Ibanez JEM Forum banner
17K views 112 replies 39 participants last post by  King Nothing 
#1 ·
Is there anyplace I can find this coveted workout?  I don't know where it originally came from.  Was it in a magazine?

#27 ·
Copied from the other thread:

I have my own scans of them, and they are quite large. However, the text is extremely sharp & the music/tab is pretty clear. :)

Now, I run my computer with a 1280x1024 resolution, so things that may appear slightly large to me may be monstrous for others. So I uploaded one picture as a "test". I left the pictures at the scanned size with no touch-ups thus far; I need to know if this will be OK, or if it's too big (in file size AND screen size). I don't want to make it too small, either, or it won't print well (I'm assuming most of you will print this out) and the tab/music will lose clarity.

Here it is.

-Justin

P.S. Don't worry about the GeoCities ad square or the scrollbars; when I upload them all I will zip them.

(Edited by sixstringphoenix at 5:04 pm on Aug. 30, 2001)

#28 ·
Vai's 10 Hour Workout

Big job, are those yours? If so, you're missing one. Regardless, they are cool, and YngVaiTriani and I will for sure be playing this workout before the summer ends, for a real 10 hours. I'm getting all giddy just thinking about that. Anyway, can't wait SSP for the rest of the scans, nice work.

#32 ·
Vai's 10 Hour Workout

INPORTANT: In this workout there might be something called "angular exercises" missing. I have a guitar magazine where a reader wrote to the magazine about the workout but there is an exercise missing. If that is so I can tab it out here for you guys. I believe it's the 2nd part of angular exercises.

#34 ·
Vai's 10 Hour Workout

10 Hour Workout. Finished! Kinda funny that it came out to be 7 pages, isn't it? ;)

BTW, Yng & Clone, this includes the angular exercises.

Snag your copy here, and knock yourself out (hands included)! :biggrin:

-Justin

NB: It may help to have a working knowledge of simple sight reading (don't worry, not speed-sight reading) in case the you think tab came out too muddy in some areas.

Also by all means let me know what you think! Too big, too unclear, prints well, prints badly, whatever!

#36 ·
Vai's 10 Hour Workout

If you're talking about Big Job's, then the quality difference was that his was smaller. The text was fine, but I found it difficult to read the tab because of the size. (No offense intended)

If you're talking about the single picture I had up earlier, that was for a test only. Someone replied that it was good quality, so I went ahead with the other 6. There is no difference between the old and new first page.

Hope you like them!

-Justin

#45 ·
Vai's 10 Hour Workout

I got the workout on my comp but i'm not even interested in using it now. It's all about developing finger speed and coordination... basically a finger aerobics workout with no brain power at all...

I need the brain side of guitar. I don't want to go any father with technical at the moment.

#48 ·
Vai's 10 Hour Workout

Any chance you could do some higher resolution scans? My printer is pretty junky and it comes out muddy.

Gee, I'm using guitar terms more and more in non-musical situations.. First I describe my coffee as midrangey, then my printer as muddy...

#49 ·
Vai's 10 Hour Workout

Quote: from Kremlin on 10:02 pm on Sep. 7, 2001
Any chance you could do some higher resolution scans? My printer is pretty junky and it comes out muddy.

Gee, I'm using guitar terms more and more in non-musical situations.. First I describe my coffee as midrangey, then my printer as muddy...
:rotf:

Unfortunately I was in a hurry to get them up so I was foolish enough not to save them before I downscaled it. Stupid me! :doh:

Terribly sorry...
-Justin

Is it the text or notation coming out muddy? or both?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.