Ibanez, if you only read one thread here make it this one !! - Page 2 - Jemsite
<back   Jemsite > Buy, Sell or Trade > Comments to Ibanez
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

Old 09-10-2006, 05:55 PM

Re: Ibanez, if you only read one thread here make it this one !!

More retro colors.
Bring back the real destroyer.
The UV is fine IMHO.
Thanks for making the JEM.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:50 AM
(a)

What about lowering the prices of jems? Just kidding Mr Hosono and welcome! And Ibanez forever!!!
Old 09-13-2006, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2tom View Post
What about lowering the prices of jems?
I think we can agree on that one .

Regards

André

Old 09-14-2006, 10:43 PM
Ibanez V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2tom View Post
What about lowering the prices of jems? Just kidding Mr Hosono and welcome! And Ibanez forever!!!
Guys,that's tough! Really TOUGH!
Old 09-15-2006, 01:36 AM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak Hosono View Post
Just kidding Mr hosono, anyway hi there
Old 09-18-2006, 01:32 PM

More flamboyant, 80's colour schemes, and more maple fretboards with sharktooth inlays. Maybe some coloured swirls? The newer models just seem too dull, and "emo"ish. The old, colourful finishes are what I like about Ibanez, not this black paint/rosewood fretboard nonsense. And try experimenting in the higher end too, I know that I, and alot of people here would definately buy some of these suggestions, IF they were applied to higher end models.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:31 AM
(a)

Can I make a request Mr hosono, how bout changing those ILT1 in a jem 333 to something better like the edge3, the jem 333 is still a signature guitar
Old 09-19-2006, 10:22 AM
(a)

To be honest, and I may be in the minority here, but I haven't really liked any Jems since the 10th Anni. I am only talking about looks here as I haven't played one. Heard good things about the Breeds, but the looks have done nothing for me. I have seen an occasional DNA that I liked, but I didn't really care for most of them. I hope that's not too blasphemous.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:58 AM

You should be locked in stocks and pelted with rancid fruit until you see the error of your ways
Old 09-20-2006, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilk420 View Post
To be honest, and I may be in the minority here, but I haven't really liked any Jems since the 10th Anni. I am only talking about looks here as I haven't played one. Heard good things about the Breeds, but the looks have done nothing for me. I have seen an occasional DNA that I liked, but I didn't really care for most of them. I hope that's not too blasphemous.
You don't like the JEM7BRMR? That's weird...
Old 09-20-2006, 08:43 AM
(a)

I like that one with the chrome vine but the dots didn't do it for me. I guess I just got spoiled by the 80's and 90's models.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:14 PM

It's true. Why is Ibanez too proud to produce RGA7's, or J.Custom guitars to the US? Or a custom shop open to the public? At this point i'm thinking of selling all my guitars (about 8, but not the rg7ct), and just buying a custom shop jackson or esp. It's sickening, because i love ibby necks. Oh well, whadda ya gunna do?
Old 09-22-2006, 12:13 PM

Im also left a bit "meh" about Jem options since the 10th. Honestly other than the anniversary/commemorative models I havent really been too excited since the VWHs became super common. The days of florals, neon colors, high contrast color/hardware - thats the mojo for me.

BRMR almost did it for me if they would have pimped up the inlays and PU colors a bit.

**Crossing fingers for next years stuff**
Old 09-22-2006, 09:23 PM

I hate to be lone voice of dissent here, but i would never, never buy a neon or bright red guitar (with the exception of the candy apple). I had to get rid of the gold hardware on my 7VWH after a few months. It was just too garish for me. And as for shark tooth inlays; wouldn't go anywhere near a guitar dressed like that. Just too Dave Mustaine for me.

I would like to see some more interesting range of colour schemes (see above for limitations) and a better choice of 7's though. Blue and Black have never been the most inspiring colours on anything. Let alone a guitar.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak Hosono View Post
Come on you can do it .

Regards

André

Tags
air norton , alex skolnick , allen wrench , basswood body , candy apple red , chrome vine , custom exotic wood , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom ibanez , custom shop , custom shop guitar , dave mustaine , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dimarzio pups , dimarzio super distortion , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tone zone , dot inlay , dot inlays , duncan pickups , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , edge bridge , edge intonation tool , edge pro trem , edge pro tremolo , edge trem , edge trems , equipped guitar , fixed bridge , flamed maple , floyd rose , fret inlay , fret neck , gotoh tuners , guitar tech , heel neck , hoshino gakki , hoshino usa , ibanez catalog , ibanez custom shop , ibanez edge trem , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez neck , ibanez necks , ibanez pickups , ibanez trem , intonation tool , jack socket , jeff beck , jim donahue , joe satriani , lock nut , locking nut , locking nuts , locking stud , locking studs , locking tremolo , mahogany body , maple fingerboard , maple fingerboards , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , maple necks , neck joint , neck pockets , neck tenon , neck thru , offset dot inlays , paf pro , paul gilbert , pickup selector switch , piezo bridge , prestige guitar , prestige guitars , pro edge , pro edge bridge , pro tremolo , production model , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , reversed headstock , road flare red , rosewood fingerboard , rosewood fretboard , rusty cooley , rusty cooley dean , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pickups , shark tooth inlays , sharkfin inlays , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , shawn lane , signature guitar , sperzel tuners , string guitars , string tension , sunburst finish , super distortion , swamp ash , toggle switch , tone zone , tremolo bridge , tremolo system , tube amp , usa custom exotic wood , usa custom shop

Show/Hide Posting Rules