Floyd rose intonation - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Floyd rose intonation

Hi fellas! I'm posting in this forum, cause until now the people here were really kind so I hope that I could have some help.
As you can see it is about the intonation of the floyd rose style trem. First of all it is not about an Ibanez trem, my 25 old edge is perfectly intonated and stable. The problem is with the trem of my workhorse guitar which is a Jackson, a japanese one. So i replaced its original trem with another one, which is ok, but recently my D string goes a little flat. I mean the string is tuned but on 7th + frets goes a little lower and playing power chords with the A string on those positions 7 and above, u can hear like if the strings are a little untuned. So i basically tune the D string a liile sharp, and lower the A string just a tad and it does the job. The real problem is that moving tha saddle of the D string does nothing either directions. I know that i have to increase the string's lenght but it doesn't work. So any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 11:19 AM

Reviews: 1
Re: Floyd rose intonation

How much are you moving the saddle? I tHAS to do somthing if you move it around. Are you maybe running out of room to move it in the slot on the saddle? Try the other holes in the baseplate? Just trying to envision what's going on there. Maybe take a nice close pic of the bridge from the top and post it
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2

No, no i have plenty of room, but I'm not moving it a lot or just a tiny bit. About 1 mm, or 1,5 mm. Then I moved it even closer to the neck so it can align with the saddle of the B string. I read that they had to be aligned. And that was supposed to make the string even flatter but its basically the same. Maybe I had to move the saddle a lot more but I got bored and decided to leave it that way. Maybe with the next set of strings will try again.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 01:10 PM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asstaroth View Post
No, no i have plenty of room, but I'm not moving it a lot or just a tiny bit. About 1 mm, or 1,5 mm. Then I moved it even closer to the neck so it can align with the saddle of the B string. I read that they had to be aligned. And that was supposed to make the string even flatter but its basically the same. Maybe I had to move the saddle a lot more but I got bored and decided to leave it that way. Maybe with the next set of strings will try again.
Yeah sometimes you have to move them quite a bit. On some guitars when it it intonated the saddles look like they are all over the place, it's weird sometimes my Les Paul is kinda weird and so is my one Jackson but all my others look pretty much normal as you would expect. Try it again you will probably be fine

Tags
floyd rose , intonation , tremolo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode