Anyone tried the "StepMax" trem ? - Page 6 - Jemsite
<back   Jemsite > Toolbox: Setup, Repairs and Mods > Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 03:28 AM

Re: Anyone tried the "StepMax" trem ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
OK you win I am new at this and I did not realize that this website is purely for Ibanez fans. I will not bother you again I'm done. You have probably killed the chances of the Stepmax selling anymore anyway. The owners will probably blow their brains out. I guess you all put them in their place Hey!
Yup, these posts of yours really make me want one of these things. I have no clue what I'd do with it though, as my guitars all have Edge trems or stoptails.

All press is good press, though, right?
Old 04-22-2008, 11:27 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
Yup, these posts of yours really make me want one of these things. I have no clue what I'd do with it though, as my guitars all have Edge trems or stoptails.

All press is good press, though, right?
I guess you could say that, hope they think so. They only fit on Solid body Fender type bodies without a Floyd cavity, just the single normal Fender Trem. Its nice to have a choice, and a good thing that we have.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt75 View Post
well i been watching this thread for a lil while now and i own a fender with a vintage vibrato and really it dont go out of tune for me i can faff about all day and no i dont have locking tuners or roller nut everythink is stock i dont abuse the trem on it i have my ibanez for doing that also for the price of the stepmax whatnot you can get very well known bands ie gotoh and such if someone wants to have a trem that can go up and down in pitch they either set there trem on strat to do that or get it fitted with a floater as for it holding reasonable tune when a string breaks what i heard on the site advertising it is it still went out of tune also they couldnt even tune there guitars to start with i personally wont be buying one of these trems there too new i aint ever heard of em and there very expensive for soemthink that looks cheeply made no offence to anyoen who has one thats my 2 worth..

ps vai flutters his trem nuff said
I'm going to buy a floater. You guys are to much it must be true I am convinced, down with the StepMax. Up yours!

Old 04-24-2008, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Acid test, does it hold tuning when you bounce the arm off the face of the guitar?

Tremsetters work the same way, kill flutter too, and don't require you to have that fugly thing on your guitar.
Explain the fuglyness, I think and a lot of others apparently do, that's its cool looking. Maybe you are so used to seeing a Floyd your mind is blocking anything else out. Like I have said before opinions are like asses everybody as one. Listen to some Flamingo or classical they are the real guitar players and why the guitar was made in the first place. These modern innovations do not mean diddly squat in the real guitar players hand.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Explain the fuglyness, I think and a lot of others apparently do, that's its cool looking. Maybe you are so used to seeing a Floyd your mind is blocking anything else out. Like I have said before opinions are like asses everybody as one. Listen to some Flamingo or classical they are the real guitar players and why the guitar was made in the first place. These modern innovations do not mean diddly squat in the real guitar players hand.
Do you ever post in any other threads?

And some things are just ugly. The Pinto was an ugly car and it's not because we were too used to the Shelby.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotornut View Post
Do you ever post in any other threads?

And some things are just ugly. The Pinto was an ugly car and it's not because we were too used to the Shelby.
I think Floyds are ugly and and hard to play with I tried to play with a Steve Vai guitar tremolo yesterday it was horrible, especially on the up pull I though I was lifting a 50lb weight. And when I finished playing it was way out of tune, the up pulls did it in. And no I do not normally do this blog stuff I have no interest really. I just though I would join in a moment of madness and try and defend the Stepmax tremolo but I realize now I am weeing against the wind!!.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
You had better sell your strats then, since none of us are "real guitar players".

If you don't work for Stepmax, I'll be very surprised. You join a forum without even looking at what said forum is about to shill a product, anything you say is suspect, IMO.

It's either that, or you're a troll.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:26 PM

reminds me of the tremking

http://www.tremking.com/

another expensive trem replacement that claims to fix all the problems of the traditional trem.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:23 PM

Quote:
I think Floyds are ugly and and hard to play with I tried to play with a Steve Vai guitar tremolo yesterday it was horrible, especially on the up pull I though I was lifting a 50lb weight. And when I finished playing it was way out of tune, the up pulls did it in. And no I do not normally do this blog stuff I have no interest really. I just though I would join in a moment of madness and try and defend the Stepmax tremolo but I realize now I am weeing against the wind!!.
Great job adressing how ugly the stepmax is.

