New strat build project - Page 8 - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #106 of 118 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 120
Re: New strat build project

Did some recording with my band yesterday (drums and guitar track). Such an awesome playing guitar. Hope to get the files from the studio shortly so I can get onto laying down the rest of the parts at my home studio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 118 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Hantug Guitars (they did my bridge) have the two other production runs of my bridge available on e-Bay if anyone wants to try them out. One with brass saddles and baseplate with titanium block, one with titanium saddles and block, and brass baseplate. If anyone was interested in checking them out, and have import/MIM 2-1/16" screw spacing on their Strat then these will drop right in.

post #108 of 118 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 06:04 PM

Reviews: 6

The Hantug bridge look great. Do they also make them for USA Strat 2 Point trem? I've been looking at the SuperVee Bladerunner to swap out for my American Stnd. Strat.
post #109 of 118 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

I'm sure they can make something for you. He had made some Hipshot Style ones earlier in the year out of titanium. Contact him through eBay and ask. He may have something already made up.

I read earlier today that the SuperVees aren't quite as nice as they could be, considering the cost of the units.
post #110 of 118 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 02:36 PM

do tell where you got the negative info on the supervee. I was starting to think that their frictionless bending, and compensation for slight neck alignment variations was the 'ultimate' strat design. If you've got negative info, please share

A
post #111 of 118 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

There was a post on Seymour Duncan forum yesterday. It works ok, but the quality, considering the price isn't really up to scratch is what a use said.
post #112 of 118 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 03:08 PM

Reviews: 6

So, which one did you get? The Titanium Saddle and Sustain Block? How is the sustain? I have seen just a Titanium block for $250 alone. For $275, for Titanium Saddle and Sustain Block would be a good deal.
post #113 of 118 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

I've got a brass baseplate, titanium sustain block, brass saddles and titanium saddles coming to me to test. Still waiting for them to arrive in the mail.

It certainly is a great deal.
post #114 of 118 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
There was a post on Seymour Duncan forum yesterday. It works ok, but the quality, considering the price isn't really up to scratch is what a use said.
american manufacturing!!! NOOOOO!!!
post #115 of 118 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, it's a shame if it's the case. I'd still like to check one out.
post #116 of 118 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Picked up the bridge and my YJM loaded pickguard this morning. Bridge is installed now. Only issue is intonating the low E. I think I'll need to cut the saddle spring to adjust it enough as its too sharp right now when checking the intonation at the 12th and 19th frets.

Great bridge though. The brass saddles are in now, and the tone is nice and articulate. Sustain seems pretty good too. Tuning stability isn't too bad so far either. Just need to stretch the springs properly.

Pictures up soon.
post #117 of 118 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

Here's the bridge with the brass saddles in.

Great tone, much fuller than the cheap Wilkinson one, more clarity and just general better tone.

And here's a real rough and basic rhythm demo between the two bridges. I'll try and do the same sample with the Ti saddles in place later. You can hear that the Hantug brass saddles, baseplate and Ti sustain block is much warmer and tonally more complex. I can't wait to try the Ti saddles.
http://www.lonephantom.com/wp-conten...tugBrassTi.mp3

Last edited by LonePhantom; 11-22-2012 at 05:28 AM.
post #118 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Not much happening here, although there's been a bit with the guitar. Just installed the Ti saddles over the weekend. Once again another improvement in the tone. It took up where the brass saddles were, and added another level of clarity to the tone, not quite as warm, but still fantastic. I added another sample with the same simple chords and riff using the Ti saddles. You can here it here: http://www.lonephantom.com/wp-conten...HantugTiTi.mp3

I'll try and finish my write up with a part 5 on my blog. This is one awesome playing axe.

Tags
build , strat , warmoth

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode