I am writing in to Ibanez to request for lefty models; who's supporting me? - Page 4 - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 189 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 04:54 PM

Re: I am writing in to Ibanez to request for lefty models; who's supporting me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi
Could be a good way to wake Ibanez up .

Regards

André
Rich makes alot of sense. All I know is If I were a lefty guitar player with the same taste in guitars that are right-handed, I'd want those guitars.....I guess If I was a lefty, I'd try real hard to learn how to play right-handed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 189 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Could be a good way to wake Ibanez up .

Regards

André
Off topic, Andre, you have one of the nicest left-handed Ibanez 7-string I have ever seen.
post #48 of 189 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flobanez
Off topic, Andre, you have one of the nicest left-handed Ibanez 7-string I have ever seen.
I'm getting a even nicer one at some point (well Ibanez) UV77MC-L.....

Regards

André
post #49 of 189 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 09:07 PM

Quote:
I'm getting a even nicer one at some point (well Ibanez) UV77MC-L.....

Regards

André
Nice! You will post pics right?
post #50 of 189 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 10:16 PM

I don't think we even have 25 left handed members here. If I had to guess, id say we had about 7-10 lefty members. So unless you have alot of lefty friends, you're outta luck. Unless you were willing to buy the difference and resell them, which im sure no one is willing to do.
post #51 of 189 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koss
I don't think we even have 25 left handed members here. If I had to guess, id say we had about 7-10 lefty members. So unless you have alot of lefty friends, you're outta luck. Unless you were willing to buy the difference and resell them, which im sure no one is willing to do.
Hence my suggested approach of pushing the distributers and large chains of shops rather than placing orders ourselves.

Outright negative comments are not helpful to anyone. If you can see a flaw and some way to improve chances then great, please point it out with a solution, on the other had if all you are doing is "me too"ing the people who have said it can't be done then what is the point?
post #52 of 189 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrocreep
Hence my suggested approach of pushing the distributers and large chains of shops rather than placing orders ourselves.

Outright negative comments are not helpful to anyone. If you can see a flaw and some way to improve chances then great, please point it out with a solution, on the other had if all you are doing is "me too"ing the people who have said it can't be done then what is the point?
Ok well im not "me too"ing anyone. My first reply in this thread was saying you're wasting your time. Im not doing it to be negative. Hell, if they did do a new lefty ibanez, id probably be first in line to buy it if it was decent enough. It's just that someone suggests an idea, and I tell them why I believe it wont work. It's called constructive criticism. If you come up with a plan that I think would work, then i'll back you on it. But so far, I do not see one.

I do admit that with my last post I didn't notice yours suggesting the distributors and I apologise if it seemed arogant. But you need to think about what you're asking...

As an example lets say that these new ibanez guitars that everyone wants are priced at 1k each.( which in reality it could be more or less, but more then likely it would be more) so, 1k a piece, and you want a distributor to order 25 of them? So you are asking a distributor to fork out 25k to buy unpopular guitars (left handed ones that is) because you're pretty sure they will sell good? They would laugh at you, because 1)maybe 5% of most distributors inventory is left handed, 2)It's only one brand (Ibanez) and 3)you can't guarantee anything unless you give them the 25k upfront.

I think that the only chance in hell of getting someone to mass order the lefty guitars, would be someone like Rich, who specializes in the Ibanez guitars, and is well known for being an (unofficial) distributor of ibanez guitars. So if anyone can sell 25 of these guitars, it would be him. But good luck convincing him to do it. I dont personally know if he would or not, but if I was Rich I would look at a couple of factors. Such as How many 1570Ls i've sold, how much profit can be made from them, and wheather or not I have 25k to spend on an investment like this.

Maybe there are ways to do it, such as whoever wants one pays in advance, and the rest get sold to whoever, whenever. I just don't think it's too likely to happen like that and I am just telling you all this because I don't want you to get your hopes up.

Like I said, im not trying to be the bad guy here, but I have just as much right to express the flaws I see in your plans, as much as you have to bring them to the table in the first place.
post #53 of 189 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

hey people,

it's more likely that say, when a distributor orders a model, he doesn't just order it in lefty version, but righty version as well.

and no, i have yet to hear any of the distributors in my country, order 25 units of the exact same model at one go. At the most, I hear is mostly 5; the most daring approach i have see personally is 10 of the exact same unit.

when it comes to electric guitars, it's more common that i see distributor ordering 2 of the exact same model.

therefore, it's feasible if let's say, out of the 50 electric guitars that a distributor have at their showroom, 3 of them are left handed electric guitars provided that they do not put the price tag too high.

