Ibanez JEM Forum banner

What the hell? Crystal frets?

7K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  GuitarBizarre 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I played some Glasstones guitars at NAMM and they were incredible - hugely noticeable improvements in harmonics, sustain, controllable feedback and note volume from string to string. http://www.glasstonesllc.com/ Every point that the string touches - bridge saddles, frets, fretboard- is a highly-tempered glass material. They feel a bit weird to play at first but you get used to it pretty quickly. I can't recommend them highly enough, at least for the adventurous. There will always be traditionalists who won't dig it.

#10 ·
Dam, both of those fret materials sound good, but i'm not sure if it's practical for me.:sad:

The bone frets would be cool to have on a martin, and the crystal frets would look amazing on a jem (floral inlay patter, of course):D or a prs.

I wonder how much it is to have done...i'm tempted. ;)

#16 ·
On the other hand, I saw you advocate in another thread, that someone make an irreversible modification to their guitar rather than simply buying a nut that actually fit the damn thing. Frankly dude, I don't think your opinion on much of anything is worth squat, despite the obviously sky high opinion you have of yourself.

#13 ·
Wonder if it give's smoother bending? more glass like tone. ( going off my experience with a glass slide. ) Sounds interesting, but What about wear and tear? and like couple said: Is it cost worthy or effective?

I'm sure if someone found stone to make into frets they would do it. lol

I have seen GLASS guitars that had the Warloc body design, not plexi glass. GLASS. Was pretty cool, sounded like crap and weighed too much to stand and play it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.