<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other 7-string Guitars

Other 7-string Guitars 7-string, 8-string & extend-range guitars guitar talk only here. All makes and models except the Universe.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2001, 05:53 PM

Blocking the trem on my RG7620? - Because going out of tune

Hi!

I'm new to the Jemsite community, but I'm a long-time Ibanez supporter and player. I just recently got a 1998 Ibanez RG7620. I was able to score a sweet deal on it and it's in EXCELLENT shape! Everything seems to be setup correctly, however I had a few questions on what might be the best route for some fixes/upgrades...

First of all, I love having the LoPro Edge trem on there, but I hate how it goes out of tune constantly. I own a 1996 Ibanez S470 that has a Lo TRS II (I believe?) that I had "blocked" by a local guitar shop. It works great now and *never* goes out of tune! I'd like to do the same with my RG7, but I'm wondering if there might be a more elegant solution. On this page (http://www.jemsite.com/axes/htm_features/det_etc.htm) an item called the "Ibanez Tremolo Unfloating Block" is listed. It's only listed as an item for JEM model guitars, however, I'm wondering if something like this exists and could be used on my RG7. If so, is it simple enough for someone like me to install or should I take it to a guitar shop? Has anyone else blocked the trem on their RG7 or UV? If so, please let me know!

Also, I'm wondering if anyone has tried replacement pickups on their RG7... I have Seymour Duncan TB-6 "Distortion" pickup on my S470 and I love it. Does anyone know if there is a 7-string version of this pickup? I'd love to get one installed in the bridge position on my guitar.

Thanks in advance for anything you can do to help me! Hope to be talking on the forum with you more in the future!

Later,
RedFive

Tags
bridge position, custom shop, duncan distortion, edge trem, ernie ball, gauge strings, guitar shop, ibanez trem, ibanez tremolo, local guitar shop, pro edge, pro edge trem, seymour duncan, string pickup, trem block, tremolo cavity

Show/Hide Posting Rules