Also, you still haven't assured anyone that it works better than advertised, since the ads show that it doesn't work. The fact that you are here arguing with us makes me want it less and less. It smells like a plant. You're obviously only here to talk about the step max.

And last but not least, you can't argue with people who are happy with their trems. My edge stays in tune just fine. And I am good enough at guitar to not break strings all the time. Maybe you still have trouble with how hard you attack the strings but I don't, so the step max is absolutely unnessicary. I can pull up I'm aparently as strong as the Hulk 'cause it's easy for me. Maybe you shold work out. It isn't hard. I can flutter and do anything I need to.

So tell me why, advertisement man, I should want to buy the most useless, ugly piece of hardware I've ever seen.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Great job adressing how ugly the stepmax is.

Also, you still haven't assured anyone that it works better than advertised, since the ads show that it doesn't work. The fact that you are here arguing with us makes me want it less and less. It smells like a plant. You're obviously only here to talk about the step max.

And last but not least, you can't argue with people who are happy with their trems. My edge stays in tune just fine. And I am good enough at guitar to not break strings all the time. Maybe you still have trouble with how hard you attack the strings but I don't, so the step max is absolutely unnessicary. I can pull up I'm aparently as strong as the Hulk 'cause it's easy for me. Maybe you shold work out. It isn't hard. I can flutter and do anything I need to.

So tell me why, advertisement man, I should want to buy the most useless, ugly piece of hardware I've ever seen.
There you go again talking about something with authority you nothing about. I am 67 yrs old my working out days are over and by the way you should install spell check or take some English courses. You are probably like most youngsters, your brains have not quite moved up from the end of your D---
Old 04-25-2008, 12:56 AM

Quote:
There you go again talking about something with authority you nothing about. I am 67 yrs old my working out days are over and by the way you should install spell check or take some English courses. You are probably like most youngsters, your brains have not quite moved up from the end of your D---
Great way to prove a point. Attack me personally. And I'm the immature one. 67 years old and still calling people names.

Sorry everyone, I spelled "unnecessary," "should," "addressing" and "apparently." Obviously I'm an idot. I guess typos make you an idiot. I can't speak English.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Listen to some Flamingo or classical they are the real guitar players and why the guitar was made in the first place. These modern innovations do not mean diddly squat in the real guitar players hand.

See, I can do it too cool guy.

It's Flamenco not Flamingo. We are talking about guitars not birds.

Why don't you go and take some guitar lessons. Maybe then you can correctly refer to styles and genres.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:27 AM

Hey guys stop the war and let us play and smoke together and feel alright
Old 04-25-2008, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Great way to prove a point. Attack me personally. And I'm the immature one. 67 years old and still calling people names.

Sorry everyone, I spelled "unnecessary," "should," "addressing" and "apparently." Obviously I'm an idot. I guess typos make you an idiot. I can't speak English.
Point taken
Old 04-25-2008, 07:34 AM

Quote:
You had better sell your strats then, since none of us are "real guitar players".

If you don't work for Stepmax, I'll be very surprised. You join a forum without even looking at what said forum is about to shill a product, anything you say is suspect, IMO.

It's either that, or you're a troll.
Point taken

Show/Hide Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Trem Posts LonePhantom Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods 12 05-02-2008 11:52 AM
old RG or new Saber (questions regarding trem) andY.gR Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) 6 12-26-2005 02:16 AM
Locking trem studs on the new trems Drew Comments to Ibanez 20 07-19-2003 04:37 PM
guys, plez help me with my new rg 450 trem lock rainss Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods 9 06-04-2002 07:51 AM
Knife edges/trem posts - JS1000 Idiot Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods 31 05-22-2002 07:05 AM

Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29