This has been the case in the distributors in my country, left handed models get cleared very quickly, if it's a sought after brand and model and the price tag isn't too high (like falling in the range of gibson les pauls or mesa boogie heads).
post #54 of 189 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 11:44 PM

Hi Guys, I'm willie, my first post here and I'm glad that I have found this thread.

I have looked on this websites page on 'Ibanez 7 string guitars' that aren't UV models and I noticed that Ibanez Japan have a lefty RG1527 available, but it's only available in Galaxy Black, now the 1 thing that ticks me off about Ibanez is that they make awesome guitars and some are leftys, but they give us lefties much lesser available options and it is pure discrimination and I don't care how you put it, ALL Ibanez models should be available to ALL guitarist reguardless of being a lefty or righty guitarist.

Now I'm gonna have the nightmare of trying to ask The Ibanez Suppleer in the UK to try and order me a RG1527L (Lefty) from Ibanez Japan all because that Ibanez is too lazy to get off their carcus' to open their eys and see that lefty players do want a 7 string RG or UV and that it is not just in Japan that they want them, it's world wide that lefties wnat a 7 string with a tremolo and that Ibanez can deliver that if they get off their butts and make them.

Now as far as I'm concerned, it's about bloody time that Ibanez stopped being so damn lazy and blatanetly ignorant towards lefty guitarists and offer all US lefties more guitars with more finish choices. and when I say that, I know 2 other lefty players that are looking for a lefty 7 string the same as myself, so there's another 3 lefty guitarist to add to the list of wanting a lefty 7 string, plus I know of another lefty i holland that would very much appreciate being able to get a lefty 7 string, so there's another 4 altogether, OH!.. I almost forgot, I know a right handed guitarist that plays a lefty guitar and he's peeved because he can't find an ibanez lefty 7, so there's another person that wants a lefty 7 string model, How's that for you?

If I seem peeved, you better believe I am, I have went through at least 200-300 hourse of internet searchs trying to get a lefty 7 sting RG and I'm at the point that I would like to walk into Ibanez HQ and speak to the damn management myself asnd ask them to make a lefty 7 string model that is available EVERYWHERE!

Now whatever you guys are willing to do to get correspondence to Ibanez to reuqest a lefty 7 string, count me in and I'll also be submitting the names of the other lefty guitarists I know of that want a 7 string also.

In the Mean time, I'll be calling The Ibanez Distributor for the UK tomorrow to ask if they can possibly order me a RG1527L from Ibanez Japan and if not, then Ibanez are really gonna hear me because I'm sick and tired to the back of my God damn stomch of all the righty favourite BS!

Now I feel better getting that all out of my system

Let me know what you guys have in mind Astrocreep.

Take care everyone and I appologise about the slight venting, but I have had enough of getting the runaround by biased guitar companies and enough is enough, it's time that US lefties were given a fair cut of the cake.

See ya soon guys and peace always
post #55 of 189 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie
it is pure discrimination and I don't care how you put it, ALL Ibanez models should be available to ALL guitarist reguardless of being a lefty or righty guitarist.
Oh my god I don't know how many times I have to say this..

It is not discrimination in any way, shape, or form. ALL ibanez models are availalble to ALL guitarists. Nothing is stopping me from buying a UV from ibanezrules.com except for preference. If I email Rich and ask to place an order, he isn't going to say no to me because im left handed.

It is all choice people.

Yes it's easier for us to play a left handed guitar.

Yes it's what we prefer.

Yes it might seem unfair

But people, it isn't our choice to make. It's like saying that every ibanez guitar should have a maple fretboard option.

Ibanez is not a custom guitar shop.
post #56 of 189 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 01:10 AM

There is certainly nothing wrong with you wanting lots of selection of models of guitars, but put the crack pipe down dude.

Quote:
but they give us lefties much lesser available options and it is pure discrimination and I don't care how you put it, ALL Ibanez models should be available to ALL guitarist reguardless of being a lefty or righty guitarist.
It's not descrimination; it's business. Why would they tie up the production line (as well as do all the reprogramming of the CNC machines, etc.) making left handed guitars of all their models when lefty guitars don't sell in any significant number when they can use that time to make righty guitars that do sell?

Quote:
Now as far as I'm concerned, it's about bloody time that Ibanez stopped being so damn lazy and blatanetly ignorant towards lefty guitarists and offer all US lefties more guitars with more finish choices. and when I say that, I know 2 other lefty players that are looking for a lefty 7 string the same as myself, so there's another 3 lefty guitarist to add to the list of wanting a lefty 7 string, plus I know of another lefty i holland that would very much appreciate being able to get a lefty 7 string, so there's another 4 altogether, OH!.. I almost forgot, I know a right handed guitarist that plays a lefty guitar and he's peeved because he can't find an ibanez lefty 7, so there's another person that wants a lefty 7 string model, How's that for you?
They are not blatantly ignorant at all. They know exactly the number of lefty guitars they sell so they know that there is no reason to make or offer them everywhere or in certain models. Woa! You know maybe 5 guitarists who would like a lefty guitar? Notify the president!

Quote:
it's time that US lefties were given a fair cut of the cake.
The fact that they make a few models of lefty guitars gives you more than a "fair cut of the cake" statistically. And since 7 stringers aren't nearly as popular as 6 stringers, the chance of your options improving any time soon is slim to none, no matter who you write to or complain to.

Besides, think of all the options you'd have if you just switched to right handed.
post #57 of 189 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Hi Guys, I'm willie, my first post here and I'm glad that I have found this thread.

I have looked on this websites page on 'Ibanez 7 string guitars' that aren't UV models and I noticed that Ibanez Japan have a lefty RG1527 available
Don't suppose you could send me a link to the guitar you've found because I can't see it (probably just me being dumb!)
post #58 of 189 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 04:17 AM

No Probs buddy , here ya go http://www.jemsite.com/ibanez/spec_ib7.htm

when you click on the code of the guitar in the list of RG specs, it takes you to Ibanez USA, which doesn't show a pic of the lefty model, so I'm going to go to Ibanez Japan and get an e-mail address for them to contact them directly to ask for a lefty RG 7 string model, that is not just available in Japan, but available for everyone

I'll be asking Adam Groves though if he will be able to help out in some way as he is an Ibanez Distributor for the UK and I don't think that it would hurt if someone from Ibanez were on our side for once, but I can only ask and see what happens untill then

I am almost sure that he mentioned something about it being available next yer in the UK or something, but to be honest, I don't think that any lefty guitarist should have to wait anymore

so when the time is right, We'll need every single lefty guitarist from both this forum, vai.com and any other guitar forums that you know of that are looking for a 7 string, to come over here and join in our efforts to be heard as guitarists and as human beings with a right to have a choice without being given the shallow end of the dream pool.

I would like to hear from you all asap, untill I find out more on this, take good care and peace always everyone

Willie

P.S. Any person that tells me that it's a choice to be a lefty can go and whistle!, I'm left handed because I'm naturally a left handed person, I started playing lefty and that is how I'm going to stay and I don't give a damn who likes it or doesn't like it!

Now, if I were making guitars in a company, I would be giving everyone these choices in any range of guitars, I would offer you a choce of either a Maple, Roewood or Ebony Fretboard, ALL models would come with DiMarzio pick ups and a Floyd Rose or Liscensed Floyd Rose tremolo bridge as standard AND, each model would be available in 6, 7 or 12 string, reguardless of the player being a lefty or righty because EVERYONE should be allowed to have the exact same choices as the next guy, so all this about it being a choice to be a lefty, I'm not buying it, if you are able to switch to a right handed guitar, then fair play to ya, but not everyone can or feels comfortable doing that and so, for lefties who really are lefties, they should still be respected with a few more options than what we have, that's what the main point of this whole thing is

Last edited by Willie; 03-29-2006 at 04:43 AM.
post #59 of 189 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 06:30 AM

[QUOTE=Willie]No Probs buddy , here ya go http://www.jemsite.com/ibanez/spec_ib7.htm
QUOTE]

Can I point out the lefty mentioned above was a 2004 model, but I still appreciate your points!

T
post #60 of 189 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 06:37 AM

Yeah, I already know that, but I have used it as a reference because there is no reason why a lefty 7 RG couldn't be up for grabs from Ibanez

Thank you buddy , I'm also in the vai.com forum as I'm typing this post and I'm working on an idea that I hade earlier, but again, it's gonna take pretty much every lefty that wants more and better equipment available

I guess that you go the PM that I sent you buddy

Take care everyone and peace always

Willie

Tags
air norton , chris woods , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom shop , ebony fretboard , edge zero , electric guitar , fernandes sustainer , fixed bridge , floyd rose , floyd rose trem , floyd rose tremolo , frank zappa , gibson les paul , gibson les pauls , guitar players , guitar playing , guitar shop , hoshino gakki , ibanez guitars , ibanez models , jimi hendrix , left handed guitar , left handed ibanez , les paul , les pauls , maple fret , maple fretboard , mesa boogie , playing guitar , production model , reverse headstock , reversed headstock , steve vai , strat style , strat style guitar , string bridge , string guitars , super strat , tremolo bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode