Anyone tried the "StepMax" trem ? - Page 3 - Jemsite
<back   Jemsite > Toolbox: Setup, Repairs and Mods > Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 06:37 PM

Re: Anyone tried the "StepMax" trem ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S View Post
Not entirely true, this is what the site claims:

The StepMax tremolo is easy to install, has excellent performance and requires no permanent modifications. The tremolo also maintains great stability for drop tunings and "stays in reasonable tune when a string breaks."

IMO it is a rip off of the Kahlers it pretty much uses the same concept as the 2300 series trems!
I have feeling that you have never seen a StepMax up close, or have a clue how it works I can tell you because I have both. There is know comparison with a Kahler Trem to a StepMax in the way it works or the range.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotornut View Post
I think it would have been wise to shoot footage of it actually working.

Would have helped to have designed it not to be so hideous too.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I have looked at their website (Testimonials) some body likes them, I know I do. Opinions are like asses every body as one. The bad videos are gone off their site I notice but they where not good they need a more professional approach to it.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityofBlindingLights View Post
I think it's a bit innovative, but for me the good part ends there.

I don't mind the aesthetics, but honestly, the videos didn't convince me, I'd rather stick to my trusty strat two-points. But seriously, that thing's way to expensive, especially for what they're offering. I'd rather buy a Gotoh Wilkinson, I could buy three for that price.
The Gotoh Wilkinson is a single acting Tremolo, I believe you can upgrade with a StepMax to a double acting Trem. I know a guy who who did that and he loves it.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:39 PM

ahh what is with these new ppl joining just to post in this thread, my brainssss!!
Also does anyone notice how they are both from New York and Stepmax I bet is based in NY lol
also isn't that Marks guitar in the installation video
Old 04-17-2008, 07:56 PM

Yeah, I don't think anyone is fooled by this.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:54 PM

It is my guitar in the installation video I did the video, Im not trying to fool anyone I am only responding on this site because the StepMax is a nicer system than comes on a fender. Why else would I put one on my guitar?? I am going to do a video soon that will demonstrate why I believe it to be superior to the stock system.

Mark

PS: The resaon I am responding to this forum subject is because I have expierence with a StepMax , does the originator of this thread have a StepMax or has he or she ever used one??
mark
Old 04-18-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmusicman View Post
It is my guitar in the installation video I did the video, Im not trying to fool anyone I am only responding on this site because the StepMax is a nicer system than comes on a fender. Why else would I put one on my guitar?? I am going to do a video soon that will demonstrate why I believe it to be superior to the stock system.

Mark

PS: The reason I am responding to this forum subject is because I have experience with a StepMax , does the originator of this thread have a StepMax or has he or she ever used one??
mark
Yes Mark, I have a StepMax on my guitar and I agree with you its a far superior unit than the single acting Strat type system on other guitars. It does what they say and does it well. I do not understand this silly flare up vendetta against the StepMax. Is there anybody making comments about this unit who actually as one to be able to complain about it other than they don't like the way it looks. Seems to me that a lot of people will complain about anything even if they do not know what they are talking about. I do not like the way a Floyd Rose looks, its like a Spider sitting on the end of your guitar but obviously there is a lot of people would disagree and that's OK.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityofBlindingLights View Post
I think it's a bit innovative, but for me the good part ends there.

I don't mind the aesthetics, but honestly, the videos didn't convince me, I'd rather stick to my trusty strat two-points. But seriously, that thing's way to expensive, especially for what they're offering. I'd rather buy a Gotoh Wilkinson, I could buy three for that price.
What you seem to saying is you would sooner have three Fords than one Jaguar?
Old 04-18-2008, 12:48 PM

I believe currently Ford owns Jaguar. I am just saying.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
He said three wilkinsons not three step maxes .
Old 04-18-2008, 01:12 PM
(a)

Reviews: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmusicman View Post

Mark

PS: The resaon I am responding to this forum subject is because I have expierence with a StepMax , does the originator of this thread have a StepMax or has he or she ever used one??
mark
Maybe he got his stepmax for free as long as he did some promo azzkissing for stepmax in forums

Jimmy
Old 04-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Banned

I'm curious as to why the manufacturer chose to *seal* the unit. My first impression is the obvious, to allow for a handrest, and possibly better contain the lubrication within the device without exposing it to dust/etc. Another thought presents itself as possible patent infringement, and using the defense that the device was reverse engineered to disclose such information. Then again, maybe the manufacturer would prefer not to easily allow consumers to determine whether the internal components consist of cheap materials?
Old 04-18-2008, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moebius View Post
Yeah, I don't think anyone is fooled by this.

Yep +1.

These guys show up and just start talking up this new bridge system that nobody else has tried. Fishy!

Last edited by wixomwhat; 04-18-2008 at 03:05 PM..
Old 04-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Banned

So are markmusicman and baxter, Keith Pate and Joe Folmar incognito?
http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...102&RS=7339102

and...what is a reverse tremolo bridge?

I've got to give the guys credit, I bet they went through hell, several resubmissions to acquire that patent.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
3 Ford Gt-500's or 400's

Show/Hide Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Trem Posts LonePhantom Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods 12 05-02-2008 11:52 AM
old RG or new Saber (questions regarding trem) andY.gR Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) 6 12-26-2005 02:16 AM
Locking trem studs on the new trems Drew Comments to Ibanez 20 07-19-2003 04:37 PM
guys, plez help me with my new rg 450 trem lock rainss Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods 9 06-04-2002 07:51 AM
Knife edges/trem posts - JS1000 Idiot Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods 31 05-22-2002 07:05 AM

Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29