Ibanez JEM Forum banner
4K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Noodles 
#1 ·
I'm getting the neon yellow rg550 w/a yellow bridge pickup and pink knobs for $250? What year did they make the 550 in neon yellow? Also where can I get a replacement neck plate? The one on the guitar use to black and is now half chrome.

(Edited by Noodles at 12:31 am on Dec. 24, 2000)

#2 ·
Will it fit?

I believe that the 550 came in DY in 87-89. It was later reissued back in 1999.

You can get a new authentic Ibanez neck plate from your local Ibanez dealer, although it would probably make more sense to just buy an All Parts (or some other part supplier) neck plate from your local guitar store.

You can also try to remove the remaining finish from the neck plate, and refinish it yourself using "Rustoleum" spray paints, which are durable, and designed to endure "abuse."

#5 ·
Will it fit?

As long as the Warmoth neck is 25.5" scale, it should fit fine. You will need to let them know it's for an Ibanez.

Ibanez 24 fret necks are basicaly 22 fret necks with extensions for the 23rd and 24th frets. Warmoth doesn't use this extension, but will be able to accomodate you on a special order. Don't look for the headstock to be even close to the Ibanez design. However, I've read on the sit that they can do the profile.

J>

#7 ·
Will it fit?

I got the guitar and I have a few questions. First It has a DiMarzio pickup in the bridge and in the middle and neck are two none stock pickups with no markings. Can anyone tell me what the DiMarzio is? It says DiMarzio, made in U.S.A. and DP-152. Also the strap buttons have been removed and replaced with leather pieces that hold the strap on and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they are so I can get them for my 7620. Thats about all for now I'm still inspecting the guitar. Thanks for any help given.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.