I am writing in to Ibanez to request for lefty models; who's supporting me? - Page 3 - Jemsite
<back   Jemsite > Buy, Sell or Trade > Comments to Ibanez
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

Old 10-31-2005, 12:33 PM

Re: I am writing in to Ibanez to request for lefty models; who's supporting me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrocreep
It's definately a "choice" but one made on the basis of how the body and brain work... my brain and arms work differently from righties. Thats factual, I didn't choose that. Therefore to "choose" a guitar with the same corresponding orientation as a rightie doesn't seem like I'm making a choice.
Exactly my point .

Regards

André
Old 10-31-2005, 12:39 PM

Take your guitar and flip it. fret the first fret with your index, and pluck the string with your other hand.

There you did it. Can you do it better if the guitar was flipped back over? yes. But the point is, you did it. If I undrstood you correctly, what you are referring to is force of habbit. you do everything the lefty or righty way because that's how your brain works. I agree that that's what happens with me too. Throw me a ball and i'll throw it back with my left hand, but it doesn't mean that I can't throw it with my right hand. Which is my point; no matter how much harder, or uncomfortable it is, you CAN still do it. which makes it not discrimination. Which is what im argueing.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:45 PM

Can we stop arguing please.

I don't think we'd get anywhere pushing a descrimination case so lets stop worrying about wether it is or isn't descrimination, nature, nurture or choice etc.

Lets instead try to productively gather a case for a potential loyal userbase and present it to a manufacturer and hope they see a commercial advantage to exploit.

Old 10-31-2005, 12:49 PM

Go ahead but im sure they already know that we're out there. It's not a completely radical idea, lefty guitars ya know? Im sure they have discussed it many times already. Try to find out how many 1570Ls they have sold. Because they probably look at the sales of their other lefty guitars when considering new ones.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koss
Try to find out how many 1570Ls they have sold.
Great point, any suggestions for how we'd find that out?

T
Old 10-31-2005, 01:00 PM

Only Ibanez would know. Cause as far as I know they don't release annual reports to the public.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:06 PM
(a)

What...is there not enough lefty players out there or something? There has to be. Im sure they've sold quite a few RG 1570Ls...if not then, that's a shame.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:18 PM
(a)
Vendor

Sales of 1570L's are abysmal, like all lefty sales.

Want a RG320QML [or any other single high end L]? Get 25 people together, paid in advance, and it would be ordered. I guarantee, you'll never do it. You will not find 25 people willing to buy 1 specific model in L, and pay for it.

To the rest, I have a preowned 3120TWL in stock.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
We know that already .

Regards

André
Old 10-31-2005, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Want a RG320QML [or any other single high end L]? Get 25 people together, paid in advance, and it would be ordered.
Is that a fact? I thought that was only possible for companies like Chesbro, ****** etc.

Regards

André
Old 10-31-2005, 03:24 PM
(a)
Vendor

Any distributor can order, but they have to have a reason to. Get 25 PAID orders together [not promises, not "i wish i had the money", not I'd order one if they made it, PAID ORDERS!!] and they have a very good reason, they don't turn away guaranteed profit.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Get 25 people together, paid in advance, and it would be ordered. I guarantee, you'll never do it. You will not find 25 people willing to buy 1 specific model in L, and pay for it.

The 3120 is gorgeous, but I'm after a 7!

I assume the order would have to be placed by one person? If what you've said is true (and I see no reason to doubt you!) then I guess that gets in the way of it happening.

Any idea what sort of price would be likely? Standard list price?

Also you said high end - does that mean something as simple and likely to sell reasonably easily as the rg7321 isn't likely to be possible?
Old 10-31-2005, 04:36 PM
(a)
Vendor

It doesn't matter what you're after, because there's no way you'll get another 25 people not only after, but ready to buy with cash in hand. And bottom line, I'd be AMAZED if you could get 5.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:42 PM

Quote:
It doesn't matter what you're after, because there's no way you'll get another 25 people not only after, but ready to buy with cash in hand. And bottom line, I'd be AMAZED if you could get 5.
Fair point, but if it can be done on that sort of scale then it might still be worth getting a bunch of people to all make requests for the same guitar to distributers in their countries.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrocreep
Fair point, but if it can be done on that sort of scale then it might still be worth getting a bunch of people to all make requests for the same guitar to distributers in their countries.
Could be a good way to wake Ibanez up .

Regards

André

Show/Hide Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CARVIN PALOOZA ALL MODELS ALL BUDGETS & Lefty jake8773 Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 0 01-30-2013 01:04 AM
wonder, what's ibanez direct e-mail address?...to request for lefty models!!! ninelives1980 Comments to Ibanez 21 08-10-2010 01:00 AM
when writing material do you become what your writing! vaitamin7v Off-topic / Miscellaneous 1 05-08-2008 10:33 PM
Supporting Black Stone Cherry UK + Europe SuperJemBoy Players, Bands, People, Music & Tours 0 10-02-2007 09:36 AM
Leftyjemsters more lefty Ibanez Rg's to get hold of. - Lefty freewheeler Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) 1 12-02-2001 12:36 PM

Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29