EMG 707 in RG7421? - Jemsite
Other 7-string Guitars 7-string, 8-string & extend-range guitars guitar talk only here. All makes and models except the Universe.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-15-2001, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

EMG 707 in RG7421?

What are their tonal characteristics? I have an EMG 81 in my 6-string, but that seem so to lack low-end. I was wondering if the 707s do as well.

btw- i'm running my guitar straight into a Peavey 5150 and marshall cab.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-15-2001, 03:12 PM

EMG 707 in RG7421?

I can't tell you this from experience, but using an EMG 707, (in either the 74's or 76's) will give you plenty of low-end. But will still give you that searing topend EMG's are known for. The mids are also scrooped to give a very crunchy sound. Is your 6-string trem-equipped or is it a string-thru? When I had a RG7620, I loved the tone, and I had no problem with the low-end. But when I switched exclusively to fixed-bridge guitars (My RG7421 and AX7521) I noticed they have a LOT more low end. but I love it. they also sound a lot tighter. BUT, one thing that I think the 7620 had over the fixed bridges was that the 7620 was a lot more acoustic sounding (not just unplugged, also when played through the amp) and Ive been told was because of the trem-cavity which made the sound resonate much better. Whereas my fixed bridges just have a solid body.

little advice tho, even tho EVERYone says how awesome the 707's are, try one before you buy it. I know this might be near impossible, I've never even seen one in person before!! but try. with the extra routing, it would blow to have to stay with something you dont like.

Tags
fixed bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how to tell an RG7621 from an RG7421

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode