I am writing in to Ibanez to request for lefty models; who's supporting me? - Page 13 - Jemsite
<back   Jemsite > Buy, Sell or Trade > Comments to Ibanez
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:32 AM

Reviews: 2

Re: I am writing in to Ibanez to request for lefty models; who's supporting me?

approx 5-15% of the population, and me
Old 09-22-2010, 02:01 AM

I'm left handed, but play right handed. I have always been bummed for the lefty players. As far as guitar choices go or having to deal with modifications. My dad started me playing so I didn't know any better. But I shoot pool right handed also. Maybe I am ambidextrious.. No way I spelled that right. I am typing this with my right hand as we speak! LOL!!! *Laughing freaking face*!!!
Old 09-24-2010, 01:54 PM

I'm here to support to. I'm also a lefty and it's very hard to find one lefty in a guitar store. Went to SouthPaw, but their prices are to high.

Old 10-30-2010, 05:28 PM

Always support my fellow lefties!

www.leftyguitartrader.com
Old 12-11-2010, 01:11 AM

I now play right handed.

Its less comfortable then left handed. and I'm not as fast.

but i gave up on anyone selling a good lefty guitar at a reasonable price, that wasn't hideous.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:44 PM

Full support here.

The only reason I ended up with an Ibanez Gio lefty in July 2002 is due to a pre-existing dislike of Fender/Squire and how common they were. It was one or the other.

I respect those who made the switch to righty, but after suffering a major finger injury to my pick hand it would be impossible for me to switch.

In my formative years of guitar where I started getting to a level that I could justifiably want better gear, I had much better options in terms of selection (albeit most in black) with Ibanez than in today's market. My RG1550L, the first guitar I purchased on my own, is still a staple of mine to this day. For years it was one of my favorite Ibby guitars until getting a JEM7VWHL a few months ago, and now they're neck and neck.

So I'm completely in favor of adding more Ibanez lefties, but preferably MIJ. Let's add more great guitars to the lefty spectrum.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:18 AM

I am right handed and am learning to play left handed but due to the laughable range and quality available having to use some nasty Chinese piece of ***t!!

Had dreams of being able to buy a 2550 or some other quality RG550 style guitar left handed but all I can find is the shocking 370....it is not rocket science to make a LH guitar these days it is all automated manufacturing what is so hard about reversing the CNC pattern??

I agree we need a proper range of MIJ LH guitars from Ibanez at the SAME price as the RH as it doesn't cost anymore to make them as they already have the tooling....

In the meantime I am stumped as too what to upgrade too as Ibanez are not offering an affordable quality MIJ LH RG
Old 08-29-2015, 03:04 PM

I'm stunned that Ibanez hasn't taken the hint and produced a JEM Jr. in LH. If the goal is to cut down pirated JEM knockoffs, it would help to have a cheap option for lefties available.

It's either a few grand for a 7VWH (bought one, but damn near afraid to play it), a few grand on a custom guitar, a bunch of cash to mod an RG, or a few hundred bucks on a wholesale site to get a piece of trash that vaguely resembles a JEM.

I'd love to grab a JEM Jr officially licensed by Ibanez (even if it's not MIJ) and throw EVO pickups in it ...it may not be the exact same look, feel, tone, or quality, but it could be the "beater" JEM that I'd love to have around. Something to put a Sustainer in without putting the 7VWH at risk, or try mods/jam with friends.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:38 AM

It still seems as though other manufacturers offer a wider range of LH guitars - a tragedy for us Ibanez lovers

Show/Hide Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CARVIN PALOOZA ALL MODELS ALL BUDGETS & Lefty jake8773 Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 0 01-30-2013 01:04 AM
wonder, what's ibanez direct e-mail address?...to request for lefty models!!! ninelives1980 Comments to Ibanez 21 08-10-2010 01:00 AM
when writing material do you become what your writing! vaitamin7v Off-topic / Miscellaneous 1 05-08-2008 10:33 PM
Supporting Black Stone Cherry UK + Europe SuperJemBoy Players, Bands, People, Music & Tours 0 10-02-2007 09:36 AM
Leftyjemsters more lefty Ibanez Rg's to get hold of. - Lefty freewheeler Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) 1 12-02-2001 12:36 PM

Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29