<back   Jemsite > Toolbox: Setup, Repairs and Mods > Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods

Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:22 AM

Trem bar does not lock / click inside

Hi people,

Yesterday I decided to rearrange my trem springs before I put my new strings on.
In the process, unfortunately my Edge Pro fell off its cavity and on the floor. I picked it up put it in its place, went about my business of new string placing and stretching and everything was ok.

Everything? No!

When I tried to insert the trem bar, I noticed that I didnt feel the click that locks the bar in the hole. I tried it again... nothing! I pushed harder. Nothing! The bar goes inside the hole as much as it did in the past but no clicking/locking and it is free to move up and down (in / out) at will.

I have to add that the trem fell on wood from couch-height. Not terrible impact...

Anybody knows anything about that?
Thanks in advance
Old 03-20-2008, 09:58 AM
(a)

Reviews: 18

Re: Trem bar does not lock / click inside

There is a little piece of metal often referred to as a "spring" (even though it doesn't look like a spring), and one end of it goes into a hole in the arm socket assembly and allows the arm to "click" when you insert it while the other end is screwed at the bottom of the arm socket assembly. Check the trem arm assembly to see that the spring somehow didn't move out of place when the trem fell.

Jimmy
Old 03-20-2008, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4674 View Post
There is a little piece of metal often referred to as a "spring" (even though it doesn't look like a spring), and one end of it goes into a hole in the arm socket assembly and allows the arm to "click" when you insert it while the other end is screwed at the bottom of the arm socket assembly. Check the trem arm assembly to see that the spring somehow didn't move out of place when the trem fell.

Jimmy
+1 to that...
Yep, it's a "tension" spring rather than a "compression" spring. That would definitely cause the problem you're having.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:57 PM

Thanks guys. I will search for that.

Tags
trem arm, trem springs

Show/Hide Posting Rules