<back   Jemsite > Toolbox: Setup, Repairs and Mods > Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods

Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:10 PM

Reviews: 37

Re: Swirler recommendations

i got a neck from perle a month ago and it was perfection.

and he doesnt use aiguitars boards like others.
aiguitar boards from my experience have some issues with being flat and inlays being not centered with the board.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:35 PM
(a)
Vendor
Vendor

Thanks for the positive feedback! And he doesn't use anyone's boards. He CNC's everything himself.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodzo View Post
Thanks for the positive feedback! And he doesn't use anyone's boards. He CNC's everything himself.
andrewsfury

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i got a neck from perle a month ago and it was perfection.

and he doesnt use aiguitars boards like others.
aiguitar boards from my experience have some issues with being flat and inlays being not centered with the board.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:48 PM

LEMME GO AHEAD AND FUEL YOUR GAS OP:

Old 02-25-2013, 11:40 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodzo View Post
Keep in mind every neck made is a custom made neck. So if you want the edges more rounded - request it.

Also - the circles at the corners of the pyramids - that's how the original necks were back in the day. So you have people who want original, and you have others who want no signs of that.

There is the ability for lots of options - you just need to make sure you are specific in what you request.

I am certain that all of us out there doing custom work are always refining the work that we do to improve the quality and meet the needs of the customers. Otherwise we wouldn't stay in business.

So all I suggest - if you are analyzing ANYTHING from someone doing custom work - make sure your analysis is from within the last few months. If your experience is from 6 months ago - it's not really fair to express your opinion on what may have been a fact back then. Be careful of what you say. It can hurt a reputation when it's not deserved.

"The customer is always right" - so I ask - what can we do to make our inlays to the standard of Livewire? Or ET? Or anyone else out there? Necks are personal - so we take everything into consideration. Without your positive feedback - we can't help give you what you want.
I'm saying that the edges weren't rounded AT ALL on the neck I saw a closeup of. That's what you get on a low end guitar, not a Jem or a Prestige Ibanez.

As far as the pyramids, I own an SK and an LNG and the routes do not have circles in the corners. The only routes that are "sloppy" compared with the inlay are 21 and 24. I'm assuming that there was some amount of hand finishing of the routes to get nice sharp corners.

The thing about guitars is that from a playability standpoint, things don't have to be off by much. Close is unfortunately not good enough. I've always said that what people want is something identical to OEM for less money. Or even the same money if you can get them something they couldn't otherwise get. I've always suggested getting your hands on the genuine article and making it exactly like that.

If your product has significantly improved over what we've seen here, then you should be showing off how great it is. That's just how sales works. But if you're not getting the word out that you've improved things, then you can't be upset that people are giving reviews based on what they've seen.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:47 AM
(a)
Vendor
Vendor

All I am doing is making the statement that the process has changed, and the end product has improved based on what we have heard from others. Business is good, and now with the addition of offering paint other than swirls - it's going to get better.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:43 PM

I don't understand if you're building a guitar or just advertising.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:24 PM
(a)
Vendor
Vendor

I'm not doing either. I am commenting on the negative feedback, and progress made and changes made to improve.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:35 AM

Cheers. So you represent a builder? swirler? I don't mean any offence.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:58 AM
(a)
Vendor
Vendor

No offense taken - sorry if my response seemed short...

I am going to be the in-house painter for Perle Guitars. I've got my own company, but will be operating from within his facility. I'll be clearing his swirls and doing my own custom jobs, as well as requests he may get. Soon (VERY SOON) to be doing Neon's, Solids, Pearls, Custom Airbrushing, Holoflash, etc.

Lost my job back in October and am going to try and make a go at this for full time. Was doing it about 2 - 3 years ago and things got too busy at work, so I put it aside.

So while the guys at Perle are super busy - I've been on here for a while and figured I would see what people are saying to try and make any improvements to what we are doing.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:01 AM
(a)
Vendor
Vendor

Happen to look over at an Ibanez I have hanging on my wall - it is older - and realized it had the Shark inlay. So I grabbed it and looked closer.

Look what I found on the IBANEZ branded neck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shark.jpg (405.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-28-2013, 03:27 AM

So, we are talking about swirlers.

Nate Perle just sent me this pictures of my custom Jem Swirl:

Like it?
Old 02-28-2013, 08:58 AM
(a)
Vendor
Vendor

Looks even better in person! Saw it hanging there last night!

Tags
custom, jem, swirl

Show/Hide Posting Rules