Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Who's good with Gibsons?

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  nato101010 
#1 ·
PICS WILL COME WHEN I CAN FIND THEM!!!

hows it going guys? everybody good? awesome.

i was in guitar center some time ago and stumbled across the oddest les paul ive ever seen.

it was silver with a black headstock, vintage tuners, HH pickup configuration, etc. all the common les paul traits. but heres where it gets different. . . .

not only did it have a maple fretboard but the whole guitar was maple!!! and if that wasnt odd enough, it had a fixed bridge with fine tuners.

heres the bridge
http://www.guitarsandeffects.com/images/artisan.jpg

and side note: the pickups werent humbuckers. they were the same size but they were more like P90's. meaning that they only had the 6 pole pieces in the middle on the pickup and not at the top or bottom. everything else was exactly like a humbucker. size and everything

any help on what the thing is? because it was the heaviest, and weirdest sounding LP ive ever seen or touched.

See less See more
#7 ·
those are the ones!! i was thinking mini-buckers as well but they were normal size.

yep, silver paint with a black headstock and gibson logo (MOP)

and the dude at GC told me so (i know, not much to go off of) it was all maple. but i couldnt find reason to disagree. it was SUPER bright in tone and the neck didnt even have a maple fretboard, just one big piece of maple with frets on it haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.