<back   Jemsite > Buy, Sell or Trade > Comments to Ibanez

Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

Old 09-20-2001, 02:26 AM

Please make a Dino Cazares Model - 7 string

His custom is the best 7 string ever. I know you would sell way more Dino Cazares model 7's then the korn one's because not only would Fear Factory fans buy them but all Ibanez 7 string fans would do so too because of how nice the guitar is. It would be the nicest 7 out there.
Old 09-20-2001, 07:25 AM

Please make a Dino Cazares Model

But, doesnt it lack a neck pickupp. That would not make me a byer.. hehe *but then, im not a FF fan either. But it is a sweet looking guitar. Add a neck pickupp..
Old 09-20-2001, 07:43 AM

Reviews: 1

Well I don't know if adding a neck pickup to someone's signature model is a wise move, I think probably keeping as true to Dino's actual guitar is probably a better move from a sales p.o.v.

The other comment to Ibanez I have on this matter would be that 100 of these guitar in a limited run might be an idea to test the waters. I think it worked with the original issue of the JPM100 guitars.

I think personally that the "signature model" is a great way of attracting folks to the Ibanez brand. Not only because of the name association but more often because these players know exactly what works on a guitar from a player's point of view. This I think translates into sales.

(Edited by jono at 2:46 am on Sep. 20, 2001)
Old 09-20-2001, 09:49 AM

while i agree i can't help thinking that signature guitar sales also fall because of certain 'restrictions'

look how many people have said they would like a K-7 if it wasn't for the inlay ?

i personally would like to see signature models having a range, so there could be the artist's model and some more 'general' models that would appeal to a wider range of players (neck pickups etc etc)

of course i suppose this makes the entire signiture thing redundant ! but a lot of people want aspects of a guitar but not the restictions
Old 09-20-2001, 10:01 AM

The EB/MM JP guitar can be got without the inlays. So why not things like the k7?

It would be cool if signature guitars had a few options on them...
Old 09-20-2001, 11:22 AM

guys think about it a neck thru ebony fret boarded reverse head stocked 7 string!
Hell I don't care if it comes with out any pickups I could add them later * you could always add a neck 707 *its the other features of the guitar that I love

btw I'm no ff fan but its a sweet guitar
Old 09-20-2001, 12:39 PM

Reviews: 3

I think it would be a far better move to take on some of the high points of that Dino model and create a new high-end 7-string that doesn't bear the price hike of a "signature" guitar.
Old 09-20-2001, 01:41 PM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Quote: from jem7pbk on 11:22 am on Sep. 20, 2001
guys think about it a neck thru ebony fret boarded reverse head stocked 7 string!
Hell I don't care if it comes with out any pickups I could add them later * you could always add a neck 707 *its the other features of the guitar that I love

btw I'm no ff fan but its a sweet guitar
Wow - a neck through!!! I wasn't aware it was neck through - you learn something new every day

(admittedly I'm not really impressed by neck through construction, I get the tone I like out of guitars with bolt on necks )
Old 09-20-2001, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Quote: from jay ratkowski on 12:39 pm on Sep. 20, 2001
I think it would be a far better move to take on some of the high points of that Dino model and create a new high-end 7-string that doesn't bear the price hike of a "signature" guitar.
yes yes yes !!!!!!!!

this is what we want ! 'features' without price tag
Old 09-21-2001, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Quote: from one less than none on 9:27 pm on Sep. 20, 2001

yes yes yes !!!!!!!!

not very likely to happen though is it
Old 09-27-2001, 04:34 AM

But the Dino model is very similar to the 1077XL isn't it? It looks similar (except for inlays, and the headstock and the pickup). But the rest of it, even the neck specs are similar???
Old 10-02-2001, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Quote: from 7 Dying Trees on 4:48 am on Sep. 21, 2001
Quote:
Quote: from one less than none on 9:27 pm on Sep. 20, 2001

yes yes yes !!!!!!!!

not very likely to happen though is it
this is true ........

but i was referring to my idea of having a signature range of guitars

there could be the artists model (big inlay, single pickup whatever) and then other models in a similar style.

So other models might have (in this case) no inlay and a neck pup, i suppose it goes towards a custom shop sort of area (which is where the sig. models come from anyway) - i think it could open up the signature guitar market ..........

mind you it would probably be easier for a very small or very large company to do.....

But we can dream

Maybe i should just start having guitars built for me it sounds like that is what i want :biggrin:
Old 10-02-2001, 01:26 PM

I agree on that about releasing signature guitars for the masses, with a couple of options. For example i have heard that some people would have survived without the single in the middle on the jems (om certainly not one of them). Maybe two colour choices on each Jem ?? Like the Jem7VWH in black, or red ??? *The DBK in orange ??

Tags
custom shop, dino cazares, ebony fret board, fret board, neck pickup, neck pickups, neck pup, neck thru, signature guitar

Show/Hide Posting Rules