<back   Jemsite > Buy, Sell or Trade > Comments to Ibanez

Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:19 PM

Re: Ibanez, if you only read one thread here make it this one !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
Why not make a 24-fret model for the ART series? Don't change the line up completely, but just one model with 24-frets, that would be pretty nice.
Well, it appears ARZ series is exactly what you wanted ;p

From me - Very, very thanks to Mr. Hosono for his time and concern.
I'd also like LACS open to public again, but as it is dead topic, I won't go in it anymore.

For me Ibanez guitars are something more, especially something more that time-frozen Gibson stuff. I have ART now, it's my second guitar, and maybe not as good as I would want it, but I still love it. My next guitar will certainly be from Ibanez too
Old 02-12-2011, 10:36 PM

Reviews: 2

You know.. I REALLY want, and i mean REALLLLLY want an ibanez rg7321, but i want it in white, and im sick of flipping through pages and seeing, RG7321- black finish, RGA7- Black, they make other guitars in white, why not this one? We as the customers deserve the right to tell the company what we want.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:09 PM

Reviews: 11

how about a japanese 7 string with a fixed bridge and multiple color options? maybe even pickup options (i may not want EMG's in an rg7 but someone might. even just a route with those pickups in the RGA7)
Old 04-12-2011, 06:42 PM

Ibanez is definitely lacking in Ebony finger boards, reverse head stocks and even maple finger boards and birdseye or flame maple boards.

I don't like rosewood at all - looks and feels like dirt.

Gimme more models with HS pickup configs too - hum in the bridge and single in the neck position like 565s and the 465Ms

Would also love a new White reverse HS PGM 305 or whatever with the 2 singles - like Pauls recent choice.

Thanks
Old 04-16-2011, 11:52 PM

Reviews: 8

What I'd love to see is a reissue of the set neck iceman with violin-burst finish, binding, flying fingers pickups, mahogany body......the early 80's ones.

That would be awesome!!
Old 09-09-2011, 10:04 PM

One thing, i think anyone on this site would agree with is relocating the output jack on the Rg lineup to the Jem location. The cable sometimes just slips out. I just think it would be more practical and would add some more flair to the Rg's. Though only the Prestige lineup and maybe the Premium. The standard line schould stay like it is. If not, I can understand that you want the jack to stay "special" for the Jems and JCs.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:09 AM
(a)

Reviews: 2

I'd like to see ANY guitars that make the exec's at both Ibanez AND Fujigen proud of the lineup for once........ instead of the same old "well, it better than last year, right......right?"

Old 01-14-2012, 05:28 AM

WOW!! I've seen two pages of this thread and I'm loving so many posts already!!

Hey Ibanez!!!! Do you care that most people HATE your new product choices!! The only reason you sell them is because of LOYALTY! OK, yes the RG series are wonderful guitars...but very boring in design.

You have the ability to OWN the market...WHY DON"T YOU??

For instance...REVERSE HEADSTOCKS!!! EBONY FRETBOARDS...AND 540PIII in BRIGHT COLORS!!!!

You could also try USING YOUR IMAGINATION! AND...ENOUGH with the OLD signature models..I mean...who the hell is Munky now?? KORN sux!!

MOVE ON!! Reclaim the throne!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:52 AM

Reviews: 15

I might be the only one, but I want the SZ back with an Edge trem instead of the gibraltar bridge. And with more "aggressive" inlays unlike the flaming squid on my SZ720.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:50 AM

well I think ibanez have nice guitars ,..I love the steve vai gem for there designs ,..it would be nice to have more high end rgs with way cool designs that arnt linked to some great player like vai or who ever as there are players out there that want to make a guitar there own rather than to have a great player in there face every time they play there guitar

Cheers Tommy D

PS ,..in short more RGs with way cool designs ,,.Ibanez do lack this unless your,.. steve vai,..
Old 07-01-2012, 11:34 PM
psychoshredder  is online

Hi Ibanez exe, do you really never wanted to make a super wizard rosewood neck RG?
yeah I mean the neck, not the fingerboard....( kinda bored with maple neck).
If that just never happened, I'm going to built one...
Old 07-12-2012, 06:49 AM

It would be cool if they brought back the 27" scale 7 strings or start a new rg 7 string series with larger necks. Also the lack of color variety on 7 strings should be covered as stated before.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:01 PM

Reviews: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
If anything Ibanez; Just more colours!
This really is the perpetual problem with Ibanez, especially in the RG Prestige range. The S series is looking pretty great lately, but the RGs need help.

