Heh, major G.A.S. lately... - I can post here now, picked up - Jemsite
Other 7-string Guitars 7-string, 8-string & extend-range guitars guitar talk only here. All makes and models except the Universe.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

Heh, major G.A.S. lately... - I can post here now, picked up

Wow, I get to post in the 7 string topic now.. Cool! :biggrin:

I pulled this out of a pawn shop today, $400 with the UV case(I guess, don't know the case model #)..

Pretty sweet for my first 7, has a few marker-tip size chips(3 total), but in good condition overall.. The main thing is she's Blue, and not red or silver.. hehe Think I'll name her 'Midnight'..

Couple pictures:

98 model, with the regular black hardware, not cosmo..

So, while the 'new7' pickups are okay, I guess, I'll probably replace them with something else.. I like Breeds on a 6string, so I don't know what to get for this.. This is where I need some help.. I'll mostly be playing thrash/death metal on this..

So, should I go with a Blaze Custom(bridge) + Blaze II(neck)? Or maybe an Evo7 or AirNorton7? I don't care for the ToneZone 6string pickup, and I'd rather have more of a PAF Pro neck tone.. What's the Blaze II neck pickup like for lead playing? And is the increased bass on all dimarzio 7 string pickups audible? The reason I like the Breeds so much is they have more of a midrange chunk, instead of a bassy woof..

This has got me tied in knots, so I'm gonna wait on replacing the pickups till I find something I like.. The stocks will do, for now, I guess... I'd love to hear everyone's opinions on pickups though, it would really help.. Doesn't even have to be Dimarzios, but no EMGs.. I'm not routing her.

Thanks in advance guys.. I've got to stop buying guitars, I went from having one at home, and a prodject half payed for at work, to having 4 guitars, all in about a month.. yikes...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2001, 12:30 AM

Heh, major G.A.S. lately...

Way to go
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2001, 12:33 AM

nice! i like that colour. congrats on your find.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2001, 04:25 AM

C O N G R A T S * D U D E !!!!!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2001, 06:35 AM

Maan, in pawn shops you can find some gr8 stuff... God word dude.. !!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2001, 12:42 PM

Congrats! * That's my favorite of the RG7620 colors!!

Tags
death metal , neck pickup , paf pro , paf pro neck , pro neck , string pickup , string pickups

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode