<back   Jemsite > Players, People, Music and Tours > Multimedia: Music, Pictures & Sounds

Multimedia: Music, Pictures & Sounds share links to MP3s, JPGs, Videos, Youtube or other music or multimedia (no bootleg or illegal file sharing please).

Old 11-23-2012, 11:49 PM

Reviews: 2

Andy Timmons-possessed by the Devil?

Andy Timmons might have sold his soul to the devil,to be this good. Some of you people might have seen this, but for you that haven't-enjoy.

Live version at a music guitar expo, sound isen't perfect but performance makes up for it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW1E23KwqUY

Record version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIJ9K...eature=related

Recommend to see the live version first.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:26 AM

Re: Andy Timmon-possessed by the Devil?

Possessed? I doubt it. Badass? Absolutely. He's a monster. And that's an OLD video. Love the way he hops around and looks like he can barely contain himself when he plays.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAorama View Post
Possessed? I doubt it. Badass? Absolutely. He's a monster. And that's an OLD video. Love the way he hops around and looks like he can barely contain himself when he plays.

Yeah he's a monster that's for sure. Yeah he's really into the song. So you think the Devil might have his soul?
Old 11-24-2012, 02:11 AM

I don't think you could play that well without a soul, so I bet it's still intact. And he's a super nice guy. I've met him several times, and never noticed any glowing red eyes or pentagrams. Even if the devil DID have his soul, I'm sure he could win it back. I mean if Ralph Macchio can beat Jack Butler, Timmons sure as hell could.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAorama View Post
I don't think you could play that well without a soul, so I bet it's still intact. And he's a super nice guy. I've met him several times, and never noticed any glowing red eyes or pentagrams. Even if the devil DID have his soul, I'm sure he could win it back. I mean if Ralph Macchio can beat Jack Butler, Timmons sure as hell could.

Yeah i guess you're right. I am sure i would think about it anyway if i was offered that deal. And yes he seems to be a nice dude as well, not the big rock star personality.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:39 AM

feel?? ok only...marty friedman and guthrie govan better feel with unique phrases rather than plain fast pentatonic licks....just playing around the box....
Old 11-24-2012, 03:23 AM

Reviews: 1

Avoid the religious comments, it's a no no topic on jemsite. It can upset some folks and has seen others permanbanned before now.

But dang, that Mr Timmons can play!
Old 11-24-2012, 07:14 AM

I thought we were jesting about the soul/possession thing, and that soul was a reference to musical feeling - as in secular. And my reference to the devil was a Crossroads reference, a la Ralph Macchio and Steve Vai. No offense intended. Thought that was obvious. My apologies if it wasn't.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:01 AM

Reviews: 1

No worries, I'm just playing it safer than sorry. Mr Timmons had been the victim of a thread that was along these lines that turned from "how good is Andy timmons" to the bulletin board equivalent of full on religious warfare. Given that some folks lurk and only seem to come out at the whiff of trouble, I think this needs to be nipped in the bud, even though its in jest at the moment .
Old 11-24-2012, 11:33 AM

Humm, I was expecting green vomit?
Old 11-24-2012, 02:37 PM

Nice guy, he replied 1-2 mail's I sent him back in the day about some solo's in the 90's. To be honest I wasn't expecting one but he was very helpful
Old 11-24-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mertay View Post
Nice guy, he replied 1-2 mail's I sent him back in the day about some solo's in the 90's. To be honest I wasn't expecting one but he was very helpful
Damn that is a nice guy.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djanggo View Post
just playing around the box....
Isn't it all "just playing around the box"? Heck, I'm sure you could fit a box that would say that Ron Jarzombek is "just playing around the box" of pentatonics. Remember that this is soon 20 years ago. It was not awesome cool to play your heart out at that time. Most didn't. This is great guitar playing on many levels.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:34 AM

Reviews: 4
Talking

The first time I saw him was on this tour. He came to San Antonio and played at a local music store. I was totally blown away. Couple years later I had moved to Dallas and guess who played EVERY week at a local place. All the songs of Ear Extasy plus some blues stuff too. I prolly saw him 50 times. Great guy too, helped me learn a few licks before a show once.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dccomputersa View Post
The first time I saw him was on this tour. He came to San Antonio and played at a local music store. I was totally blown away. Couple years later I had moved to Dallas and guess who played EVERY week at a local place. All the songs of Ear Extasy plus some blues stuff too. I prolly saw him 50 times. Great guy too, helped me learn a few licks before a show once.
Yeah that's what people say-he's a relly nice person.

Tags
andy timmons, hiroshima

Show/Hide Posting Rules