For the longest time in the 1990s and 2000s, all you could get was black, grey, dark grey, dark blue, or dark red. The darkest days were the years when everything was Grey Nickel and Vampire Kiss.

Now, the options are often one garish color or black. A few examples pulled from Ibanez.com

* Want an RG1570 (the most iconic Ibanez guitar, IMHO)? You can have one color: black.
* Want an RG3520 (the old RG550)? Nuclear orange or yellow. Want a normal color? Too bad.
* Want an RG3550 (the new upscale version of the old RG550?) Two options: black or white.
* Want an 8-string RG? Two options: black or metallic black.

It seems as if the cheaper, lower-quality premium models get all the good colors while the Prestige line (which should be a point of pride for a Japanese company) are bargain basement finishes.

Over and over again, Ibanez produces amazing guitars in two color palettes: boring and dark OR embarassing and gaudy.

I'm asking for more variety and more range than simply black or neon yellow. Bring back Jewel Blue, Emerald Green, Light Purple Metallic, Purple Neon, Mirage Blue, Sour Apple Sparkle, Five Alarm Red, Cosmic Blue, and Grape Ice (which was looked great, but was available on crappy RG470s).

Last edited by jem7vwh; 07-22-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:45 PM

Would be great if Ibanez made again a special run of the the RG3120TWL (which is my main guitar) for us lefties or even better J-custom run of a limited leftyserie. Tonewood Korina or mahogany with a nice thick classy mapletop and superwizardneck (17mm 1st fret, 19 mm 12th fret and the 56 mm Wide) with a paoferro Fretboard with nice birdseyemapleneck, loproedge or edge trem and nice Lundgren, Dimarzio pickups.
Also introduce again the Ibanez V body model again (Randy Rhoades, Alex Laiho style) and please pick another color than black.
Thanks Ibanez rocks
Old 12-14-2012, 12:57 PM

I would love to see the Radius series come back, but I don't think that is going to happen with the JS Line. Too many of the current models have the Wizard profile necks which are too wide and thin for my hands. My only real option is the JS, but I can't afford it. I know the JS100 is a cheaper option, but I'd like to see more options. Oh and please offer the JS in that cool blue I've seen Joe using with Chickenfoot.....beautiful color.

Tags
air norton, alex skolnick, allen wrench, basswood body, candy apple red, chrome vine, custom exotic wood, custom guitar, custom guitars, custom ibanez, custom shop, custom shop guitar, dave mustaine, dimarzio pickup, dimarzio pickups, dimarzio pups, dimarzio super distortion, dimarzio tone, dimarzio tone zone, dot inlay, dot inlays, duncan pickups, ebony fingerboard, ebony fretboard, ebony fretboards, edge bridge, edge intonation tool, edge pro trem, edge pro tremolo, edge trem, edge trems, equipped guitar, fixed bridge, flamed maple, floyd rose, fret inlay, fret neck, gotoh tuners, guitar tech, heel neck, hoshino gakki, hoshino usa, ibanez catalog, ibanez custom shop, ibanez edge trem, ibanez guitars, ibanez jem, ibanez neck, ibanez necks, ibanez pickups, ibanez trem, intonation tool, jack socket, jeff beck, jim donahue, joe satriani, lock nut, locking nut, locking nuts, locking stud, locking studs, locking tremolo, mahogany body, maple fingerboard, maple fingerboards, maple fret, maple fretboard, maple neck, maple necks, neck joint, neck pockets, neck tenon, neck thru, offset dot inlays, paf pro, paul gilbert, pickup selector switch, piezo bridge, prestige guitar, prestige guitars, pro edge, pro edge bridge, pro tremolo, production model, reverse headstock, reverse headstocks, reversed headstock, road flare red, rosewood fingerboard, rosewood fretboard, rusty cooley, rusty cooley dean, seymour duncan, seymour duncan pickups, shark tooth inlays, sharkfin inlays, sharktooth inlay, sharktooth inlays, shawn lane, signature guitar, sperzel tuners, string guitars, string tension, sunburst finish, super distortion, swamp ash, toggle switch, tone zone, tremolo bridge, tremolo system, tube amp, usa custom exotic wood, usa custom shop

Show/Hide Posting Rules