OFR Saddles on Ibanez EDGE. Possible? - Jemsite
<back   Jemsite > Toolbox: Setup, Repairs and Mods > Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

Old 09-02-2014, 03:26 AM

OFR Saddles on Ibanez EDGE. Possible?

I have an original Ibanez EDGE Base Plate, Fine Tuners and block. Also, someone close by is selling 6 OFR saddles (set).

Question: Has anyone tried installing OFR saddles on an edge plate? Is that even possible?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks!
Old 09-03-2014, 03:07 PM

Re: OFR Saddles on Ibanez EDGE. Possible?

Hi there, I havent alghtouth I have schaller floyd on one rg, and also original edge on another one, but u should pay attention on one very important thing. edge plate is radiused from factory, so the original edge saddles are the same height instead of OFR saddles that you have three diferent heights between them for Example E,e strings saddles are the smallest, A,B strings sadles are a little bit taller, and D,G strings saddles are the tallest. So instead of edge bridge string radius is formed by the saddles with their different height. So if u manage to mount ofr saddle on on edge plate u shoud get all the saddles same height. Got it?
hope I was helpfull sorry for my grammar, im in hurry :-)
Old 09-05-2014, 06:47 PM

That makes perfect sense. Thanks!

Old 09-06-2014, 03:44 AM

U R welcome, hope I helped. BTW one question that doesnt have much touch with guitars? I see U R from Vancouver. Wich part of VA U live? Im curious cause Im from Serbia (Europe) and I was In Vancouver (Burnaby) in 2008. for about a month, my wife has uncle there. Man those where the most beautufull days of my life. I saw so much exciting things anp places, all from whistler (there were still snow in the middle of july)to the white rock even we were at harisson hot springs, not to mention downtown and the area. Hope that we will at least once agin manage to come to this beautiful place.
Take care, sorry to everyone I was a little bit out of topic. :-)
Old 12-15-2014, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalipur View Post
U R welcome, hope I helped. BTW one question that doesnt have much touch with guitars? I see U R from Vancouver. Wich part of VA U live? Im curious cause Im from Serbia (Europe) and I was In Vancouver (Burnaby) in 2008. for about a month, my wife has uncle there. Man those where the most beautufull days of my life. I saw so much exciting things anp places, all from whistler (there were still snow in the middle of july)to the white rock even we were at harisson hot springs, not to mention downtown and the area. Hope that we will at least once agin manage to come to this beautiful place.
Take care, sorry to everyone I was a little bit out of topic. :-)
It's one of the best cities in the world to live in. And very beautiful as you already know. Do message if you plan to come in!
Old 12-16-2014, 05:37 PM

Reviews: 2

Interesting question as I had one, no derailment intended, bout saddles in a lo pro, but graph tech makes the best accessory/mod upgrades there is, I know hip shots the fan fave but the ghost lubricating saddles would go perfect with lubricatibg tusq XL nut

Thing is, lo pro edge is the best trem so I don't know if it's a mod worth doing, even though the saddles can't be much better, they do offer interesting features

So anyone into graph tech ghosts system? I ask also for OP if he's interested in this too
Old 12-16-2014, 05:40 PM

Reviews: 2

Ps can I visit too, I heard its one of cleanest cosmopolitan cities
in North America and great bud(z) lol?

Tags
floyd rose , ibanez , ibanez edge , ofr

Show/Hide Posting Rules