Ibanez, if you only read one thread here make it this one !! - Page 22 - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #316 of 323 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 11:16 AM

Re: Ibanez, if you only read one thread here make it this one !!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #317 of 323 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 11:17 AM

my first axe ^_^
post #318 of 323 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 03:44 PM

Reviews: 6

Hello Ibanez executives,

Now if we can leave the saucer of cocaine be and dismiss the hookers for a few minutes I've got an idea, actually 2.

Every time a player buys a guitar the first thing they do is swap out the pickups, sometimes there are complete idiots like me who like to mess with everything and pop in push pulls that either switch polarity or phase etc.,

Now here's an idea that has caught on in nearly every other field of electronics and made life so much easier for the tinkerer. Phoenix connectors mounted inside the cavities to connect up pickups, switches, jacks etc., It would even make it possible if there were a couple spare for guys to throw a little LED circuit linked to a battery. Think about it, no one else in the guitar industry is doing it to my knowledge. It would also have the added bonus of making production at the factory end more efficient. OK you can feed your noses again and let the "ladies" back in.
post #319 of 323 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 07:21 AM

Isn't that similar to what EMG have done? If pickup manufacturers don't embrace it the technology will be dead before its first birthday, maybe you should petition makers first?

Don't forget Ibanez invented the first moveable pickup so there not afraid to experiment!
post #320 of 323 (permalink) Old 12-14-2014, 12:01 AM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laobi View Post
Hello Ibanez executives,

Now if we can leave the saucer of cocaine be and dismiss the hookers for a few minutes I've got an idea, actually 2.

Every time a player buys a guitar the first thing they do is swap out the pickups, sometimes there are complete idiots like me who like to mess with everything and pop in push pulls that either switch polarity or phase etc.,

Now here's an idea that has caught on in nearly every other field of electronics and made life so much easier for the tinkerer. Phoenix connectors mounted inside the cavities to connect up pickups, switches, jacks etc., It would even make it possible if there were a couple spare for guys to throw a little LED circuit linked to a battery. Think about it, no one else in the guitar industry is doing it to my knowledge. It would also have the added bonus of making production at the factory end more efficient. OK you can feed your noses again and let the "ladies" back in.
I like the way this guy thinks^
post #321 of 323 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 07:20 AM

that would raise the production cost by good percentage...nobody wants that...
post #322 of 323 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 12:20 AM

Dear Ibanez,

Please put a square heel on the next Fujigen UV.... also rear routing would be good too...
post #323 of 323 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 05:57 PM

After reading MANY GOOD, VALID POINTS from a lot of die-hard Ibanez fans here, they are all spot-on. I for one, have this to add:

While I love the idea and thought of re-releasing the older UV models, and have finally come up with serious overhauls to the new UV designs, there is a few things that seriously grind my gears and keep me from even considering getting another Universe - especially after having more than a decade of owning and playing ESP 7-strings. (In fact, I traded in my '91 UV7BK, because an LTD M107 with an EMG 707 set became the best playing and best sounding guitar I have ever owned... no b.s.) So the things that seriously piss me off about the Universe line up recently are as follows...

*You would have thought that in the awesome idea of re-releasing the older UV models - so far, the UV7BK & UV777WH as Premium models - the ONE model EVERYBODY has been dying for is the UV777GR, the green with maple fingerboard model. So far, a MAJOR drop of the ball on this for this die-hard UV lover...

*The second issue that is the obvious deal breaker for not only me, but others who love and want some of these guitars is this - THE OUTRAGEOUS PRICE TAGS!!! It was awesome that you guys reissued the UV77MC, but not everybody can afford more than $5k for a guitar that they want and have dreamed of for a long time. And then this followed suit with the release of the new Passion, Warfare, and Silver editions of the UV. And just like the UV77MCRE, you once again made all 3 of these new ones a strictly limited to 77 pieces of each one, with another outrageous $6k price tag... SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!

While the thought of releasing these as collector pieces, you blatantly ignored your avid customer fan base who have been dying for a serious overhaul of the Universe line up, by limiting the availability of these new ones to only elitist, arrogant @*$%! to be able to buy them, and either leave them in a case buried in their closet for decades at a time, or to have them sit in a display case and never to be touched or played - like ANY guitar is made to be. THIS, I have the biggest problem with...

One of the things I loved and wanted a Universe for - besides the 7-string - was the disappearing pyramid inlays. Was upset that the UV7BK was the only one to NOT have them. This to me, was nothing more than an RG7 with a pick guard and a middle single coil pickup. FAIL!!! I was hoping for what could have possibly been a reissue of the UV777GR as a Premium model, but obviously it seems Ibanez don't care that much about their fans, and die-hard JEM & UV players who crave the old classics.

Same goes for the MC's... The initial issue when the model was unveiled to the luthiers was the fact that the multi-colored inlays and the swirls were going to be a standard production thing and was concerned about cost. Well now going into 2017, the times, technology and production capabilities and options have changed as drastically as well. So why don't Ibanez get with the program and finish reissue-ing the Universe lineup as Premium models, and finally appeal to those who want these guitars, and make them affordable. You can make a killing by doing this, as well as further proving to your fans, collectors and die-hard players that you are really taking your customers thoughts, concerns and comments seriously. Not to mention, setting a real example to other guitar manufacturers that customer input is a serious issue regarding new models - both as reissues and new models themselves.

Until a UV77UGR reissue becomes available, and at an affordable price like the other 2 Premium UV models, I refuse to own another Ibanez 7-string. And I am certainly NOT going to pay more than what I owe on my car note for a guitar I am in love with and have dreamed of owning since I started playing guitar nearly 20 years ago.

Tags
air norton , alex skolnick , allen wrench , basswood body , candy apple red , chrome vine , custom exotic wood , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom ibanez , custom shop , custom shop guitar , dave mustaine , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dimarzio pups , dimarzio super distortion , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tone zone , dot inlay , dot inlays , duncan pickups , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , edge bridge , edge intonation tool , edge pro trem , edge pro tremolo , edge trem , edge trems , equipped guitar , fixed bridge , flamed maple , floyd rose , fret inlay , fret neck , gotoh tuners , guitar tech , heel neck , hoshino gakki , hoshino usa , ibanez catalog , ibanez custom shop , ibanez edge trem , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez neck , ibanez necks , ibanez pickups , ibanez trem , intonation tool , jack socket , jeff beck , jim donahue , joe satriani , lock nut , locking nut , locking nuts , locking stud , locking studs , locking tremolo , mahogany body , maple fingerboard , maple fingerboards , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , maple necks , neck joint , neck pockets , neck tenon , neck thru , offset dot inlays , paf pro , paul gilbert , pickup selector switch , piezo bridge , prestige guitar , prestige guitars , pro edge , pro edge bridge , pro tremolo , production model , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , reversed headstock , road flare red , rosewood fingerboard , rosewood fretboard , rusty cooley , rusty cooley dean , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pickups , shark tooth inlays , sharkfin inlays , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , shawn lane , signature guitar , sperzel tuners , string guitars , string tension , sunburst finish , super distortion , swamp ash , toggle switch , tone zone , tremolo bridge , tremolo system , tube amp , usa custom exotic wood , usa custom shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode