Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Setting up Edge Pro angle

Tags
pro edge
4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  rrhea 
#1 ·
Ok, I searched the forums for this answer but got tired of going through the 356 pages of results. :lol:

I have a new Edge Pro on my '04 RG1570 and my question is what is the neutral floating angle of this tremolo?

Is is completely flat and flush with the body, or slightly angled up like the Tech section on this site shows for the Lo-Pro Edge?

Currently I have it slightly angled upwards according to the Tech pics of this site for the Lo-Pro Edge (only because it looked the most similar to my Edge Pro in the photos). The guitar plays fine but the pull up seems to have quite a bit of range. Not enought to break strings, but it's pretty far.

I just want the comfort of knowing that I have it setup the correct way. :)

Thanks for any info!

Ryan

#4 ·
Whew!

I thought my trem felt a little too shallow on the dives... good to know.

I am about to take my nickel/sliver RG1570 in today to have the neck scalloped at the last four frets and the whole neck rounded on the edges.

After that it's new pickups:

Green Evo in bridge
White Blue Velvet in center
Green Hum from Hell in neck

Plus green knobs and switch tip from Rich :wink:

It is going to look great with my green sequined speedos and white tennis shoes! I can't wait!! :D

I'll be sure to post pics when I am done (of the guitar, NOT the speedos... heh heh heh).

Ryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.