<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other 7-string Guitars

Other 7-string Guitars 7-string, 8-string & extend-range guitars guitar talk only here. All makes and models except the Universe.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:59 PM

Re: VIK Build thread (AMAZING woods)

Im guessing a month or so. Its actually a bit further along than pictured. It was initially due to be done a few months ago but Vik had to get emergency surgery for his kidney(s?).

Its fine by me though, communication with him has been great and theres nothing you can really do if someone has to get surgery.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthtastic View Post
Im guessing a month or so. Its actually a bit further along than pictured. It was initially due to be done a few months ago but Vik had to get emergency surgery for his kidney(s?).

Its fine by me though, communication with him has been great and theres nothing you can really do if someone has to get surgery.
Good stuff man. Not too long to wait then. I'd be counting the hours to get my hands on that guitar. Gonna be awesome, please post pics of the finished article, Cheers!!!
Old 12-23-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezDaemon View Post
...but I've just ordered 2 Daemoness builds in the last month with more possibly to follow.
Awesome! I would absolutely love to be in the position to order a Daemoness. The inlay work is spectacular. (won't ask you any questions though, don't want to spam up Stealthtastic's thread)

Quote:

It's looking like it's going to be a beautiful guitar! The burl is going to look so sweet under a few coats of gloss. Very jealous. If only I had enough money I would be ordering one too. Please post up your playing impressions when you receive it!
Old 12-23-2012, 06:12 PM

[quote=wilch;1215248] Awesome! I would absolutely love to be in the position to order a Daemoness. The inlay work is spectacular. (won't ask you any questions though, don't want to spam up Stealthtastic's thread)

Shoot me a PM dude. I'm happy to discuss both builds and inlays if you wish? You should go for a Daemoness big time. Pay the deposit and get on the waiting list, build time currently running at 16-19 months which gives you ample time to come up with the rest of the moolah. Dylan is such a cool guy to work with, dude actually rang me last Sunday for a chat!!!! Genuine guy and told me lots of great info about the guitars etc etc. (Sorry Stealth,,)
Old 12-24-2012, 01:57 AM

Those Daemoness(es?) will be very cool! My buddy has the clock one and loves it.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:45 PM

Wow! What a great looking guitar. Jealous.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:09 AM

Thanks man!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:41 PM

We can haz moar pitchers?
Old 01-15-2013, 09:41 PM

The guitar is pretty much done. Myself and some of the others in the run decided to switch the kind of Gotoh tuners last minute though, so we're just waiting on those to get to Vik and then I think he's going to apply finishes and I should have it soon!
Old 02-04-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
I didn't think anyone here would care much for this but someone asked me to put up some pics of where my build is currently sitting at...so here we go:

Blueprint thing:

Where the build is now:

For anyone curious the specs are:
  • Mahogany body
  • Burl maple top
  • Birdseye neck (with ebony fillets)
  • Fanned frets (25-27)
  • Black binding
  • ABM bridge
  • Gotoh 510 tuners (changed our minds a week ago hha)
  • Jumbo frets (stainless steel)
  • Custom Vik Pickups with wooden bobbins

Here's an idea of what the finished product will look like (body shape and woods will be different):

This Headstock really made it's way...was developed together with some of my friends and Vik for the FF7 of Felix N. (the owner of the Vik from the pics), seems Vik really liked it...and it IS awesome. Had a chance to play Felix Vik...if you don't mind the waiting, definetly worth every cent!!
Old 02-04-2013, 02:44 PM

Yeah Felix's vik is why I ordered mine
Old 02-04-2013, 02:49 PM

That's pretty cool! Do you also know Felix in person? I was his replacement in my now also ex-band
Old 02-04-2013, 03:16 PM

Nah, he has great taste though. I just saw the guitar when he posted it on Sevenstring.org. Thats cool you know him, must be fun playing his gear
Old 02-04-2013, 04:14 PM
(a)

Really nice result , looks stunning.
Congrats.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Nah, he has great taste though. I just saw the guitar when he posted it on Sevenstring.org. Thats cool you know him, must be fun playing his gear
It definetly is..well it was..he moved all the way to Hamburg (north germany) so not possible anymore, but had the chance to play his Diezel VH4, Siggi Braun Customs (I guess there's a youtube vid of Ola Englund playing one of Felix's Siggi's, too) so that was quite awesome...you never know what he's coming up with next...great guy

Tags
saviour, vik

Show/Hide Posting Rules