When you started and what inspired you... - Page 3 - Jemsite
Guitar Lessons & Music Theory Post any type of guitar or music lessons, theory and other learning methods.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 03:58 AM

Re: When you started and what inspired you...

mmmm i was 12...i saw a the SRV's live from austin texas in the TV....that change mi life completely ...now i like fusion music and shred stuff....But VAUGHAN will be always my major influence .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 07:10 AM
Eco

started when i was about 12, used to mess around with my dads strat, so he decided it would be best to encourage me to actually play it than mess about where i mite cause damage.

My main early influences were from watch Satch and Vai on a Seville Expo 92 Video and listening to Whitesnake,Led Zep,Thin lizzy and thunder in the car wherever we were driving places.

Now its the Heavier more progressive stuff like Dream Theater and Symphony X, but i still like playing the older stuff from when i started.
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 05:48 PM

I started when i was 11. I strummed useless chords 3 years long with my guitar teacher then i dropped a bit guitar playing. Then last October i started again but this time playing solo guitar. I have never looked back since. Im very proud of my achievments and the recognition i get when i nail a song or a solo. Its my number 1 hobby.
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 05:59 PM

1993- My dad made me take piano for 8 yrs
Then 6th grade (I forget which year and age I was) I started playing upright bass again by my dad's ideas but I liked some Jaco stuff
8th Grade- inspired by SRV and Hendrix to play guitar.
9th grade- Learned about Vai and inspired to go as far as I can in guitar
now im going into 11th grade and I'm still following my inspirations also I'm more into bass players too like Billy Sheehan, Jaco, Ray Brown, Ron Carter, and many others
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 07:36 AM

Y'know I can't really remember.

I guess it's just that in the 60s and early 70s every single band worth watching (and the other kind too) had guitars. They were just ......... cool.
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 12:33 AM

hmmm it was in 94. my brother showed me how to play smoke on the water ,then i bought a cheap acoustic and a metallica tab book. That was weird obviously lol but i bought a few more tab books like nirvana and candlebox. A friend of mine showed me hendrix and srv and i knew then i wanted to play solos and improvise. One day I heard Perry Mason by ozzy on the radio and i was like I wanna play like THAT.

That was 18 years ago or so and although i'm not a huge zakk fan now it got me started on the right path. Im mostly into Satch,vai,timmons,gilbert nowdays but I still love all that other stuff cause it helped get me to where im at....Im forever grateful
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 12:43 AM

I got a guitar and amp for my 12th Bday so it was...1987? I wanted a guitar ever since I saw Back to the Future. (1985) : ) Also I started skateboarding b/c of it so that film had a big influence on my life haha. But it was my Mom's Cheap Trick and Chuck Berry records that took me over the top and beg my folks for an axe.
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 11:40 AM

Reviews: 1

Just the guitar itself.

Plain and somple
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 10:54 AM

Reviews: 4

My brother got a guitar. I played it more then he did. Then the movie La Bamba came out. I wanted to be Ritchie Valens for awile. Loved that. Then I got ..And Justice For All......
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 12:21 AM

Reviews: 1

Yep...And Justice For All would do it...\m/....btw...their last good album
post #41 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 12:03 PM

I first played guitar when I was about 13 or 14 (94 iirc). My uncle gave me his old fender (because he got a new one for xmas).

I did lessons for a short time but had to choose between Kung Fu and guitar... Always been a martial arts nut so I chose Kung fu. I regret it yet I dont, very strange feeling.

I started playing guitar again a little over a year and a half ago. At first I thought of it as something that I just needed to do because I gave it up so long ago, and for some weird reason, I've been wanting to live my life to the fullest and go back to finish things i started a long time ago. So yeah, that was the start (and I've continued since then), and it has given my life the greatest gift of all: Hearing myself actually play music.

I've always been influenced by Mick Mars, but more recently, my biggest influence has become Timo Tolkki. Not so much for his speedy Yngwie-style solos, but his simple melodies and very emotional music. So much of what Stratovarius became was because of his songwriting and simple melodies (and he is still considered to be the father of symphonic power metal). I basically only listen to old school (pre-kotipelto) stratovarius now, because of the emotional power of that era of Strato.

Tags
acoustic guitar , allan holdsworth , andy summers , bass drum , billy sheehan , brett garsed , electric guitar , fender strat , floyd rose , george benson , guitar players , guitar playing , guitar shop , iron maiden , jimi hendrix , kurt cobain , motley crue , music store , paul gilbert , playing guitar , randy rhoads , sam ash , shawn lane , squier strat , squire strat , steve morse , steve vai , stevie ray , stevie ray vaughn , van halen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode