Ibanez, if you only read one thread here make it this one !! - Page 6 - Jemsite
<back   Jemsite > Buy, Sell or Trade > Comments to Ibanez
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

Old 10-11-2006, 06:36 PM

Re: Ibanez, if you only read one thread here make it this one !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanut View Post
Mr Hosano.

Why doesnt Ibanez open up the USA custom shop to the public. That way you can make the lower quality entry level guitars and the whiners can fork over the money to have what they want made. Almost all other guitar makers have USA custom shop option.

As far as the entry level stuff be all that, well if it was people wouldnt be contemplating switching there loyalties to say ESPee,Jackson or even Kramer since they now make reissues of legendary USA guitars. Not being a smart butt here, just making a point that may help Ibanez understand there customers. I myself would choose a custom shop Ibanez over jackson but its not an option. A nice neon pink RG maple board reverse headstock shark fin inlays mahogany bodied with EMGs.
He already answered that question. And your guitar idea would be hideous.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:33 AM

* PLEASE, STOP ASKING Mr.HOSONO ABOUT A CUSTOM SHOP FOR THE PUBLIC, THE ANSWER IS AND ALWAYS BE NO!. WE WANT TO AVOID Mr.HOSONO GETTING BORED OF THIS FORUM *

(and it's Hosono, not Hosano!)
Old 10-12-2006, 02:37 AM
(a)
Vendor

Actually, it does come up at Hoshino meetings and there was recently, after much work, another failed attempt to get a custom shop opened/expanded for public orders. But, failed is the key word here.

Old 10-12-2006, 05:16 AM

Here is hoping:

Mr. Hosono,

Is there a chance Ibanez will install locking studs on Edge Pro equipped guitars from the factory, like with older models featuring the Lo Pro/Edge trems? I believe this has been thoroughly requested already, but I am not aware of a response from Ibanez on the subject.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timi_h View Post
whoah!!! now THAT is awesome!! mr hosono you are a legend!!
+1

Regards

André
Old 10-12-2006, 01:28 PM

Hi Mr. Hosono

I have had my 2000 RG3120TW for some years (fantastic instrument) and I have had some other guitars as well between now and then. Now I&#180;m looking to get some more Ibanez' and the other day I was in my local shop and try out several RG's prestige and one JS1200. I&#180;m sorry to say that I was quite dissapointed with the feel/quality.

So I started to look for some J-customs instead, but the more I looked the more it became clear, that I really can&#180;t find an Ibanez that I really want ;o( and I relly want Ibanez'

Are you considering to make some J-CUSTOMS like this:

RG six string with bolt on neck
Selected mahogany for the body
Selected super high quality maple top with multi AAAAAAAAAA flame (not that skinny stuff, but great looking flames)
Superb Prestige maple neck with ebony and small off center dots (no vine stuff, tree of life etc.) 6105 frets.
Matching headstock also with beautiful flame
Sperzel tuners
HH = Air Norton / Tone Zone
Edge pro trem with locking nuts
Chrome fittings
Color suggestions - purple, black, vintage violin
A similar run with quilt could probably sell good too ;o)

Examples:

Flame - http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25.../rg8527_04.jpg

Flame - http://222.231.29.153/~tone21/produc...23214833_l.jpg

Flame - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...no/RG8670I.jpg

Quilt - http://jcustom.web.fc2.com/mrg-1.htm

Just waiting for some beautiful and perfect instruments from Ibanez and ready to buy ;o))))) I&#180;l take the first two J-CUSTOMS in a heartbeat - One like the 2003 MRG1 with crome and one with purple flame ;o)

Last edited by MrJacko03; 10-13-2006 at 01:08 PM..
Old 10-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Ibanez V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Actually, it does come up at Hoshino meetings and there was recently, after much work, another failed attempt to get a custom shop opened/expanded for public orders. But, failed is the key word here.
Wow!!!! Really? I must be in deep coma or something during the last Hoshino Japan meetings!
Old 10-12-2006, 08:26 PM
(a)
Vendor

HUSA, apparently they were trying to put a package together that Japan would approve but it didn't work out, this time. This was like a year ago though, time flies when you're up to your eyeballs in work
Old 10-13-2006, 12:46 PM

Quote:
HUSA, apparently they were trying to put a package together that Japan would approve but it didn't work out, this time. This was like a year ago though, time flies when you're up to your eyeballs in work
Ah crud!!!

Regards

André
Old 10-13-2006, 12:47 PM
Ibanez V.I.P.

Quote:
Dear Sir, I'm in charge of Ibanez Custom Shop since 1997,I was also involved in Ibanez US production since 1990 (USA Custom,USA Masters,Starfield)
If HUSA or Hoshino Gakki ever plan something to do with LACS,I'm the first guy to be informed.I never heard of this "HUSA Custom Shop package plan" as you claimed.What are you talking about?
Old 10-13-2006, 01:09 PM

Mr Hosono,

My thread above works with pics now.....in case you could have a little interest in this, while your discussing HUSA, LACS etc.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:41 PM
(a)
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak Hosono View Post
Dear Sir, I'm in charge of Ibanez Custom Shop since 1997,I was also involved in Ibanez US production since 1990 (USA Custom,USA Masters,Starfield)
If HUSA or Hoshino Gakki ever plan something to do with LACS,I'm the first guy to be informed.I never heard of this "HUSA Custom Shop package plan" as you claimed.What are you talking about?
Just relaying what I was told, that's all.

I've seen you at NAMM, I know exactly who you are

I thought there was nobody left from the H&S era? [or was told that anyway]. Have any idea where the H&S records are??
Old 10-13-2006, 08:32 PM
Ibanez V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planeflux View Post
Here is hoping:

Mr. Hosono,

Is there a chance Ibanez will install locking studs on Edge Pro equipped guitars from the factory, like with older models featuring the Lo Pro/Edge trems? I believe this has been thoroughly requested already, but I am not aware of a response from Ibanez on the subject.
Dear Sir, I've asked exactly the very same question to Hoshino Gakki engineer and he told me two reasons.
#1 Not very many people use the stud locking system. (just like our Custom shop guys do! we don't use them very much)
#2 Some people break off the studs heads because they forgot about locking screws are holding the studs.
Best Regards,
Old 10-13-2006, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Some people break off the studs heads because they forgot about locking screws are holding the studs.
Best Regards,
even though i prefer the locking studs i think this is a good reason not to put them stock on instruments for all the novices that probably break them

i'm embarrassed to say i broke one about 3 months ago (let that be a lesson not to restring guitars when stoned)
Old 10-13-2006, 08:45 PM
(a)
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Dear Sir, I've asked exactly the very same question to Hoshino Gakki engineer and he told me two reasons.
#1 Not very many people use the stud locking system. (just like our Custom shop guys do! we don't use them very much)
#2 Some people break off the studs heads because they forgot about locking screws are holding the studs.
Best Regards,
Tak, with respect to the "engineer" can you please rethink this ASAP. That answer does not address your customers nor the vast majority of enthusiasts such as the forum members here.

It is a critical omission and one that has brought alot of negative press and attention to Ibanez. Endorsed artists have guitar techs and paid staff to worry about the little things. You can always "not use them" by not locking them and choice is good.

Regarding #2 you can have a simple hang tag attached to the studs... with a picture and explaination to use the WRENCH to loosen the stud. few pennies per axe. i'm sure the people here could design a simple card within hours. Thanks... glen

Tags
air norton , alex skolnick , allen wrench , basswood body , candy apple red , chrome vine , custom exotic wood , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom ibanez , custom shop , custom shop guitar , dave mustaine , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dimarzio pups , dimarzio super distortion , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tone zone , dot inlay , dot inlays , duncan pickups , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , edge bridge , edge intonation tool , edge pro trem , edge pro tremolo , edge trem , edge trems , equipped guitar , fixed bridge , flamed maple , floyd rose , fret inlay , fret neck , gotoh tuners , guitar tech , heel neck , hoshino gakki , hoshino usa , ibanez catalog , ibanez custom shop , ibanez edge trem , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez neck , ibanez necks , ibanez pickups , ibanez trem , intonation tool , jack socket , jeff beck , jim donahue , joe satriani , lock nut , locking nut , locking nuts , locking stud , locking studs , locking tremolo , mahogany body , maple fingerboard , maple fingerboards , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , maple necks , neck joint , neck pockets , neck tenon , neck thru , offset dot inlays , paf pro , paul gilbert , pickup selector switch , piezo bridge , prestige guitar , prestige guitars , pro edge , pro edge bridge , pro tremolo , production model , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , reversed headstock , road flare red , rosewood fingerboard , rosewood fretboard , rusty cooley , rusty cooley dean , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pickups , shark tooth inlays , sharkfin inlays , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , shawn lane , signature guitar , sperzel tuners , string guitars , string tension , sunburst finish , super distortion , swamp ash , toggle switch , tone zone , tremolo bridge , tremolo system , tube amp , usa custom exotic wood , usa custom shop

Show/Hide Posting Rules