<back   Jemsite > Players, People, Music and Tours > Local Jams & Events > Jemfest Forum

Jemfest Forum Official info and discussion about organized Jemfestivals in the USA and worldwide.

Old 12-13-2000, 02:46 PM

Reviews: 1

Jemfest 2001 Attendance

Quote:
Quote: from Kevan on 10:59 pm on Dec. 12, 2000
Okay...okay.

I guess I'll go. * You guys talked me into it.

:biggrin:
I hope so Commander - for your sake! The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am!
Old 12-13-2000, 05:07 PM

Jemfest 2001 Attendance

I see you got your password working Darren. I wasn’t gonna’ say anything until we had a firm date, but what the heck.

Depending on weather the family is with me, in which case we will make a whole week of it, I will probably be traveling solo. *If so and if you are located between Houston and Orlando, in close proximity of I-10, can’t afford air fare or have too many DWI’s and are not a psycho, I’ll give you a lift.

We will be joining the swirl flag bearing, guitar toting, Vai listening, fast food guzzling, Jem train and heading east on I-10, out of Houston. *As people join the happy convoy along the way we can always play musical cars to keep things entertaining.

NOTE: If wife and son decide Orlando makes it worth putting up with my Ibanez obsession, I will be leaving early and spending a week at… you guessed it, Disneyworld before the fest. That will, sadly, disqualify me from convoy membership.

As we draw closer to the date, (whatever it is) let us continue discussion on this potentially insane proposal of Darren’s.
Old 12-13-2000, 05:19 PM

Jemfest 2001 Attendance

I had really hoped to make this, but will (probably) be heading to Italy for three weeks around mid-May. Between the economic and temporal conflicts it won't happen unless the trip gets canceled.

-bill
Old 12-13-2000, 05:25 PM

Jemfest 2001 Attendance

Who are the artists again? LOL
Old 12-13-2000, 06:14 PM

Jemfest 2001 Attendance

Bob, I'm driving from the San Antonio area, you could always let the wife and kids take another vehicle and I'll give ya a lift.

Actually, I'm still not totally sure if I'm driving or flying...

I think the actual date of the event will determine that for me.
Old 12-13-2000, 09:03 PM

Jemfest 2001 Attendance

Quote:
Quote: from Jeremy Krull on 7:25 pm on Dec. 13, 2000
Who are the artists again? LOL
It would be a shame if we didn't get to see you tear it up.
Old 12-13-2000, 09:18 PM

Jemfest 2001 Attendance

I personally would love to jam with you, Jeremy.

J>
Old 12-13-2000, 11:21 PM

Jemfest 2001 Attendance

Jemfest just wants to keep me at a day's length....

it was a 20 hour drive to NYC.

a 25 hour drive to Vegas.

and another 20 hour drive to Orlando.

bleah. *living in Central Arkansas, I'm the furthest distance in the contiguous 48 states to anything interesting. *

I would like to take the kids on vacation (the kids being a Jem, a UV, a PGM, a JPM and a baby Herc-swirled RG7), though. *they've never been to Disney World. *

perhaps we'll find a way.

colter
Old 12-14-2000, 12:31 AM

Jemfest 2001 Attendance

I will be there for shure... but I will take a plane so who can lend me his amp?? :-)
Ricky
Old 12-14-2000, 03:09 AM

Jemfest 2001 Attendance

Hrm...

I didn't think of that. If I fly I can't bring my geetar. Hrm.

Not that anyone wants to hear my mindless guitar drivel.
Old 12-14-2000, 06:28 PM

Reviews: 3

Jemfest 2001 Attendance

You won't need an amp unless you're that dedicated to practicing in your hotel room...

For the jam, there will be several amps, and people just have to share... not everyone plays at once, that'd be insanity... save it for the guitar stores... *

As I mentioned before, I plan on bringing two Legacy half-stacks for everyone to use. *MAYBE a Cruise head.

For flying with guitars... of course DO NOT check them in. *I think there are NO airlines that will insure musical instruments. *Plus, I've had airlines assure me that if I checked my guitar in, it WOULD be broken (hack, Northwest, cough). *What I'd do, is try and bring it in a gig bag if possible... and ask them to stow it in the closet for you. *Say it's worth absurd amounts of money and you don't want to have to hold them responsible if it's damaged. *You'd think they would brush you aside... but half the time the people don't know their own policies and will let it go. *On a side note, I always fly Midwest Express and have always been wonderfully accomidated when flying with instruments.
Old 12-15-2000, 02:16 PM

Jemfest 2001 Attendance

Flying with a guitar. *A few years ago, *I spent a semester in England. *Flying internationally with a guitar was a terrible thought, plus i was already heavily laden with cumbersome baggage.

My solution - I dismantled the guitar. *I took my old PGM100 with me by taking the neck off and keeping the body and neck with me at all times in my carry-on bag. *Wrapped securely of course.

Just a thought.

colter
Old 12-15-2000, 04:02 PM

Jemfest 2001 Attendance

Hrmm.

Well, if I drive I suppose I could bring my drumset if there were to be a jam type thing. I've got a brand new Yamaha Stage Custom kit, Zildjian, DW, Evans etc. I'm not a bad drummer either.. for a guitar player.

Unless someone is already bringing a kit. I'm surely not lugging it for nothing.
Old 12-16-2000, 09:22 AM

Jemfest 2001 Attendance

I've flown with guitars a few times. They always say no when I ask if it could be stored in some kind of closet.
The first time was with this old garage sale Aria Pro. I just threw it in it's case with some shirts wrapped around it. Made it through with no damage.
The next time I took 3 guitars. I put my RG 570 CT(my first one) and my strat in a box that was made for 3 guitars. I wrapped all my clothing around them in the box (they were still in their cases). I also had my Jazzmaster which was also wrapped in newspaper and some old shirts.
The last time was with my RG 760. It came with a pretty well padded case. I don't remember if I bothered to wrap it in shirts or not, but it made it just fine.
I plan on travelling with my latest 570 CT on Monday. I'll put it in my 760 case, wrap it up, and throw it in an acoustic box.

Just make sure you wrap your guitars in clothing (which also saves you from having to pack another bag) and/or newspaper, and you should be alright. Of course, I don't plan on travelling with my RG Egypt or my Donnie on a plane like that.
Old 12-17-2000, 05:28 AM

Jemfest 2001 Attendance

Any word of a date yet?

I know you'd post it, I'm just asking.

Tags
eric sands, ernie ball, padded gig bag, rob balducci

Show/Hide Posting Rules