<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other 7-string Guitars

Other 7-string Guitars 7-string, 8-string & extend-range guitars guitar talk only here. All makes and models except the Universe.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Jet9  is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: chicago
Posts: 236  -  iTrader: (0)
Reviews: 18

RGD2127 vs. RG1527 vs. anything else


So, I've been looking into getting my first 7-string, with the only condition being that I want to get something of high quality that'll last me a long time. I've been looking at 2 things so far, the RGD2127, and the RG1527, and i'll be changing the PU's to dimarzios either way. can you give me some info on which one of those 2 would be the better in the long run? also, are there any other guitars I should look at?
quote
  #2  
Old 02-11-2011, 08:54 PM
D.M.RG7620  is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Plainfield, Illinois
Posts: 2,809  -  iTrader: (1)
Reviews: 11

Re: RGD2127 vs. RG1527 vs. anything else


if your detuning, RGD. if not, RG. thats the only big difference. and now the 1527 even comes with the edge zero. oh, and the RGD has a 3 way toggle switch vs. the 5 way blade so you get less tone options. personally, id get the 1527. it can do everything the RGD can and a little bit more. the RGD is great but it seems like a bit of a one trick pony (a seriously awesome, metal a$$ trick!!! but still just one). oh and my 1527 detunes juuuuuuust fine
quote
  #3  
Old 02-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Jet9  is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: chicago
Posts: 236  -  iTrader: (0)
Reviews: 18

Re: RGD2127 vs. RG1527 vs. anything else


what difference does that extra inch in scale make for the RGD?
quote
  #4  
Old 02-11-2011, 09:02 PM
D.M.RG7620  is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Plainfield, Illinois
Posts: 2,809  -  iTrader: (1)
Reviews: 11

Re: RGD2127 vs. RG1527 vs. anything else


makes the strings a bit tighter which means you dont have to put super thick strings on the guitar to detune which means you can get better bends and still get a tight feel. so better for detuning but take time to get used to. thats about it
quote
  #5  
Old 02-11-2011, 09:17 PM
6fingers  is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 4,982  -  iTrader: (0)
Reviews: 64

Re: RGD2127 vs. RG1527 vs. anything else


Quote:
Originally Posted by IBZRG1527prestige View Post
if your detuning, RGD. if not, RG........................................oh and my 1527 detunes juuuuuuust fine
Contradiction.

There are no problems about detuning 1527.I already tuned mine with really different tunings and it always stayed in tune.

Dude everything in life is about personal tastes so what's good to one is crap to another.
Both guitars are good but you have to try so asking to strangers about guitars,cars,clothes,colors,food and............chicks is a waste of time.
Even if you can't try them still strangers opinions work for nothing.
quote
  #6  
Old 02-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Jet9  is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: chicago
Posts: 236  -  iTrader: (0)
Reviews: 18

Re: RGD2127 vs. RG1527 vs. anything else


Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
Contradiction.

Dude everything in life is about personal tastes so what's good to one is crap to another.
Both guitars are good but you have to try so asking to strangers about guitars,cars,clothes,
colors,food and............chicks is a waste of time.
Even if you can't try them still strangers opinions work for nothing.
i'm not really looking for 'which one is better', i'm looking for pros/cons and possibly any fatal flaws with the guitars, along with any other suggestions for different ones that are worth looking into.

so from what I understand, the only differences outside of design are the scale and PU's. is this correct?
quote
  #7  
Old 02-11-2011, 09:24 PM
6fingers  is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 4,982  -  iTrader: (0)
Reviews: 64

Re: RGD2127 vs. RG1527 vs. anything else


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet9 View Post
i'm not really looking for 'which one is better', i'm looking for pros/cons and possibly any fatal flaws with the guitars, along with any other suggestions for different ones that are worth looking into.

so from what I understand, the only differences outside of design are the scale and PU's. is this correct?
pros/cons = personal tastes = personal opinions = personal.

Everybody have their OWN pros/cons
quote
  #8  
Old 02-11-2011, 09:26 PM
D.M.RG7620  is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Plainfield, Illinois
Posts: 2,809  -  iTrader: (1)
Reviews: 11

Re: RGD2127 vs. RG1527 vs. anything else


did i ever say there were problems detuning the 1527? i dont think i did. i was stating the differences and similarities between the 1527 and the 2127. so it wasnt a contradiction, it was stating a fact, then my opinion.

and the longer the scale, the better for detuning. thats common knowledge, so dont try to say im wrong.

and do you have to try and pick a fight in every thread? because ive never seen you give a calm opinion and try to help people out before, i just see you trying to go against what other people are saying. but thats all off topic and doesnt help the OP at all.

Jet9, i say go with the 1527 because, as i said before, it does everything the 2127 can do and more. and with the 1527, you have the option to get an edge pro versus the edge zero if you want so you get a little bit more variety
quote
  #9  
Old 02-11-2011, 09:35 PM
6fingers  is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 4,982  -  iTrader: (0)
Reviews: 64

Re: RGD2127 vs. RG1527 vs. anything else


Quote:
Originally Posted by IBZRG1527prestige View Post
did i ever say there were problems detuning the 1527? i dont think i did. i was stating the differences and similarities between the 1527 and the 2127. so it wasnt a contradiction, it was stating a fact, then my opinion.

and the longer the scale, the better for detuning. thats common knowledge, so dont try to say im wrong.

and do you have to try and pick a fight in every thread? because ive never seen you give a calm opinion and try to help people out before, i just see you trying to go against what other people are saying. but thats all off topic and doesnt help the OP at all.

Jet9, i say go with the 1527 because, as i said before, it does everything the 2127 can do and more. and with the 1527, you have the option to get an edge pro versus the edge zero if you want so you get a little bit more variety
Yep it was a contradiction.
If you say he should buy the other guitar for detuning but 1527 detunes fine.....it's a contradiction.
Google contradiction.

I'm always calm and if you think I'm not .................lol
Alot of guys(not talking about you) who just bought their first guitar act like they have a 20 years experience about it.
Those guys keep spreading myths and wrong info.
So I always give my contrary opinion about their info.

BTW in what world showing your contradiction is picking a fight?
If you think that's is a fight what would you think if somebody said you're completely wrong?
Maybe you'd think he's trying to kill you lol
If you don't want somebody pointing your contradiction just read what you wrote before hiting reply.
quote
  #10  
Old 02-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Jet9  is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: chicago
Posts: 236  -  iTrader: (0)
Reviews: 18

Re: RGD2127 vs. RG1527 vs. anything else



This is spongebob on crack. This argument is now over, K? K.

I cant seem to find a new rg1527 anywhere online, why is is that?
quote
  #11  
Old 02-11-2011, 09:43 PM
6fingers  is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 4,982  -  iTrader: (0)
Reviews: 64

Re: RGD2127 vs. RG1527 vs. anything else


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet9 View Post
hahahahahhhahahahahaahha
quote
  #12  
Old 02-11-2011, 09:43 PM
D.M.RG7620  is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Plainfield, Illinois
Posts: 2,809  -  iTrader: (1)
Reviews: 11

Re: RGD2127 vs. RG1527 vs. anything else


Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
Yep it was a contradiction.
If you say he should buy the other guitar for detuning but 1527 detunes fine.....it's a contradiction.
Google contradiction.

I'm always calm and if you think I'm not .................lol
Alot of guys(not talking about you) who just bought their first guitar act like they have a 20 years experience about it.
Those guys keep spreading myths and wrong info.
So I always give my contrary opinion about their info.

BTW in what world showing your contradction is picking a fight?
If you think that's is a fight what would you think if somebody said you're completely wrong?
Maybe you'd think he's trying to kill you lol
If you don't want somebody pointing your contradiction just think more before typing or at least read what you wrote before hitting reply.
if you wanna b!tch about me, you can PM me but lets not hijack the thread from the OP. ok?

Jet, just a quick review here

rg1527(z): tone knob, 5-way blade, shorter scale (can detune but not quite as well), EZ or EP, more tone options

rgd2127z: only volume, longer scale (best for detuning), EZ only, 3-way toggle, less tone options

those are the big differences
quote
  #13  
Old 02-11-2011, 09:44 PM
(a)
RGTFanatic  is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New Lenox, IL-USA
Posts: 8,410  -  iTrader: (18)
Reviews: 2

Re: RGD2127 vs. RG1527 vs. anything else


Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
pros/cons = personal tastes = personal opinions = personal.

Everybody have their OWN pros/cons
actually, pro's and con's have nothing to do with personal taste............. a guitar with locking studs is a pro, a guitar without is a con....... no personal taste involved.

Quote:
con·tra·dic·tion
noun \ˌkän-trə-ˈdik-shən\
Definition of CONTRADICTION
1
: act or an instance of contradicting
2
a : a proposition, statement, or phrase that asserts or implies both the truth and falsity of something b : a statement or phrase whose parts contradict each other <a round square is a contradiction in terms>
3
a : logical incongruity b : a situation in which inherent factors, actions, or propositions are inconsistent or contrary to one another

Stating that a guitar is better at something than a second guitar, AND that the second guitar is still suitable for the said purpose is NOT a contradiction.......... It IS an expansion of the facts.
quote
  #14  
Old 02-11-2011, 09:45 PM
D.M.RG7620  is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Plainfield, Illinois
Posts: 2,809  -  iTrader: (1)
Reviews: 11

Re: RGD2127 vs. RG1527 vs. anything else


and for some reason, they dont sell them on the GC site or anything. i dont know why, they just kinda didnt. and i was with you on the argument ending, believe me. you just beat me to it
quote
  #15  
Old 02-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Jet9  is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: chicago
Posts: 236  -  iTrader: (0)
Reviews: 18

Re: RGD2127 vs. RG1527 vs. anything else


neither have any huge problems, right? not known for breaking in any way?
quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Show/Hide Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Show/Hide Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RGD2127 Prestige. teqnick Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 1 11-11-2010 11:45 PM
FS: RG1527 New In Box LennyX Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 4 01-09-2008 04:29 PM
RG1527 LethalAe86TypeR Other 7-string Guitars 7 01-01-2007 06:22 PM
rg1527 on **** uk.... Dragon Slayer J Other 7-string Guitars 9 11-22-2006 03:15 PM
Should I buy an UV or RG1527? T-MU Other 7-string Guitars 9 05-07-2003 09:12 AM

Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) jemsite.com
Powered by