I am writing in to Ibanez to request for lefty models; who's supporting me? - Page 5 - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 189 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 09:12 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Re: I am writing in to Ibanez to request for lefty models; who's supporting me?

Please do not misuse the word "discrimination".

If you are a lefty guitarist unfortunately Ibanez has proven over history that it does NOT value you as a potential paying customer.

This is akin to a buyer wanting to buy a Ferrari-like vehicle shopping in a Hyundai dealership.

All the emails and posts won't change that fact unfortunately since their leadership is unchanged and unwaivering... glen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 189 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 09:15 AM

Gee...I hope Ibanez doesn't start making shoes or gloves.

My left hand needs to stay warm too...you know.

Nor am I fan of walking around crooked.

C'mon Ibanez help out the lefties.

BTW..I'm right handed
post #63 of 189 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 03:55 PM

I'm sorry Glen, but as a guitarist and a person, I feel like I'm being left out in the cold because Ibanez are too lazy to bother to make a lefty 7 string guitar, there is no reason in this world as to why that can't make a 7 string version of the RG370DX after all, it's available in lefty, but I am still not giving up on this, ALL guitarists have a right to have the same choices of models, including a lefty and it's about time that some guitar companies, (Including Ibanez) started actually listening to customers who are looking to buy their instruments.

Thank you S-man for your post buddy

All I'm saying is Glen that just because We're lefties, isn't an excuse to leave us with a poor selection of instruments, I personally think that if Jimi Hendrix had a lefty RG, he would really show what he could do on the axe, but no, he had to use a stupid ass right handed guitar because Fender never had the idea that someone could ever be left handed at playing the guitar, but the funny thing is, the person that invented the guitar was left handed, so why is it that lefties are out in the cold?.... in fact if it wasn't for a lefty inventing the guitar, you all would not be able to enjoy such a cool instrument as the guitar.

Take care everyone and peace always

Willie
post #64 of 189 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 04:02 PM

They make a lefty 7321 or some such model. If it's not the guitar YOU want then of course, expecting them to please everybody will not get you far.
post #65 of 189 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 04:08 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie
I'm sorry Glen, but as a guitarist and a person, I feel like I'm being left out in the cold because Ibanez are too lazy to bother to make a lefty 7 string guitar, there is no reason in this world as to why that can't make a 7 string version of the RG370DX after all, it's available in lefty, but I am still not giving up on this, ALL guitarists have a right to have the same choices of models, including a lefty and it's about time that some guitar companies, (Including Ibanez) started actually listening to customers who are looking to buy their instruments.

Thank you S-man for your post buddy

All I'm saying is Glen that just because We're lefties, isn't an excuse to leave us with a poor selection of instruments, I personally think that if Jimi Hendrix had a lefty RG, he would really show what he could do on the axe, but no, he had to use a stupid ass right handed guitar because Fender never had the idea that someone could ever be left handed at playing the guitar, but the funny thing is, the person that invented the guitar was left handed, so why is it that lefties are out in the cold?.... in fact if it wasn't for a lefty inventing the guitar, you all would not be able to enjoy such a cool instrument as the guitar.

Take care everyone and peace always

Willie
I'm not stating i would not be annoyed or disappointed if i were in your shoes, I'm just making you aware that Ibanez, by it's actions over a few decades, clearly does not want you to be a paying customer. Make alternate purchasing plans. Good luck... glen
post #66 of 189 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 04:19 PM

Willie, Ibanez is not too "lazy" to build left handed 7 string guitars. The market just isn't there man. what is it, like 10% of the worlds population is left handed? What % of that 10% plays guitar? And what % of that % plays ibanez? And what % of that % of that % plays 7 string guitars? Above all else, it is a business decision. It isn't worth it to have a left handed 7 string in production for them. Ibanez is not building a guitar to your specs.. You are buying a guitar with the specs that they choose. If they choose not to make it a lefty, then so be it. It's their choice.

You'll probably say that it's what the customer wants. More left handed models. That's true. I want it, you want it, and every other lefty on these boards want it. But that still isn't enough to warrant the production of a lefty 7. They have sales records for the 1570L, and the old 7420L. They know how well or unwell the 1570L is doing. And they know how well or unwell the old 7420L did. It's not worth it to them and that's what you have to live with.

Sorry to always be basically be saying the same thing, but I feel my point is not getting through.
post #67 of 189 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 04:23 PM

Here is something I read years ago from this old Canadian teen news type of show called street cents. They have this section called "whats your beef" Where viewers write in stating what pisses them off basically. Someone wrote in about Ibanez and lefty guitars, which pretty much sums up what I've been saying.

Quote:
What’s Your Beef?: Few Leftie Ibanez Guitars
Yannick Rafferty from Hamilton, Ontario is annoyed because Ibanez hardly makes any guitars for lefties. Street Cents checks out why that is, and offers Yannick some suggestions.

Viewer Letter

I have been playing guitar for 4 years. Unfortunately being left-handed means my choices are very limited in what guitars I can purchase.

I realize that the cost of making left-handed guitars is more than right-handed guitars, so they have to charge more. I can live with this.

But the fact that some companies do not even think about making left-handed guitars upsets me greatly.

The Ibanez line of guitars has been one of my favorites since I started playing. But even this great guitar company doesn’t make most of their models left-handed.

I was deeply angered when I found this out because I saved up specifically to buy one of their guitars. I wrote them a letter but unfortunately I never received a reply.

It’s like a tease to walk into a guitar store and to only be able to play one instrument in the entire place. I don’t think this is right at all.

