Ibanez JEM Forum banner

New custom build 7 .

4K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  Nevy 
#1 ·
I got bored mulling about in the garage waiting for the sunshine so I can spray my other builds and ended up cutting this template.

And glued a center piece up .

See less See more
#11 ·
Wow, holy molly. You don't hang about do you mate? You and AndyT should have a race to make a UV and we can all watch.

I also think it's borderline madness for a man with amount of guitars you have to have to resort to making even more. LOL

Nice one Al, the neck looks cool and it looks bloody good too. Nice job mate, that laminate looks nice at the beginning also.

#14 ·
Its not about the numbers Al :confused: I just cant get out of the building habit . I found a wood importer just down the road from me after years of trawling the net and driving crazy distances looking for the stuff .
Andy makes complete guitars in his dinner hour so no contest , and he's got more tools than me :lol:

#19 ·
Thanks for the comments :)
Still awaiting parts and not sure what finish to put on this one .

Specs are ...

Paduk , Maple , Mahogany ,Wenge , Walnut and Tulipwood body .
Maple , Mahogany and wenge knobs from off-cuts and Paduk control plate .
Paduk switch tip .

Acacia neck with Maple f-board and walnut head-stock cap .
Paduk and Wenge inlays .
2 way truss-rod.
Super jumbo frets .

I was going to sustainiac this but decided on just coiltapping .
Swapped these pickups from a mate but dont know what make they are but they have a great punch and high output .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.