Warmoth neck - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Warmoth neck

Hey guys I was just wondering does anyone one if a a warmoth neck will fit in a charvel neck joint. I found this awesome warmoth neck that I want to mount to this charvel body that I have, but I don't want to buy the neck to find out that it doesn't fit the neck joint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 05:01 PM

Re: Warmoth neck

Charvels have 2 neck joint sizes (2 3/16 or 2 1/4) so you need to measure what neck joint you have, then look at what warmoth provides in heal size.

also check out these guys too > musikraft com, they recreate San Dimas Strat Heads with Thin D shape necks

Last edited by bluealien; 05-21-2008 at 05:07 PM.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 06:54 PM

Warmoth necks are standard Fender 2 3/16" necks, so you need to check your body.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

I was going to get a musikraft neck, but I really don't dig the strat headstock. I really like the look of the pointed charvel headstock.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 03:26 PM

Reviews: 8

Most Charvels are 2-1/4" neck pocket. Warmoths are 2-3/16" unless special orderd.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Yea that is what mine is the 2-1/4 I think. It looks like I might have to get the crap headstock after all.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 02:26 PM

pretty sure it ull fit i got one i love it
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 03:25 PM

why dont you just look on eby, there are always pointy necks for sale their, as I just sold my reverse ponty a few months ago as I love the strat head look on a charvel
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Yea I just noticed that, but how do you you the weird jackson lock nut?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 03:51 PM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIDS View Post
I was going to get a musikraft neck, but I really don't dig the strat headstock. I really like the look of the pointed charvel headstock.
You need to take a closer look at the Warmoth Jackson style headstock because it's not exactly the same as a Jackson. The angle (side-to-side) is off and the area near the low E tuner (on a right handed neck) is rounded off. I was going to get one these neck but compared to my Charvel, it's not exactly the same.

There are plenty of Jackson necks on da 'bay for good prices.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

I think I am just gonna get a charvel neck from ****. They usually have really cheap charvette necks on there. I hope it fits though. I can't remember what the neck pocket size is though. Racerx2k told me when I bought, but I can't remember what he said. I guess I am just gonna have to measure it.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIDS View Post
This blasphemy!

Actually it good news for you because most pointy headstock necks were imports and will drop right into a strat body.

The older San Dimas "stratheads" are the ones with the slightly different neck.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 08:55 PM

Reviews: 8

A Jackson or Charvel pointy should be 2-1/4" and fit your Charvel body. The knock off pointies vary in heel shape but most are 2-3/16" like a MightyMite neck for example.

Tags
lock nut , neck joint , pointy headstock , strat body , warmoth neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode