Edge & D-Tuna - Jemsite
<back   Jemsite > Toolbox: Setup, Repairs and Mods > Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:09 AM

Edge & D-Tuna

I've got an RG1570 and I'd like to get a D-Tuna. It doesn't fit the Edge Pro tremolo on it, so I'd like to know if either the Floyd Rose or the Original Edge(As I understand it, these are the ones where the D-Tuna fits) would fit in the same cavity.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:07 PM

Re: Edge & D-Tuna

this is not realy an answer rather than an opinion:

First, for D-Tuna to work, you'll need to put your bridge in Dive Bomb only, so you'll lose the "full floating" anyway. You can either use a block of wood, a stock of pennies or a Tremol-no (or something similar)

Second, when this is done, you'll be able to go from E to D either with the fine tuner (you'll have to set it down to E when the fine tuner is almost tight) or unlock the string lock and do it with regular tuner.

When you get the trick and get used to going from E to D and vice-versa, you won't need any device to do it for you. It can be done realy quick:

To drop to D, hit the 4th string (D String) and tune accordingly
To rise to E, hit the 1st (high E) and tune accordingly.

This way, you'll save the dough for the bridge (Even a floyd rose special won't go for under 75$), and for the D-Tuna (around 50$)
Old 11-02-2012, 06:21 PM

Reviews: 12

Re: Edge & D-Tuna

I believe they do fit the Gotoh FR the dtuna thats the bridsge floyd upgrades use for thier custom bridges which you can have the Dtuna also Lonephantom a user here wihta great site has used a gotoh FR with Dtuna, he also has acheap and easy dive only fix...

You may also need to shim the neck and rasie the rbidge so it can sit on the body just above the route otherwise you would need to route for a Channel that the dtuna can rest in...

Another alternative for the termelno or other device is getting one of the extra big kgc brass blocks which would rest against the body, but you would still need to route for the dtuna or raise the bridge/shim the neck accordingly...

Good luck...

Tags
d-tuna , edge , edge pro , floyd rose , rg1570

Show/Hide Posting Rules