Ibanez JEM Forum banner
15K views 35 replies 15 participants last post by  DEADTUNES666 
#1 ·
Alright chaps.

I'm wanting to order a custom Carvin 7, but understand that you can only order direct from them if you're in the US?

I'm finding it hard to find UK Carvin dealers, so, does anyone know of any US dealers who will ship to the UK? I presume this will also be cheaper (as is usually compared to the UK).

I have an urge in me to write some dirty, DIRTY tracks and need your help!

Thank you.

#3 · (Edited)
Really?

:(

How can this be? Is there really no way? I won't sleep until I find out how...

Nothing really touches them in terms of value for money, I certainly wouldn't pay double for one though, purely on principle! If I didn't know how much they were in the US I wouldn't be suprised going by usual UK prices though.

#5 ·
Yeah that's what everyone seems to say :(

I had my heart set on a 727 with a swamp ash body, koa top, maple neck with no inlays, tung oiled throughout.

Chances of one of those coming up are slim and non.

Thanks anyhoo :) I've put the feelers out there so we'll see.

#16 ·
Says 'to your door' so I presume so.

It seems a little TOO good to be true, and the guy's website link is broken, I'll reply back to double check the pricing and also ask about why his site isn't working.

I emailed the 2nd of the 2 dealers listed under UK on the Carvin site (the other is the lefty shop).

Zoot you also have a PM.

#29 ·
Yeah, this will be my first 7. I'm really getting into some heavier music now and need something to scratch that itch only lower tunings can reach.. my RGA in D Standard is doing OK at the moment!

I think you could go ahead and buy an RG7XXX for £300 or so, but spend double and get something that will last me a very long time, makes sense if you're patient I think!

#31 ·
I just joined here and thought this post I made over at ss.org a while ago might interest you.

I emailed the dealer listed on carvinworld.com yesterday, Guitar Lefty, Left handed guitars online, Home page for a quote on the following spec'd DC727:

Quote:
DC727
Right Handed 1 $829.00

WAL - Maple Neck & Walnut Body $50.00
-CG - Clear Gloss Finish (Standard) $0.00
BST - Blackburst Edges $25.00
5MW - Maple Neck w/ 2 Walnut Stripes $100.00
PH - Headstock Color To Match Body $0.00
MF - Maple Fingerboard $0.00
NIN - No Top Inlays - Side Dots Only $0.00
-FR - Med-Jumbo Frets .048" H .103" W (Standard) $0.00
-R14 - 14in Fretboard Radius (Standard) $0.00
-C26B - C26 Bridge Pickup $0.00
-C26N - C26 Neck Pickup $0.00
-400 - Black Coils w/ Black Bezels (Standard) $0.00
AC - Active/Passive Electronics w/ Coil Splitters, Phase Switch $50.00
BC - Black Hardware $20.00
-1056 - Elixer Light Gauge .010 - .056 (Standard) $0.00
WL - White Logo $0.00
SL - Dunlop Straplocks $10.00
HC11 - Form-Fitted ABS Hardshell Case $49.00

Guitar Total: $1,133.00
The price I was quoted including shipping/customs etc. was £875. I would imagine the price of ordering direct from Carvin (if they bothered shipping to the UK that is) would come to about is £760 (that's £550 guitar, £75 shipping, £135 customs (22%)) so this seems a fairly reasonable price to me.
However if you say you got a quote for £639 I know where I'd rather order, that's an amazing deal! Did you go ahead and place an order?

#32 ·
Sorry to butt in. We are the Uk dealer for Carvin based here in the UK! The site is up and running fine now - sorry if you've had problems in the past but it's all fixed now. We have a direct link to Carvin in the USA and are listed as a UK supplier on the international link Carvin site. Your right, the UK is more expensive for pretty much most instruments - take the Ibanez RG20th for example at $899 rrp or $699 if you look around but you pay £699 here in the UK if you're lucky. Same goes with PRS, Parker, Taylor,ect - prices are almost double here in the UK mainly due to taxes and shipping. Our price's are around the same as if you ship a Carvin from the states yourself, adding the shipping, import duty, and VAT etc. but ther're not always double the price - you might be surprised. We are really pleased with the quality of craftmanship for Carvin - personally, I'm a massive fan - check out the reviews and of course our site :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.