Pro Line PL2550 String Alignment & Pickup Ring Questions
I just picked up a really sweet Pro Line PL2550 Neck Through guitar from 1986!
Other than the Hello Kitty pink color (Cherry Ice), I really like the guitar.
I have a couple of issues with it though, that are hopefully easy to resolve.
1. The high E string is too close to the edge of the fretboard and any note that I try to play above the 6th fret just falls off the edge of the neck.
- I tried adjusting the position of the locking nut, but that did not help at all.
- The tremolo fits very tightly on the studs, so it cannot move over.
- How can I fix this? Should I loosen the saddles and move them toward the Low E side of the fretboard?
2. Where can I find mounting rings for the pickups that would allow me (with some minor routing) to use different pickups?
- The stock pickups are very weak and I want to use some Hot Rails pups that I have laying around.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.