Ibanez JEM Forum banner

For beginer to intermediate scales & theory

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Mike7771 
#1 ·
Looking around for my stepson to find a decent website that can start out with the basics of scales, structure & theory and take him to the itermediate levels. One that has detail but not hard to follow.

Any suggestions?

#2 ·
I dont know the level you stepson plays at but the Doug Doppler DVD Diatonic theory and harmony is very very good..
its not a DVD to put on a watch all the way through, there is about 6 months + of lessons and hard work in there. sometimes you could put it on for 5 mins and have a months practise ;)

#8 ·
i can follow it, but its more of a "here are some licks to help you play fast" thing i mean he goes over alot of stuff but really doesn't go into scales, theory that much just legato, arpeggios, hammer ons and pull offs, alternate picking stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=xzYGj4wr8l8&feature=related

#15 ·
In my 30+ years of playing I've found Jack Zucker's "Sheets of Sound" to be the best book available for improving both the depth and breadth of your knowledge. Take a look, but I wouldn't suggest it for a total beginner. It's perfect for an intermediate player though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.