RG550 Space Invaders Build thread - Page 3 - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,291
Reviews: 98
Re: RG550 Space Invaders Build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
Love it.. Killer.. Thanks man...
You're welcome!

Keep me in the loop on the refinish---I'll help.
AlaskaBat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 02:54 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Seymour, IN
Posts: 319
Reviews: 7
Re: RG550 Space Invaders Build thread

No problem Alaska. I'm not sure what I'm going to do.. I'd love to do a purple.. or something that glows.. LOL
Tim
HoosierDaddy is offline  
post #33 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,291
Reviews: 98
Re: RG550 Space Invaders Build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
No problem Alaska. I'm not sure what I'm going to do.. I'd love to do a purple.. or something that glows.. LOL
Tim
Well--I've got to recommend purple.....lol
AlaskaBat is offline  
post #34 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 03:01 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Seymour, IN
Posts: 319
Reviews: 7
Re: RG550 Space Invaders Build thread

Yeah, I had a Wolfgang in Purple and loved it.. with a maple neck especially.. I'm not sure yet what color. I'm considering that flip flop color used on racecars. I call it ****fly color..LOL. Gibson had it on some LP stuido's for awhile, etc, It changes like 3 colors when in the light. I think Kramer had it back in the day.. Do you know how they do that?
Tim
HoosierDaddy is offline  
post #35 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 03:04 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Seymour, IN
Posts: 319
Reviews: 7
Re: RG550 Space Invaders Build thread

Where does one get the stickers for Fret markers? Can you get anything you like?
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
PICTURE UPDATE!!!!!
Here's a test fit of the body and neck. The neck is completely finished and just awaiting hardware. I still have a few more coats of clear to do for the body. Yes, that Ibanez headstock logo is luminescent blue! I love the way it appears to "glow" when light hits it.

HoosierDaddy is offline  
post #36 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 02:24 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Allen, Tx
Posts: 9
Re: RG550 Space Invaders Build thread

Yep, that logo pops. Great job.
twobit is offline  
post #37 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,291
Reviews: 98
Re: RG550 Space Invaders Build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
Where does one get the stickers for Fret markers? Can you get anything you like?
Tim
Yep--
www.inlaysticker.com

You should the the sequel to this--the PacMan RG.
AlaskaBat is offline  
post #38 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 10:16 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: edison nj 08817
Posts: 612
Re: RG550 Space Invaders Build thread

looking good in purple...cant wait to see the finished product..mr. purple
pink13 is offline  
post #39 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,291
Reviews: 98
Re: RG550 Space Invaders Build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink13 View Post
looking good in purple...cant wait to see the finished product..mr. purple
Unfortunately, Mr Pink--it won't be completely done until we're settled back into the lower 48.
Then, all of the projects can go back on the bench.
Really wanted to finish my PacMan and Herc Fede swirl.

By the way, have you seen Mr. Green around?
AlaskaBat is offline  
post #40 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 01:55 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stockton, CA
Posts: 977
Reviews: 15
Re: RG550 Space Invaders Build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
Unfortunately, Mr Pink--it won't be completely done until we're settled back into the lower 48.
Then, all of the projects can go back on the bench.
Really wanted to finish my PacMan and Herc Fede swirl.

By the way, have you seen Mr. Green around?
He's hanging out with Mr. White.
silverctr is offline  
post #41 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 04:57 AM
 
RGTFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New Lenox, IL-USA
Posts: 10,114
Reviews: 2
Re: RG550 Space Invaders Build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
Unfortunately, Mr Pink--it won't be completely done until we're settled back into the lower 48.
Then, all of the projects can go back on the bench.
Really wanted to finish my PacMan and Herc Fede swirl.

By the way, have you seen Mr. Green around?
Mr. Green was in my pocket earlier, but he musta left?!?!?!?


RGTFanatic is offline  
post #42 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 08:02 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Seymour, IN
Posts: 319
Reviews: 7
Re: RG550 Space Invaders Build thread

Thanks Alaska.

I'm trying to think of what I'll do to that S series which is just plain black. By the way, where did you get a 22 fret Ibanez RG? I've not seen one before I don't thinik? I would think it wouldn't intonate properly if it were designed for a 24 fret neck originally? Just curious.
Oh, and how does the Krylon Triple Glase CLear work?
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
Yep--
www.inlaysticker.com

You should the the sequel to this--the PacMan RG.
HoosierDaddy is offline  
post #43 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,291
Reviews: 98
Re: RG550 Space Invaders Build thread

It is a 550 neck with the last 2 frets cut off.
The Triple Thick goes on like other clear coats--just takes less to do it.
AlaskaBat is offline  
post #44 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 08:54 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Seymour, IN
Posts: 319
Reviews: 7
Re: RG550 Space Invaders Build thread

Hey Alaska.

Doesn't the last two frets being cut off mess up the intonation? I mean I'd think that the length matters? Just wondering. I actually like 22 frets, but I know most like 24. I wish they made a short scale RG! That would be killer. I also like the one with the Single in the neck. Can't remember the model number, but I think it's like a 565 or something. I wish I could find one in good shape..Someday..hehe..

When you moving to TN?

I thought of you tonight. Was watching Alaska State Troopers on TV.. hehe.. The one cop had to shoot a moose that a car hit! Man, it was like hitting a wall I bet. Those things are huge!

Later man. Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it..
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
It is a 550 neck with the last 2 frets cut off.
The Triple Thick goes on like other clear coats--just takes less to do it.
HoosierDaddy is offline  
post #45 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 10:58 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stockton, CA
Posts: 977
Reviews: 15
Re: RG550 Space Invaders Build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
Hey Alaska.

Doesn't the last two frets being cut off mess up the intonation? I mean I'd think that the length matters? Just wondering. I actually like 22 frets, but I know most like 24. I wish they made a short scale RG! That would be killer. I also like the one with the Single in the neck. Can't remember the model number, but I think it's like a 565 or something. I wish I could find one in good shape..Someday..hehe..

When you moving to TN?

I thought of you tonight. Was watching Alaska State Troopers on TV.. hehe.. The one cop had to shoot a moose that a car hit! Man, it was like hitting a wall I bet. Those things are huge!

Later man. Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it..
Tim
Even though the last 2 frets are cut, the overall scale length remains the same, so no intonation problems. Think of it as getting a haircut: you're still the same height regardless of how much/little hair you have on your head.
silverctr is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Space Monkey and the Space Monkeys Kilar Multimedia: Music, Pictures & Sounds 2 05-29-2008 07:24 PM
X2N or Invaders pJchulip Gear and Equipment 16 12-07-2007 08:18 PM
Space Shuttle & Space Station kirk Off-topic / Miscellaneous 28 06-20-2007 11:04 PM
Help on replacing pickups - To F-space or not to F-space? ashlock Archived Topics and Common Questions 10 01-07-2002 06:17 PM
Help on replacing pickups - To F-space or not to F-space? ashlock JEM and Universe Guitars 9 03-12-2001 03:51 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome