I am writing in to Ibanez to request for lefty models; who's supporting me? - Page 2 - Jemsite
<back   Jemsite > Buy, Sell or Trade > Comments to Ibanez
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

Old 10-28-2005, 01:58 AM

Re: I am writing in to Ibanez to request for lefty models; who's supporting me?

mmmm.......

** how else could we get support? ideas? **

of course the ultimate thing would to publish something like 'support for lefty ibanez 7 string electric guitar model(s)' at yahoo main page but i have no funds. not practical at all. just saying for the heck of it. lol

There are a lot of lefty guitarist around the world actually.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninelives1980
There are a lot of lefty guitarist around the world actually.
Well if you can get everyone of them to guarantee to ibanez that they will buy left handed guitars if they make them, then you could have a shot

I say to just suck it up and live with it. That's what i've done. I've given up on trying to "fight the power" if you will. Ibanez does have a good left handed guitar out, and thats the 1570L, I can't speak for any of the other left handed ibanez' cause I haven't played them. While the 1570L isn't for everyone, and it's only a 6, it's pretty much all Ibanez will give us at this time. If you want a lefty 7, you need to go to another company or make a custom like so much of us have done (me included, and I swear to god if they unveil a left handed 7 string with a trem at winter NAMM, heads will roll...)
Old 10-28-2005, 04:18 AM

I play right handed, but was originally left handed. I switched over about a month into my playing so it wasn't as if I lost years of developed technique, and believe me, my world opened up as far as instruments go.

Old 10-28-2005, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote Soul
I play right handed, but was originally left handed. I switched over about a month into my playing so it wasn't as if I lost years of developed technique, and believe me, my world opened up as far as instruments go.
Yeh but why should you have to compromise because of who you are? Thats blatant discrimination
Old 10-28-2005, 05:42 AM

Acturally it's not discrimination. Any left handed person is capable of playing right handed. It might be harder, but physically we can do it. You need to think of left handed as being an option on a guitar, like pickup configuration, or fretboards.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koss
Acturally it's not discrimination. Any left handed person is capable of playing right handed. It might be harder, but physically we can do it. You need to think of left handed as being an option on a guitar, like pickup configuration, or fretboards.
There are dangers in converting yourself to play right handed. Well, maybe not when it comes to guitar playing but a friens mind forces himself to right with his right hand even though he was a lefty. That pretty much messed up his coordination.

Regards

André
Old 10-28-2005, 06:01 AM

Well, we all know that it has been done, and the vast majority of people, if not all the people who converted to right handed guitar playing, did so without long term problems
Old 10-28-2005, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Well, we all know that it has been done, and the vast majority of people, if not all the people who converted to right handed guitar playing, did so without long term problems

it's kinda difficult to change playing to right handed now....after like 8 years of playing left handed!

ah well......
Old 10-28-2005, 08:05 AM

same here. but that's not the point
Old 10-28-2005, 08:57 AM

Quote:
(me included, and I swear to god if they unveil a left handed 7 string with a trem at winter NAMM, heads will roll...)
That'd be the day .

Regards

André
Old 10-28-2005, 03:34 PM

i am lefty, but played righty, from the very beginning. to be honest, i think righty's should play lefty guitars. 80% of them would probably be better at it.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:23 AM

I think anyone who "gives in" and decides to play right handed is giving in to comercial discrimination, after all who Jimi Hendrix REALLY lpay a right handed guitar if her could have got a lefty to start with?

Rather than accepting this situation we should stand up for our right to be treated as an equal member of the human race not some sort of circus freaks, we are all human beings so why should we be treated so badly??
Old 10-31-2005, 07:56 AM

1. Playing left handed or doing anything left handed is a choice, a preference, we don't have to do it. It's easier to do and blah blah, but there is no physical restrictions stopping me from picking upa right handed guitar and playing that way. When you are being discriminated, it's over things that you cannot control, such as sex or race. I would love to see a lefty guitarist go up to Martin Luther King and say "Hey man, I know how you feel. Im discriminated against because im left handed, and Ibanez won't make me high end guitars. I feel your pain"

2. Jimi Hendrix was right handed, but playing left handed was easier for him, which just goes to show my point about it being preference.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:06 AM

Quote:
1. Playing left handed or doing anything left handed is a choice, a preference, we don't have to do it. It's easier to do and blah blah, but there is no physical restrictions stopping me from picking upa right handed guitar and playing that way. When you are being discriminated, it's over things that you cannot control, such as sex or race. I would love to see a lefty guitarist go up to Martin Luther King and say "Hey man, I know how you feel. Im discriminated against because im left handed, and Ibanez won't make me high end guitars. I feel your pain"

2. Jimi Hendrix was right handed, but playing left handed was easier for him, which just goes to show my point about it being preference.
In my case is not that simple, back when I was little and my mother would give me a fork or a spoon to eat with I would naturally take it with my left hand and eat with it. When I started out in school the teachers thought it was a problem, so the vice-principal suggested that they tie up my left hand in order for me to learn to write in the "right" way. This was something they did back in the mid 1950'ies. My mother then told the vice-principal if they did that he have health problems very suddenly . I have tried to do things with my right hand but it simply doesn't work as well .

Regards

André
Old 10-31-2005, 12:29 PM

It's definately a "choice" but one made on the basis of how the body and brain work... my brain and arms work differently from righties. Thats factual, I didn't choose that. Therefore to "choose" a guitar with the same corresponding orientation as a rightie doesn't seem like I'm making a choice.

Anyway, this isn't the most productive way to go about contacting Ibanez, not whilst having to defend our "choice" to everyone else.

Anyone interested in banding together to push for an RG7321L or similar starting point feel free to send me a message. I've got a couple of ideas for things to include in correspondence to them.

Show/Hide Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CARVIN PALOOZA ALL MODELS ALL BUDGETS & Lefty jake8773 Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 0 01-30-2013 01:04 AM
wonder, what's ibanez direct e-mail address?...to request for lefty models!!! ninelives1980 Comments to Ibanez 21 08-10-2010 01:00 AM
when writing material do you become what your writing! vaitamin7v Off-topic / Miscellaneous 1 05-08-2008 10:33 PM
Supporting Black Stone Cherry UK + Europe SuperJemBoy Players, Bands, People, Music & Tours 0 10-02-2007 09:36 AM
Leftyjemsters more lefty Ibanez Rg's to get hold of. - Lefty freewheeler Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) 1 12-02-2001 12:36 PM

Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29