Ibanez JEM Forum banner
17K views 112 replies 39 participants last post by  King Nothing 
#1 ·
Is there anyplace I can find this coveted workout?  I don't know where it originally came from.  Was it in a magazine?

#52 ·
Vai's 10 Hour Workout

Justin, you don't have to go all out. If the other people had the program they could read it off monitor themselves. OR print it out and correct it with pen.

No bother man.
There's also a link earlier in this discussion where someone posted another copy of the whole workout.

#55 ·
Vai's 10 Hour Workout

Listen who cares what other guitarist do.. Are you going to make a living playing what other guitarists make. Compose your own chord progesions. Then solo over them and practice what you need to do and PRACTICE EVERYTHING. IM so lasy i go for about an hour then i just jam. Its a bad habbit never get into that..

J

#57 ·
Vai's 10 Hour Workout

Quote: from YngVaiTriani on 12:51 pm on Aug. 31, 2001
Well this workout covers mostly lead guitar practice I would assume. Mostly speed and coordination of your fingers and picking?
Well...
Where can I easily find something like this that will make me a better rhythm player???
Play with a good drummer. He'll whip your rythm playing into shape (especially those with jazz leanings, they come up)! But apart from that, the only thing I could really say is practice chords, and improve picking speed tightness and accuracy. Listen to some fear factor stuff (demanufacture), or some messhuggah. Also listen to the guy from iced earth, he is very very tight as a rythm player. If you want some excercises for rythm which will keep you busy get the tab book for rust in piece (megadeth).

The only way I improve rythm is by jamming with people and learning rythm parts that they've come up with and learning songs.

I hope that helps in some ways...

#60 ·
I assumed when Glen changed the boards that the old posts would be lost, and so no one would find this thread... but I guess I was wrong. I did a little spring cleaning on my geocities space... Much apologies to anyone seeking the legendary routine.

It's a good read, but personally, I wouldn't recommend it anyways.
10 hour practice routine != social life. :)

#72 ·
JackButler said:
ok i can't seem to get this to work i try to get it and it just comes on my computer as a bunch of alien writing which i assume is the computer codes. So if someone could tell me how to do this or maybe even better email it to me??? :) please if that would work. to metaljustice83@hotmail.com please please please thank you even for looking
It's a zip file, so try to open it using Winzip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.