<back   Jemsite > Players, People, Music and Tours > Guitar Lessons & Music Theory

Guitar Lessons & Music Theory Post any type of guitar or music lessons, theory and other learning methods.

Old 08-23-2002, 11:29 PM

Sweep Picking Instruction CD

I have noticed everyone praising the merits of Sweep Picking, I have absolutely no idea of how to learn how to do that. And in my search I landed on this link. http://www.guitarconsultant.com/sweeppicking.html. It sounds pretty amazing. Has anyone tried this method? Is it any good?

I live in India and there are absolutely no books/video's/any kind of instructional material available. I have to order everthing over the net (which is damn expensive, considering the freight and such). So, I wanna be sure that I order the right thing. Thanks.
Old 08-24-2002, 03:45 PM

My advice would be to stay away from this video.

I typed out in great length and detail exactly why but as I was adding my Good Cheese tag my
STUPID MOTHER$%@#ING COMPUTER CRASHED!!!!!

argghh....
If you want to ask some questions I'm sure the people on the forum, as well as myself, would be happy to help you out. Despite what some people will tell you, sweep picking arps is not some magical secret to being a "world class guitarists." It's just another technique that too many people over use.

Good Cheese,
-GS-
Old 08-24-2002, 07:25 PM

Thanks GiantStep.
The problem is that I have been playing for a few years and am so bad at soloing that I feel ashamed to play the guitar in front of people.

Could you or anyone else on the forum suggest a few books/Cd's that I can use to start afresh and actually get somewhere instead of just playing 3 chord progressions all my life. I WANNA SOLO
Old 08-24-2002, 08:12 PM

Well if you want to solo in a rock context, I would have to recommend Rock Discipline by John Petrucci. Personally, I don't care for his soloing, but the video is pretty good for priming the fundamentals of your lead playing.

Good Cheese,
-GS-

Tags
chord progression, chord progressions, john petrucci, sweep picking

Show/Hide Posting Rules