Colorado Bulldog - I need to learn the intro..PLEASE!!!!! - Jemsite
Guitar Lessons & Music Theory Post any type of guitar or music lessons, theory and other learning methods.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2001, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Colorado Bulldog - I need to learn the intro..PLEASE!!!!!

hey!
Can anybody help me? I can't figure this out by ear. The tabs i've found on the net are dead wrong.
so if anyone can post a tab or scan it from a book (just 1 page i assume) i would be very thankful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2001, 04:03 PM

Colorado Bulldog

how much of the song do you want...I could sit down and learn the part that's on Paul Gilbert's "Terrifying Guitar Trip" video its in the beginning...wait...is that the same song?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2001, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Colorado Bulldog

wow! thanks! it's actually just a couple seconds, the reaally fast three note per string ascending-descending run. I don't have that video, but i have heard he plays it there.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2002, 04:06 PM

Colorado Bulldog

Dude forget learning that bastard... its impossible! HAHAH.........

wide stretches, *string skipping,.... its wrong as all hell..

Guitar FTPM *(the REAL guitar mag *R.I.P.) * tabbed out Colorado bulldog. * *I remember trying the first 3 notes... jesus..

first thing that makes it hard is, *the first 3 notes are picked, the next 3 are picked once with 2 hammer ons. * and that pattern goes through the whole lick.

Later on in my guitar playing years, *it does seem like *a possible lick. *Thing is, *playing alone without Billy sheenan (he does some crazy bass stuff while Paul rips it) *doesnt sound right.

What was always odd to me, is..... *what the HELL is the POINT of that lick in the song? * it makes NO sense to the whole theme of the tune. * Some tune about a drink they had in colorado, or some woman..... *the lick is just there for being there. *

I dunno. * *I actually think I have the lick SCANNED to show people online. *If i can find it ill send it to ya
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2002, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Colorado Bulldog

i'm totally a gilbert wannabe! yes, i admit it with great pride! lol hope i can learn it. the daddy brother little boy solo wasn't exactly easy to learn either. you can find it in PG's site, in a guitar player column scan (terrified in talahasee)

well, i'm still looking for it! btw my address is mcaprile@ing.uchile.cl.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Colorado Bulldog

I found it! i recently bought 200 guitar mags (actually 220, I posted about it in Off Topic/Misc). A 93' GW with Satch on the cover had a lesson with PG, and it said 'his most terrifying lick ever', I knew right away that was it! incredible. the fingering goes (D) 2-5-7 (G) 4-7-9. * etc
By the way, here's a link to a video of his clinic in chile:

http://www.futuro.cl/scripts/futuro/videos/template.asp

Tags
guitar mag , guitar playing , paul gilbert , string skipping

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode