Ibanez JEM Forum banner

yamaha pacifica..

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  hoperocker 
#1 ·
if you havent tried this guitar your should!! you can pick up the more expensive one new for like £145, u take them out the box stretch in the strings and it stays in tune... with the whammy bar!
The pickups are sweet and in my opinion it plays a lot better than a Fender strat..

#2 ·
I think in the sub £200 price range yamaha's are very hard to beat.

Not sure what you mean by "the more expensive one new for like £145". The top and of their range is ~£1000. No retailer is going to have them at £145 - the dimarzios on them alone are worth more than that!

Plays better than a fender strat? Matter of personal choice but a USA Strat and a cheap strat are worlds apart.

#3 ·
I have both actually. My yamaha pacifica was my very first electric. I still have it. It's in my closet missing some parts that I took off of it for my 7.

I also have a 50th anniversary Deluxe Strat. There are many similarities actually, however I must side with the strat in terms of playability. Though the yamaha was quite nice when I first started playing.

#6 ·
A Yamaha Pacifica was also my first guitar. That guitar and I went to hell and back and I learned a LOT on it before moving on to Ibanez guitars. For what I got it for brand new, it was an EXCELLENT guitar and I remember getting compliments about it from all the people that I knew who had been playing guitars for years. But now, it's sitting somewhere in my drummer's house with rusty strings and a dusty body becuase my Ibanez guitars totally blow it away in every department. If I ever find it again, I'm going to change the strings on it and take it up to my guitar tech to have him adjust it. Really, the only thing wrong with the guitar is that it needs better pickups and a neck adjustment.

#7 ·
If you can get any of the 90's ones like the 604w or the 812w just go for it.
After that generation of guitars Yamaha slightly changed their amazing neck and made it more "strat".
Sure you can get one on ebay for around £200 and they are far better than the bottom line ones!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.