<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other 7-string Guitars

Other 7-string Guitars 7-string, 8-string & extend-range guitars guitar talk only here. All makes and models except the Universe.

Old 05-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Vendor

ET Guitars new model Tomahawk FX7

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to show you the first of our own 7 string models. Called the Tomahawk FX7, follow the link to check it out.

http://www.etguitars.com/products/br...t/tomahawk-fx7

Its the first of the new line, and will also be available with a Floyd. We're also happy to say that we are offering a customshop 7 string for under a grand, being that it is the entry level model. Of course we can upgrade with Dimarzios or alternate hardware.

Hope you like it, any questions or comments are welcome!

Cheers,
ET Guitars
Old 05-06-2011, 08:05 PM

Re: ET Guitars new model Tomahawk FX7

Just one criticism dude - Your website says "Taylor made" all over it...do you really mean that or is it supposed to be tailor-made?
Old 05-06-2011, 08:41 PM

I want one......
Old 05-07-2011, 02:16 AM
Vendor

Pun is fully intentional. Surname is Taylor. Get it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Just one criticism dude - Your website says "Taylor made" all over it...do you really mean that or is it supposed to be tailor-made?
Old 05-07-2011, 03:03 AM
Banned

Reviews: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET Guitars View Post
Pun is fully intentional. Surname is Taylor. Get it...

I know its not an intention of yours, but you are on very dangerous grounds with this. be careful!!! Likeness rights are nothing to joke with dude!
Old 05-07-2011, 05:11 AM

Reviews: 120

It is a likeness, his last name is Taylor, and he makes them. No issues there as far as I can see.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:13 AM

I love them too Ernie. I had said on facebook I'd you'd like your range reviewed let me know. My site's the same name as my username here.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:19 AM
Vendor

I hear you linux. I'm not much into sports these days, but i guess the main likeness might be a sporting goods maker, that i have just been informed. My business is registered in Australia as Taylor Made Guitars, and the registry had no problem with that. There were literally hundreds of Taylor Made whatevers when I applied, everthing from golf clubs to mens suits to pies. So I'm not overly fussed but understand where your coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxpenguin View Post
I know its not an intention of yours, but you are on very dangerous grounds with this. be careful!!! Likeness rights are nothing to joke with dude!
Thanks mate, I will probably take you up on that! Playtesters concensus so far has been liking the neck profile, its the ET carve. A couple of guys said it outplays their RG7321 no problem. They're over a grand here in Aus, around $1199 I think.

I'm hoping for some really honest feedback on this thing. Its priced in a zone with some heavy competition, like the lower Ibby's and Agiles. I'm looking to see what improvements can be included in future builds, so that its unbeatable at that price. Even now, we can put Dimarzios in for the same retail price as an RG7321.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
I love them too Ernie. I had said on facebook I'd you'd like your range reviewed let me know. My site's the same name as my username here.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:14 AM

I think Linux is referring to http://www.taylorguitars.com/.

Guitars are looking good though Ernie,i would like to see some longer scale necks though like Agile.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Banned

Reviews: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey j grieve View Post
I think Linux is referring to http://www.taylorguitars.com/.

Guitars are looking good though Ernie,i would like to see some longer scale necks though like Agile.
http://www.digest.com/Big_Story.php
EXACTLY.

I just dont want you to get sued dude, happened to a friend of mine who used apple's "i" logo without asking lol.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET Guitars View Post
Thanks mate, I will probably take you up on that! Playtesters concensus so far has been liking the neck profile, its the ET carve. A couple of guys said it outplays their RG7321 no problem. They're over a grand here in Aus, around $1199 I think.

I'm hoping for some really honest feedback on this thing. Its priced in a zone with some heavy competition, like the lower Ibby's and Agiles. I'm looking to see what improvements can be included in future builds, so that its unbeatable at that price. Even now, we can put Dimarzios in for the same retail price as an RG7321.
No worries, hit me up at at my site. I'll look forward to hearing from you.
http://www.lonephantom.com
Old 05-08-2011, 03:54 AM

It's drop-dead gorgeous, and to date i've heard nothing but good things about your build quality (i hope there were no corners cut in this regard) -
so i don't see any competition between your guitars and an equally priced, lower end Ibby.

Furthermore, i think the choice of generic pups is right, more so than a choice of pickup made by the luthier.
I'm the last person to second guess the expertise and familiarity of a luthier, but between BKP, Lundgren and EMG X series turning mainstream, a multitude of smaller companies like Lonewolfe and Q-tuners entering the market via e-commerce and SD/Dimarzios being available for ~60$ off of E-bay,
everybody has his own flavor nowadays, and a lot of players now know they'll be changing the pickups on a guitar first thing after they open the case.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:54 AM

Lookin' good! I also really appreciate the coil split being active on the individual pickup selections as well as the split one. Not many players have even heard a single coil in the bridge pickup of a 7-string but it makes SO much sense.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:51 PM

Reviews: 34

Looks awesome and the price looks good.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:57 PM

Reviews: 4

looks awesome! i've checked the site about once a month since the last update....and boom, a new website replaces it!

I know i don't live too far away from you, and i dont have a website....but i have tumblr/facebook etc very internet social, i'd love to review a product of yours sometime! or even just try it out

awesome price, looks quality, keep it up.

Cam

Tags
7 string, et guitars, fixed bridge guitar

Show/Hide Posting Rules