Ibanez JEM Forum banner
17K views 112 replies 39 participants last post by  King Nothing 
#1 ·
Is there anyplace I can find this coveted workout?  I don't know where it originally came from.  Was it in a magazine?

#79 ·
The link is on page 2 of this thread. Here it is again anyway.

[link removed]

Let me know if it doesn't work for you. The server misbehaves sometimes.

Edit (Dec 16, 2002):

NOTE: Folks, please be gentle on the server. Do not click on the link and cancel the request repeatedly cos that ties up bandwidth. Someone from Dublin using ISP Internet Ireland with the IP address 217.78.0.7 did this at least 40 times today (Dec 16, 2002) around 8pm GMT and banged up my ghetto, little server. I'm going to have to remove this file from the server if it happens again. Please click on it once, and be patient. Send me an email if you have problems downloading and I'll send you the file via email. Thanks folks! :)

#89 ·
New url

Feel free to download it from my server, located in Central Europe, might be faster for some people.

http://users.pandora.be/in-quest/VAI/

Btw, it does NOT include page 7. If someone has it, mail it to me and I will include it. Or if someone gets a hold of the ones who got it fully 1,5 year ago, please be so kind to mail it to me... be kind, be cool...

Mail to; douglas.verhoeven@rug.ac.be

#90 ·
Hey, DouglasV

I am new today and just read these posts.

I have page 7 and will now try to email it to you. I downloaded your zip and see what you are missing. Page 7 is just vai text explaining the exercises a bit more but it is helpful.

I even kept the 1080 pixel height for you.

Include it in your new ZIP if you wish :D

The size is 395 KB so I think I can email it to you alright.

#91 ·
spacenuke said:
The link is on page 2 of this thread. Here it is again anyway.

[link removed]

Let me know if it doesn't work for you. The server misbehaves sometimes.

Edit (Dec 16, 2002):

NOTE: Folks, please be gentle on the server. Do not click on the link and cancel the request repeatedly cos that ties up bandwidth. Someone from Dublin using ISP Internet Ireland with the IP address 217.78.0.7 did this at least 40 times today (Dec 16, 2002) around 8pm GMT and banged up my ghetto, little server. I'm going to have to remove this file from the server if it happens again. Please click on it once, and be patient. Send me an email if you have problems downloading and I'll send you the file via email. Thanks folks! :)
ok, i'm taking down this link while i figure out some permissions issue on my server.

someone posted a link to the file on deathmetal.de w/o my permission, so i'm trying to block out that referring site on the server. btw, if anyone wants to post a link to the file, make a copy of it and find your own storage, you're not welcomed to link directly to my server.

sorry i have to be strict about this since i don't have a heavy duty server.

#92 ·
New link to Vai 10 hour workout

Hi again,

I made a new link with the Steve Vai 10 hour workout lesson.

I put up a web site with the 7 pages here. I had to shrink the jpgs to under 256 kb thought to fit on the free server. I still think that all the tab and staff is clear to read on the screen though.

check it out here

http://guitarstuff4u.netfirms.com

have fun...

Note: All exercises are included in this version, even the angular lessons. These 7 pages were from a special issue. I remember when VAI first put his lessons in a magazine, they forgot to put the staff and tab of a few exercises. This one is complete.

#95 ·
If you get hold of a program called bittorrent, someone has scanned the 30 hour workout and its available for download through that program, just search for

a) bitorrent
b) steve vai 30 hour workout torrent

for those who don't know about bittorrent, install it then dowload the steve vai torrent file, and open it with the bittorrent program, this will initiate the download, you may have to give it a while to get going as well

hope this helps

#100 ·
Hmmm is this kinda 10 hour thing beneficiary? As in, not doing JUST 10 hours on technique, but like, learning scales, ear training, technique, chord finding for 10 hours a day? I'm on half term atm for 2 weeks, with sod all to do during the day, so I'm thinking some sort of intensive course might be what I need. I'd appreciate any feedback from people who've done similar things (not just Vai's 10 hour workout) and any good/bad points from their experience.

Thanks people!

~M

#101 ·
I am not sure that it is healthy to work on that kind of thing for 10 hours straight in one day.

I tend to break it up into 3 or four segments over a few days. Although I must admit that I haven't attempted it for a while.

I did spend a weekend just playing guitar a few years ago, and it was fine. i learnt alot, and honed it really well and I didn't ge any major joint problems or tendonitis.

Still you're young, you will heal quickly. Practice away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.