I am writing in to Ibanez to request for lefty models; who's supporting me? - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 189 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

lefties, I'm writing in to Ibanez to request for 7 string models; who's supporting?

-- to request for 'left handed 7 string electric guitar with tremolo' models--

The best I could do is link this topic in my mail to them, to show on all the people who's supporting this; hopefully to be read and given real consideration by Ibanez themselves. Hopefully, to reissue discontinued models or produce new models.

In saying that, which discontinued models you would like to see again, or you would like a newly produced model?

If the latter, how would the guitar be like? what kind of specs you would like to see, etc etc?

Let's hope and pray real hard to Jesus.

In the meantime, post away!

Last edited by ninelives1980; 10-26-2005 at 01:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 189 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 03:11 PM

Re: I am writing in to Ibanez to request for lefty models; who's supporting me?

I'd be in for either the RG7321 or I guess I could stretch to the RG1527..
post #3 of 189 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 03:33 PM

please Ibanez.......make some nice leftys...with colors other than black.....
post #4 of 189 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 01:48 AM

Let us lefties have access to some of those nice quilted tops and great colors you have offered righties in the past with gold hardware of course .

Regards

André
post #5 of 189 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 02:46 AM

how about a book on "How to play the guitar the RIGHT(handed) way"
post #6 of 189 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette6600
how about a book on "How to play the guitar the RIGHT(handed) way"
Tried it, didn't work .

Regards

André
post #7 of 189 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 04:12 AM

I support you guys
post #8 of 189 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 04:14 AM

It seems a little mean to be leaving the 100,000s of left handed playes from having a good range, after all you only have to mirror the CNC settings hardly brain surgery! I think lefties should be able to order ANY Ibanez left handed for only a SMALL fee, after all your not cripples so why should you be discriminated against if you have the cash and want to choose Ibanez??
post #9 of 189 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 04:31 AM Thread Starter

will be awaiting replies to this thread til' next Thursday; afterwhich I'll be submitting the mail to Ibanez themselves.

thanks for the support people!
post #10 of 189 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarAkuma
It seems a little mean to be leaving the 100,000s of left handed playes from having a good range, after all you only have to mirror the CNC settings hardly brain surgery! I think lefties should be able to order ANY Ibanez left handed for only a SMALL fee, after all your not cripples so why should you be discriminated against if you have the cash and want to choose Ibanez??
My words exactly .

Regards

André
post #11 of 189 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 08:50 AM

As frustrating as it is - being a Lefty - I will say that it is a great moment when you find a really nice guitar. There are plenty of nice Lefty's out there to choose from, but if you are obsessed with a particular model (JEMs for example), then you are up a creek and will have to make your own paddle! I have 4 lefty Ibanez guitars (JEM555, 2 X RG570 and one 1570 Prestige), and I recently bought a 50th aniversary Strat, and a Custom Shop Les Paul. But for the higher end Super Strat style guitars I have turned to Jackson. Everything is available Left Handed! Plus the quality is second to none!
I support the letter to Ibanez for additional consideration to Left Handed players. I support that motion to any guitar manufacturer. Espacially for quality instruments.
post #12 of 189 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

in the meantime,

for lefties who're in support of this and have been waiting and waiting for ages to have an Ibanez 7 string left handed electric guitar with tremolo in your hands, could write in to Ibanez via e-mail or give them a call (for those in the States).

The proposal only grows stronger and only be given real hard consideration if they can see a significant amount of people that would be in this market for 7 string lefty model(s).

Otherwise, it would not be cost-efficient for mass-production.

number of people proposing = the strength of proposal

cheers!
post #13 of 189 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 05:13 PM

I just want Ibanez in the end to us lefties some decent guitars, i.e. the higher end stuff, sig. models, JC's etc. whatever they can do. It just has to be something decent with a bit of color that means NOT black.

Regards

André
post #14 of 189 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 05:49 PM

i agree......ill vomit if i see another black guitar
post #15 of 189 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 06:50 PM

Im afraid you wont get enough support to change ibanez' lefty lines from this board alone. You can count the number of left handred players on this board on two hands (which seems to be up from a month or two ago by some bit) and im afraid that wont be enough to make them even consider a change.

Oh, and yay for lefties

Tags
air norton , chris woods , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom shop , ebony fretboard , edge zero , electric guitar , fernandes sustainer , fixed bridge , floyd rose , floyd rose trem , floyd rose tremolo , frank zappa , gibson les paul , gibson les pauls , guitar players , guitar playing , guitar shop , hoshino gakki , ibanez guitars , ibanez models , jimi hendrix , left handed guitar , left handed ibanez , les paul , les pauls , maple fret , maple fretboard , mesa boogie , playing guitar , production model , reverse headstock , reversed headstock , steve vai , strat style , strat style guitar , string bridge , string guitars , super strat , tremolo bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode