<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand)

Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) Discussion about any other 6-string guitars not made by Ibanez.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:36 AM

Re: What Non-Ibanez's does everyone own here??

I've got an EBMM JP6 in Mystic Dream which is awesome. I've also got an old Peavy Tracer Custom which has a surprisingly great neck (the frets are too small though).
Old 12-17-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dratsum View Post
I've got an EBMM JP6 in Mystic Dream which is awesome. I've also got an old Peavy Tracer Custom which has a surprisingly great neck (the frets are too small though).
How are the necks on the JP? I've never picked one up so was wondering if they were thin and flat like a Wizard? Love the mystic dream finish!!
Old 12-17-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott 74 View Post
How are the necks on the JP? I've never picked one up so was wondering if they were thin and flat like a Wizard? Love the mystic dream finish!!
They are a lot nicer than any Ibanez neck I have played. Although I haven't had a chance to play on any old school Ibanez stuff extensively though, so take that with a grain of salt.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:43 PM

I've got a Jem777vbk as well, and the JP6 feels fairly similar to me. Maybe a little rounder in profile, but similar thickness. It doesn't feel like a wizard neck at all, but it's very comfortable and very playable. The fret board is not as flat (~400mm vs 430). It works really well for me.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dratsum View Post
I've got a Jem777vbk as well, and the JP6 feels fairly similar to me. Maybe a little rounder in profile, but similar thickness. It doesn't feel like a wizard neck at all, but it's very comfortable and very playable. The fret board is not as flat (~400mm vs 430). It works really well for me.
I'll have to just check one out for fun! Man I used to have a 777VBK (it's the black and neon green right?). Cool looking guitar and very 80's!
Old 12-17-2012, 03:26 PM

Yeah, black and green with the vine inlays. I've almost parted with it on several occasions. I'm so glad I didn't though.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:07 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98

The only non-Ibbie I have is still the pink Hello Kitty Strat.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott 74 View Post
I'll have to just check one out for fun! Man I used to have a 777VBK (it's the black and neon green right?). Cool looking guitar and very 80's!
Just to warn you - if you play one, you'll want to buy one. Aside from the neck, the body is incredibly comfortable to play (the standard model anyway - the JPX and BFR lines have a slightly larger body). The forearm scoop makes it probably the most comfortable guitars I've played in a long time.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:02 AM

Reviews: 130

Too many to chronicle... The usual suspects are there: Fender, Gibson, Charvel, BC Rich, Washburn, Epiphone, Suhr, LTD, Squier, Taylor, PRS, along with some custom pieces.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:21 AM

PRS Bernie, Fender Modern Player Thinline Deluxe with a host of mods (fantastic guitar) and a 2004 Gibson LP Standard on the way.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:54 PM

Initially when I had my Ibanez Blazer 550 (namesake) I also had a 1983 Telecaster and Takeharu nylon string.

When I had my Ibanez Roadstar and Ibanez AH-10 signature model some years later I also had a Sigma dreadnaught.

These days more than twenty years after that, along with Ibanez Artcore AS-73 I have an ESP LTD Viper.

I am not like others who only have Ibanez but if that were the case I would do just fine. I don't know that I could only have Jacksons or Parker Flys but Ibanez makes such a wide variety of guitars, and all very good, that they seem to cover all bases. If I had to replace my #1 Viper I could see owning an Ibanez Artist in its place and being quite happy with it. Also I could get my solidbody fix with one of the new Iron Label guitars from Ibanez.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:02 PM

EBMM Silhouette Special H-S-S - amazing neck and sound.
My homemade EBMM Axis copy with Warmoth Wolfgang neck (SS Frets) with Super Distortion 3 in bridge and Air Norton in neck and OFR - Sweet axe
Fender Deluxe Strat H-S-S
EVH Wolfgang Special - awesome playing and sounding guitar
My homemade JEM copy with Original Edge and EMG 81/85 set with 18 V battery mod
My homemade Jackson PC1 copy with Warmoth maple neck and SS frets and Sustainiac and Superdistorsion 3
Warmoth SRV strat copy I put together with Texas Specials.

Also Ibanez RG570 with Evolution in bridge.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:11 PM
(a)

Fender Strat Ultra
Charvel San Dimas
MIM Strat w/FR
Old 02-19-2013, 10:21 AM

Reviews: 7

Fender Telecaster Am. Std heavily modified
PRS Mira
Old 02-20-2013, 10:37 AM

Exclamation

Heartfield EX2 (Fujigen Built):

Fender Strat with GK pickup and Supervee Bladerunner:

Carvin ST300 with "Holdsworth Mod" (Holdsworth Neck carve + headstock etc):

Samick 12 String Acoustic:

The Ibanez (for good measure):

Tags
abalone inlays, alder body, beautiful guitar, blues saraceno, brian moore, caparison guitars, caparison horus, carvin bolt, charvel evh, charvel model, classic strat, crystal planet, custom guitar, custom jem, custom shop, custom shop swirl, custom swirl, dean evo, dean evo special, death metal, deluxe strat, dimarzio paf, dimarzio paf pro, dimarzio super distortion, dimarzio tone, dimarzio tone zone, dot inlay, double cutaway, ebmm evh, ebmm john petrucci, ebmm jpm, ebony board, ebony fingerboard, ebony fretboard, edge trem, epiphone les paul, eric johnson, eric johnson strat, evo bridge, evolution bridge, fanned fret, fanned frets, fat strat, fender bassman, fender custom shop, fender fat strat, fender strat, fender stratocaster, fender telecaster, flame maple, flamed maple, floyd rose, fret neck, gary moore, gibson custom shop, gibson les paul, gibson les paul classic, gibson les paul custom, gibson les paul standard, gibson les paul studio, gmc swirl, gold lace sensors, guitar shop, hamer standard, ibanez collection, ibanez guitars, ibanez jem, ibanez jpm, ibanez models, ibanez usa custom, jackson kelly, jackson soloist, jem custom, jimmy page, john petrucci, jumbo frets, killer guitar, kramer pacer, lace sensor, lace sensors, les paul, les paul classic, les paul custom, les paul deluxe, les paul standard, les paul studio, local luthier, locking tuners, mahogany body, malmsteen strat, maple neck, mij strat, neck pickup, neck thru, olympic white, paf pro, parker fly, parker fly classic, parker fly deluxe, patrick eggle, paul reed, paul reed smith, pearloid pickguard, peavey wolfgang, peavey wolfgang special, peavey wolfgang standard, playing guitar, prs mccarty, prs modern eagle, quilted maple, randy rhoads, reed smith, reverse headstock, rich warlock, richie sambora, rosewood neck, sam ash, scalloped fretboard, scalloped frets, schaller locking, schaller locking tuners, schecter revenger, shred machine, signature strat, squier strat, squire strat, srv strat, strat plus, string acoustic, suhr standard, super distortion, swamp ash, swamp ash body, thrash metal, tobacco sunburst, tone monster, tone zone, truss rod, tube amp, tung oil, vigier excaliber, warmoth neck, wolfgang special, yamaha pacifica, yngwie strat

You may also search for:

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how do ibanez's sound ?

Show/Hide Posting Rules