will infuse the player with some kind of extraordinary rocking powers..... pretty absurd.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:21 AM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootscraper_2007 View Post

The mere notion that somehow owning the same guitar that countless legendary guitarists have used will infuse the player with some kind of extraordinary rocking powers..... pretty absurd.
I love that you've come onto Jemsite a site dedicated to the Ibanez Jem (the Steve Vai signature model) to spout off like that.

Still, it's good that you've done it as early as 8 posts in so we all get a heads up on your attitude.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:30 AM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootscraper_2007 View Post
Crap to you maybe, but "sickening"???
Old 02-15-2008, 11:35 AM

Reviews: 6

I love my new Les Paul more than my Jem! The jem plays quick and has a lot of useful tools, but it'll never carry a soul as big as my Les Paul. And i've hated Gibson's for as long as i can remember. To me, it's an outdated design and i always thought people only still played them because great players used them back when it was the best thing to have. I now see other wise. You obviously must be some kind of guitar god. What else could you be if you allow yourself to act like a ****head. Anyways, this is a waste of time.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:58 PM

I'm becoming increasingly interested in Les Pauls these days. I don't think I'd ever make one my main guitar but I could see myself owning one some time soon. I have a black 1987 RG550 that I just don't seem to play much any more (I have 5 other RGs) and I kind of wish it was an equal swap for a Les Paul cos I know that if I sold the RG to buy a Les Paul I'd end up wasting the money on, y'know, bills and living and stuff. Hmph.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:03 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petie View Post
I'm becoming increasingly interested in Les Pauls these days. I don't think I'd ever make one my main guitar but I could see myself owning one some time soon. I have a black 1987 RG550 that I just don't seem to play much any more (I have 5 other RGs) and I kind of wish it was an equal swap for a Les Paul cos I know that if I sold the RG to buy a Les Paul I'd end up wasting the money on, y'know, bills and living and stuff. Hmph.
Here's a tip from someone who knows. Don't try and choose a guitar, just play as many as you can and let one choose you!

PS if you sell your 87 550 chances are you'll kick yourself years later. If you go out and play a load of Les Pauls and they turn out not to be right for you then fair enough.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:51 PM

The only drawbacks to the Les Paul IMO are wieght and the body is awkward when sitting. Everything else is good. However, I still prefer my RG.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:26 PM

There are just certain tones you can't get out of anything but a Les Paul. A proper Les Paul is next on my list.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:57 PM

Reviews: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
It's because they all shop at Guitar Center and that is what they push... They make Ibanez and other great guitars seem low end and push these out dated overpriced boat anchors(not juse LP's) on Emo idiots who don't know any better. It's because the stores like GC are endorsed by Gibson and Fender, not the artists. They brought back the bigsby style trems, that should tell you something right there.

IMHO.
I have to disagree with you on a few points there dino. Les Pauls are fine guitars. They're timeless and have stood up for decades. So has the Strat. Ibanez also makes great guitars too. As for the Bigsby it's a great system. You can't pull vai crazieness with it, but it does other things very well. Different tools for different things. Being someone who's equally versed in playing shred stuff as well as the playing of Chet Atkins I can say this from experience.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:50 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotornut View Post
The only drawbacks to the Les Paul IMO are wieght and the body is awkward when sitting. Everything else is good. However, I still prefer my RG.
Thanks to people whining the chamber Les Pauls now. They also offer the Goddess or Vixen or something, which is a girls Les Paul. Maybe you can try that.

Tags
ace frehley, acoustic guitar, beautiful guitar, block inlays, body shape, custom guitar, custom guitars, custom shop, david mccarroll, death metal, double cutaway, doug aldrich, ebony fretboard, electric guitar, evolution pickups, fat tone, fender strat, fixed bridge, flame maple, floyd rose, fret access, fret guitar, fret guitars, gary moore, gibson les paul, gibson les paul craze, gibson les paul custom, gibson les paul studio, guitar mag, guitar shop, guitar tech, ibanez guitars, ibanez jem, jimmy page, john sykes, korean guitar, les paul, les paul custom, les paul deluxe, les paul standard, les paul studio, les paul style guitar, les pauls, local guitar shop, locking trems, mahogany body, maple neck, maple necks, marshall amp, matic bridge, michael kelly, music store, neal schon, neck joint, neck pickup, neck pickups, neck thru, palm muting, parker fly, patrick eggle, pickup ring, pickup rings, planet waves, playing guitar, pro edge, robert plant, sounding guitar, squire strat, steel strings, steve vai, strat sound, strat style, strat style guitar, super strat, toggle switch, tone zone, trem guitar, upper fret, upper fret access, upper frets, vintage strat, zakk wylde

Show/Hide Posting Rules