I am writing in to Ibanez to request for lefty models; who's supporting me? - Page 7 - Jemsite
<back   Jemsite > Buy, Sell or Trade > Comments to Ibanez
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

Old 10-27-2006, 05:53 AM

Re: I am writing in to Ibanez to request for lefty models; who's supporting me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koss View Post
It's an '05. And may I say, im disappointed in you for not knowing that...

That's Ibanez-101
YUP .

Regards

André
Old 10-27-2006, 11:43 AM

I've never really cared, there's not enough lefty guitars to go 'ooo I need the 05 model cos after 05 they changed this and this and it sucked.'

I got what was available, hard enough finding a decent production guitar without faffing about with years and stuff.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaming_neon_black View Post
I've never really cared, there's not enough lefty guitars to go 'ooo I need the 05 model cos after 05 they changed this and this and it sucked.'

I got what was available, hard enough finding a decent production guitar without faffing about with years and stuff.
I've gone the custom route because I can only get what I want that way . The next guitars I'm waiting for lefty PRS Custom 24 replica (emerald green) and lefty Green Meanie Charvel with a Fernandes sustainer.

Regards

André

Old 10-27-2006, 07:52 PM

Sounds awesome. I've got my Feline 7-string, and that 7-string Jem body for custom things, although I dunno what I'll do with the Jem yet, too many ideas!
Old 10-28-2006, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaming_neon_black View Post
Sounds awesome. I've got my Feline 7-string, and that 7-string Jem body for custom things, although I dunno what I'll do with the Jem yet, too many ideas!
Cool! Can't wait to see what you will do with them .

Regards

André
Old 10-29-2006, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi View Post
I've gone the custom route because I can only get what I want that way . The next guitars I'm waiting for lefty PRS Custom 24 replica (emerald green) and lefty Green Meanie Charvel with a Fernandes sustainer.

Regards

André
Who's making the PRS replica?
Old 10-29-2006, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Who's making the PRS replica?
Atlas guitars in Thailand. I'm taking the plunge .

Regards

André
Old 12-04-2006, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Acturally it's not discrimination. Any left handed person is capable of playing right handed. It might be harder, but physically we can do it. You need to think of left handed as being an option on a guitar, like pickup configuration, or fretboards.
I know I'm new, but this is the stupidest thing I've ever read. I play the way I play & I shouldn't be forced to learn another way because the powers that be are not willing to put out a run of guitars for lefties. Most other companies at least put out a short run of all the different models.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:16 AM

You're not being forced. You and I both chose to play left handed because it was the easiest way to start off.

Playing left handed isn't a handicap. It isn't something WE are forced to do either. It's all about choices. We choose to play left handed. We choose not to play right handed. I choose to play mainly 7 strings. It goes on.

No unseen force is forcing you to play left handed. Sure, it's 10x more comfortable to play left handed, and we all suck at playing right handed, but we still could hold a guitar right handed and hit a note, right handed.

Which makes it not discriminatory that they don't offer left handed models.

If they made guitars and said that black people couldn't buy them, then that would be discriminatory. Because that isn't something you can control (unless you're MJ)
Old 12-04-2006, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go49rs110 View Post
I know I'm new, but this is the stupidest thing I've ever read. I play the way I play & I shouldn't be forced to learn another way because the powers that be are not willing to put out a run of guitars for lefties. Most other companies at least put out a short run of all the different models.
Well you can get a lefty RG3120 from Rich (ibanezrules.com banner if you like then .

Regards

André
Old 12-04-2006, 02:08 PM

OMG

Can people stop talking about descrimination. Is it? Who cares?

What's relevant is that there is a potential market for a wider range of decent lefty guitars, how large remains to be seen but we certainly can't buy guitars that don't exist.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:14 PM

It isn't. And I care

Anyway, NAMM isn't going to show any left handed 7's, and the 8 wont be available left handed either. As far as 6's go, im not sure. But that isn't really my area of interest. So I guess they aren't listening so far.

If anyone wants a lefty ibanez 7 string, there is one on **** right now, ending in two days I think. And no it isn't mine, but it has the same finish as mine
Old 12-04-2006, 04:44 PM

Quote:
It isn't. And I care

Anyway, NAMM isn't going to show any left handed 7's, and the 8 wont be available left handed either.
Sadly that's so true .

Regards

André
Old 12-04-2006, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi View Post
Sadly that's so true .
*sob*
Old 12-05-2006, 01:57 PM

One word: custom guitar builder.

You'd not only get a better guitar, but be sending money to a real working guy, not some big corporation. Try this guy: http://www.jagneauxguitars.com/CustomGuitars.htm

Show/Hide Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CARVIN PALOOZA ALL MODELS ALL BUDGETS & Lefty jake8773 Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 0 01-30-2013 01:04 AM
wonder, what's ibanez direct e-mail address?...to request for lefty models!!! ninelives1980 Comments to Ibanez 21 08-10-2010 01:00 AM
when writing material do you become what your writing! vaitamin7v Off-topic / Miscellaneous 1 05-08-2008 10:33 PM
Supporting Black Stone Cherry UK + Europe SuperJemBoy Players, Bands, People, Music & Tours 0 10-02-2007 09:36 AM
Leftyjemsters more lefty Ibanez Rg's to get hold of. - Lefty freewheeler Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) 1 12-02-2001 12:36 PM

Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29