<back   Jemsite > Toolbox: Setup, Repairs and Mods > Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods

Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

Old 10-16-2010, 12:24 AM

How would you go about making a replica Jem 77FP floral?

Hi,

I just started investigating this last night. I'd really like to build a replica JEM 77FP floral eventually because I have always wanted one, unfortunately, I can not afford a real one. I noticed that you can but replica Jem bodies and necks from Guitar6 so that is solved but how would you go about replicating the floral design?

Any ideas?

Is there a place that sells parts to make a complete replica of this guitar?

I reckon one of the small changes I would make is to use a real Floyd Rose instead of an Edge tremolo....

Thanks for any relevant links!
Old 10-16-2010, 12:41 AM

Re: How would you go about making a replica Jem 77FP floral?

Actually, pre-1991 the florals were built with the Ibanez Edge tremolo. Afterwards, they were equipped with the LoPro Edge. About the floral pattern, I don't think it's possible to recreate it unless you know the original manufacturer and can have them make another reem. However, I suppose you could find a pattern in a fabric shop that closely resembles it and do the tedious work of stretching it and applying it to your Jem body yourself. That's way out of my skill set though. Good luck and post some photos of your progress.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:47 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Dude--you're in Hong Kong! I'm sure you'll find a few willing factories to crank out a custom Chibanez. All kidding aside, you could look into a custom finish if you buy the parts. The hardest part to get is a decent replica neck. All of the other parts can be found on the Bay, and in our very own classified sections.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:52 AM

Hey AlaskaBat, who would you recommend to get a quality reproduction neck from? I am interested to find out because I will be in the market for one as well.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:55 AM

Found this on **** for the neck but I have no idea if it is good or overpriced....

perleguitars

Its seems the only issue is the floral pattern which is hard to replicate unless I get it hand painted by someone....which might be cool....very post-modern; a replica of a replica of some old curtains....and one of a kind....hmmmm........that actually sounds good...

Does anyone know who does custom paint jobs on guitar bodies?
Old 10-16-2010, 12:55 AM
Banned

The best ones I've seen are the ET Guitar necks. You could also pick up an older RG neck and replace the fretboard with a prerouted vine inlay and inlay set from aiguitars on the Bay.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:58 AM
Banned

For professional refinishing, Google is your friend. Also visit projectguitar.com
Shoot me an email for a DIY painting ebook.
Avianoguitarist@yahoo.com
Old 02-03-2013, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpeli View Post
Found this on **** for the neck but I have no idea if it is good or overpriced....

perleguitars

Its seems the only issue is the floral pattern which is hard to replicate unless I get it hand painted by someone....which might be cool....very post-modern; a replica of a replica of some old curtains....and one of a kind....hmmmm........that actually sounds good...

Does anyone know who does custom paint jobs on guitar bodies?
Pearle necks have nice vine inlays with abalone & pearloid. It' a JCRAFT 1& 5/8ths at the nut. You can mod the long AANJ heel or leave it . It plays well , though I wish it was 1& 3/4" at the nut . And coming from Perth it took a good 3 weeks inthe Australian post! Hard to get replies from them and it may be imagining it but I felt the stereotypical discord towards Americans , Not out n out hatred . Just a feeling (we who saved democracy twice in 2 WW's and on constant vigil since the late 40's.But it's a good neck & priced for the modifications you'll need to make!! I believe $180-200 ? They have a sight and are on (€ba¥) you can also go the cheap route and get the durable stickers or the expensive route and search the abovementioned bid sight! (All this is simply MHO) .

Last edited by VAIHALENSURF; 02-03-2013 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Wrong measurements give'n
Old 02-03-2013, 11:55 AM
(a)

I think he'll have lost interest by now or just made a pair of curtains .

Tags
replica jem floral

Show/Hide Posting Rules