Yannick Rafferty
Hamilton, Ontario

Street Cents Response

Yannick, it sucks, but most companies have a pretty limited selection when it comes to left-handed guitars. Out of the 155 models manufactured by Ibanez, only three are made for lefties. The reason is like you said, cost.

Ibanez told Street Cents it’s just not cost-effective to make a huge selection of left-handed guitars because there aren’t that many people who need them. Making a left-handed model means that all their machines need to be reset and adjusted. This takes time and time means money.
post #68 of 189 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
They make a lefty 7321 or some such model. If it's not the guitar YOU want then of course, expecting them to please everybody will not get you far.
I have checked out Ibanez, UK, USA & Japan and the only lefty 7 string RG that was available was the RG1527L, which was only available in Japan, now, if Ibanez had still kep making this model, I would be more than happy to order it from Ibanez Japan, if that is what it took me to do.

I'm actually contemplating the idea of buying an RG370DXL and having it converted to a 7 string, it might be alot of work, but it'll be worth it

I understand what you're saying Glen and I appreciate what you're saying, I'm just saying though that ther shouldn't be a need to have to find anouther guitar company that is gonna expect me to pay custom shop prices because I will quite simply tell them to go F themselves before I have to pay a stupidly high price because of their standards.

I have very strong morals of NO COMPROMISE, Great musicians like Frank Zappa and Steve Vai have the same convictions and so, because I'm a lefty, I don't see why it should be different and I don't care what anyone says, statistics are nothing but pure BS, I'm not a statistic, I'm a living person with my own thoughts and views, just the same as every other lefty out there that is looking for better choice.

I don't see why Ibanez can't offer something like having a lefty available by order, for example, say if I were looking to buy a Jem555, I would be happy to get a RG7321L, but that it meant having to wait 6 weeks or something for it to be made, I would be more than happy to wait the few extra weeks, so long as I knew that I would be getting a guitar that I'm looking for

I have read that letter Koss and it still doesn't give a good enough reason, Ibanez could offer a lefty model to order and that way they wouldn't have to worry about making more lefty models than they would need, but I would be buying at least 2 or 3 guitars of any lefty model, I'm planning to get 2 RG370DXL's and I'm having them done up

Either way, I would like to see Ibanez offer 1 model of a lefty 7 RG, I'm not asking for every model to be available in lefty, just 1 RG lefty 7 string , is it really too much to ask?... if so, then what the hell is Ibanez doing bothering to make guitars for in the first place?

Take care and peace always everyone

Willie
post #69 of 189 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 04:47 PM

I'm not a lefty but i really dont understand the thinking to not making the same guitars for lefties as they do for righties. I say end the discrimination!
post #70 of 189 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Are you sure about this Rich? If so it'd make me fairly happy!
post #71 of 189 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 06:49 AM

Cool Re: I am writing in to Ibanez to request for lefty models; who's supporting me?

Ok, I know people say that they aren't being listend too, and others say there isn't any point in moaning/complaining/emailing etc... rather than this continuing on and on as usual can we have a little attempt at organising things, making a real concerted push to get something from Ibanez and then if it doesn't work can we stop talking about it for a while, work out what went wrong and then have another organised push in 6 months.

What do people want? If they agree then give me a few days, I'll sort out some ideas and a simple website... it'll then be a case of bringing it to the attention of everyone relevant on the ibanez, jemsite, SS.org etc forums and then taking action to make 7/7/06 the first international LeftyRGSeven day...

But having said that, if the rg7321 is available as Rich says, lets just order some and show them that there is a market!
post #72 of 189 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 08:07 AM

The lefty 7621 isn't available presently. It was discontinued, and the last one on **** went for over $900 bucks. It had an EMG 707 in the bridge, and an air norton in the neck. There never was a lefty 73221 as far as I know. (That's the fixed bridge version right?)

If you want to start a website or something to promote the lefty 7 idea, then post a topic about it at the ibanez forums. That would be your best bet for getting the word out to ibanez. Though there have been 2 threads over there on lefty ibanez's already, and the mods were no where in sight so while they may have a look, they probably won't acknowledge that they did
post #73 of 189 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koss
The lefty 7621 isn't available presently. It was discontinued, and the last one on **** went for over $900 bucks. It had an EMG 707 in the bridge, and an air norton in the neck. There never was a lefty 73221 as far as I know. (That's the fixed bridge version right?)

If you want to start a website or something to promote the lefty 7 idea, then post a topic about it at the ibanez forums. That would be your best bet for getting the word out to ibanez. Though there have been 2 threads over there on lefty ibanez's already, and the mods were no where in sight so while they may have a look, they probably won't acknowledge that they did
Wasn't it the RG7420 that was available as a lefty?

Regards

André
post #74 of 189 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi
Wasn't it the RG7420 that was available as a lefty?

Regards

André

Ah yes, 7420....Too many model numbers

Here is the auction number for the last one that went on e-bay
post #75 of 189 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koss
Ah yes, 7420....Too many model numbers

Here is the auction number for the last one that went on e-bay
Yup to many model numbers and to few lefties .

Regards

André

Tags
air norton , chris woods , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom shop , ebony fretboard , edge zero , electric guitar , fernandes sustainer , fixed bridge , floyd rose , floyd rose trem , floyd rose tremolo , frank zappa , gibson les paul , gibson les pauls , guitar players , guitar playing , guitar shop , hoshino gakki , ibanez guitars , ibanez models , jimi hendrix , left handed guitar , left handed ibanez , les paul , les pauls , maple fret , maple fretboard , mesa boogie , playing guitar , production model , reverse headstock , reversed headstock , steve vai , strat style , strat style guitar , string bridge , string guitars , super strat , tremolo bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode